Page 2 of 32 [ 501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 8:39 am

MCalavera wrote:
Declension wrote:
There is a subspecies of MRA who have indeed gotten laid, but became MRAs because of a nasty breakup. This type might even still get laid regularly, but they probably do it by using creepy "Pickup Artist" tactics.

I don't even think it's just "some". Most outspoken MRAs I've heard of have been in relationships and sexual activities with women. Also, MRA is not equal to misogyny (that's like saying feminism = misandry).

This thread seems like it was made a power trip of some sort ("I'm strong, you're weak").

The problem is that MRA groups are anti-feminist and a lot of them are indeed misogynistic, too busy hating on women to advocate for or even care about the "men's issues" they claim to care about.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 8:53 am

Jono wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
Declension wrote:
There is a subspecies of MRA who have indeed gotten laid, but became MRAs because of a nasty breakup. This type might even still get laid regularly, but they probably do it by using creepy "Pickup Artist" tactics.

I don't even think it's just "some". Most outspoken MRAs I've heard of have been in relationships and sexual activities with women. Also, MRA is not equal to misogyny (that's like saying feminism = misandry).

This thread seems like it was made a power trip of some sort ("I'm strong, you're weak").

The problem is that MRA groups are anti-feminist and a lot of them are indeed misogynistic, too busy hating on women to advocate for or even care about the "men's issues" they claim to care about.

Same as many feminist groups who are indeed man-haters.

Geekonychus
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 9:08 am

This is why being a misanthrope is awesome. I can hate everyone equally.

DialAForAwesome
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 9:55 am

Geekonychus wrote:
This is why being a misanthrope is awesome. I can hate everyone equally.

Funny thing about being a misanthrope is that you'll still hit the roadblock where you get called a misogynist. It's happened to me a few times.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:08 am

So far a lot of sensible things have been said in here. I like that. :thumright:

The big problem exists on both sides of the fence where the objectivity has been lost and they're no longer fighting for "fairness" or "equality" but instead are fighting for "more more more for meeee!"

Like one of my signature links says, "Feminism (or the MRA apparently) is the idea that we can make both sexes equal by focusing solely on the issues of only one of them."

...but at least the MRA hasn't busted up any feminism meetings like these groups have:
[youtube]redacted for swearing[/youtube]
Screaming into the meeting with bullhorns, pulling the fire alarm, and hurling obscenities at all men in the area is just not cool... not cool at all.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:39 am

Tyri0n wrote:
It may not have always been this way, but in modern society, gender equality is a nearly universally accepted value. It's not going way, so the only reason to resist it is if one has a strong incentive to resist it. Those who reject equality tend to be either (1) religious nuts (male and female in equal numbers) or (2) sexually frustrated losers (mostly male).

Getting laid is a primary and common human activity. It is not an accomplishment, like getting into Harvard, so MRA's and other opponents of gender equality--mostly comprised of ugly sexually frustrated dudes--are the weakest of the weak. Those men who resent feminism tend to do so because they themselves are losers in the system. But not all men are losers in the system. You don't see Wall Street bankers (70% male) complaining about feminism. Most of the top paying jobs and politically powerful positions still belong to men (80% of the Senate for example), and most powerful men have no problem either getting laid or getting all people, including women, to be subservient to them. It follows, hence, that those men who have an incentive to complain about feminism or gender equality are those left behind.

The complainers are the minority of men who are losers in the system, and therefore, this type of complaining is almost always a sign of being weak and a loser.

Okay, most people in this forum aren't MRAs, but obviously there are a lot of "sexually frustrated" males here. So you're choice of words is effectively trolling a big section of this forum. Why? Did you start this just to defend yourself / get back at Posicle or other people who've accused you of being an MRA?

MCalavera
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 10:46 am

Jono wrote:
MCalavera wrote:
Declension wrote:

Anti-feminism isn't a bad thing because anti-feminism could simply mean being against the feministic attitude rather than gender equality (which has pretty much been achieved already in the Western world).

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:24 am

Tyri0n wrote:
It may not have always been this way, but in modern society, gender equality is a nearly universally accepted value. It's not going way, so the only reason to resist it is if one has a strong incentive to resist it. Those who reject equality tend to be either (1) religious nuts (male and female in equal numbers) or (2) sexually frustrated losers (mostly male).

Most religious nutjobs aren't misgyonists. There are muslim theocracies that have banned the burqa altogether, for instance.

I agree with you when it comes to the unf*cked losers, though. They're the man equivalent to the ugly and masculine woman who think men are intimidated by her college degree or the fact that she works full-time.

Quote:
Getting laid is a primary and common human activity. It is not an accomplishment, like getting into Harvard, so MRA's and other opponents of gender equality--mostly comprised of ugly sexually frustrated dudes--are the weakest of the weak.

I haven't really tried to get laid after I broke up with my ex, because of my very limited spare-time. Because I no longer have the time to do online dating and because I don't drink, one night stands will have to wait. I have an 18.5" bicep size and could easily kick the ass of most party animals out there, so it's not a matter of weakness. Been told many times in the gym that I've grown a lot since my first workouts a little more than a year ago.

Quote:
Those men who resent feminism tend to do so because they themselves are losers in the system. But not all men are losers in the system.

Depends on what feminism we're talking about. No sane person opposes true feminism, but many sane men oppose whiny and passive-agressive left-wingers who are constantly envious of more attractive women.

Quote:
You don't see Wall Street bankers (70% male) complaining about feminism. Most of the top paying jobs and politically powerful positions still belong to men (80% of the Senate for example), and most powerful men have no problem either getting laid or getting all people, including women, to be subservient to them. It follows, hence, that those men who have an incentive to complain about feminism or gender equality are those left behind.

You're average man f*cks a grande total of seven women in his life, despite the fact that most men have to take the active role and pursue the woman and not the other way around. If a man is single (which for many men can last two years), he only gets laid every now and then if he doesn't have a friend with benefits.

Quote:
The complainers are the minority of men who are losers in the system, and therefore, this type of complaining is almost always a sign of being weak and a loser.

Are you a perfect ten, then?

PsychoSarah
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:31 am

Don't forget that some of the people who are against equality are those who are resistant to change. Ever notice there is a lot of sexism on this site?

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:40 am

BlueMax wrote:
...but at least the MRA hasn't busted up any feminism meetings like these groups have:
[youtube]redacted for swearing[/youtube]
Screaming into the meeting with bullhorns, pulling the fire alarm, and hurling obscenities at all men in the area is just not cool... not cool at all.

Do you mean the same feminist who got inundated with hundreds of death threats, rape threats, was harassed and even doxed by MRA's? Yeah, interesting concept of "activism":

http://manboobz.com/2013/04/15/canadian-feminist-activist-receives-death-threats-and-other-abuse-after-being-targeted-by-mens-rights-activists/

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:51 am

Jono wrote:
BlueMax wrote:
[youtube]redacted[/youtube]

Do you mean the same feminist who got inundated with hundreds of death threats, rape threats, was harassed and even doxed by MRA's? Yeah, interesting concept of "activism":

http://manboobz.com/2013/04/15/canadian-feminist-activist-receives-death-threats-and-other-abuse-after-being-targeted-by-mens-rights-activists/

Two wrongs don't make a right. Unless she had any proof that the majority of the men on the meeting sent her threats, she had no right to sabotage the meeting. That ugly redhead is the female equivalent to the misogynist men we debate here and if she had looked like a feminine women instead of a man in drag, she wouldn't have been a stereotypical straw feminist in the first place.

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:52 am

Jono wrote:

Consider that 95% of any of those "threats" are typical anonymous youtube posters spouting crap.
Instead of intelligently saying they disagree with her, they responded with 2-5 words with the sole intention of making her mad. (You could even use the single word, "sandwich", to drive some into a foamy rage!)
Some 16-year-old goofball saying, "Die witch!" does not count as a "death threat" in my books - but it does in hers, and is used in argument against eeeeevil men not liking her feminist movement.

Not to turn this into that kind of debate, this is just another example of either side completely losing objectivity. Fairness vs. me me me me me me meeeeeeee!!

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 11:58 am

BlueMax wrote:
Jono wrote:

Consider that 95% of any of those "threats" are typical anonymous youtube posters spouting crap.
Instead of intelligently saying they disagree with her, they responded with 2-5 words with the sole intention of making her mad. (You could even use the single word, "sandwich", to drive some into a foamy rage!)
Some 16-year-old goofball saying, "Die witch!" does not count as a "death threat" in my books - but it does in hers, and is used in argument against eeeeevil men not liking her feminist movement.

Not to turn this into that kind of debate, this is just another example of either side completely losing objectivity. Fairness vs. me me me me me me meeeeeeee!!

Every internet celebrity receives these threats; Zyzz, Girlvinyl, Tay Zonday, Justin Bieber and that fat neckbeard that is TheAmazingAtheist have all received countless email threats.

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 12:03 pm

Careful there.

While I have no issue with the current debate I d suggest you stay away from locked topics(that video got locked because it created arguments that were a bit too heavy for PPR) so that it isnt just about that video in case someone starts complaining

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 12:10 pm

I see nothing wrong with feminism as a historical movement. It's just that some are attracted to it because they have been abused or worse and are pissed off, and these tend to be the more radical/ridiculous ones. Same goes for MRA people. That said, I also don't see the point in trolling people who probably have some kind of issues making them the way they are. It's not like anyone is forced to associate with such people.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2013, 12:36 pm

marshall wrote:
I see nothing wrong with feminism as a historical movement. It's just that some are attracted to it because they have been abused or worse and are pissed off, and these tend to be the more radical/ridiculous ones.

Don't you think that those people need support.

marshall wrote:
Same goes for MRA people.

Some men are attracted to the MRA movement because they've been abused etc. The question is, do the MRA's really care about their issues rather than just using them as a means to an end for a different agenda? For example, if they were really concerned about domestic violence against men, doesn't it make more sense to raise money to help male victims rather than use evidence of it to roll back support for female victims? I mean, there are MRA groups that have tried to sue women's shelters in an effort to defund them instead of actually raising money to help the male victims.