Is it creepy for older men to prefer younger women?

Page 4 of 16 [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Is it creepy for older guys to prefer younger women?
Poll ended at 29 Aug 2013, 8:25 pm
Yes 13%  13%  [ 5 ]
No 58%  58%  [ 23 ]
Depends 30%  30%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 40

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:15 pm

Have you ever actually 'taken' a girl's virginity? It's pretty traumatic for the guy as well as the girl. There are probably going to be tears even if there isn't blood. And after you do it to her, she's tied to you for life in a weird way, even if you don't speak to her for decades. The emotional bond never completely goes away. If I was a guy, I'd not want the responsibility. It's heavy stuff.

I was expecting it to be just something trivial and vaguely uncomfortable, but it messed me up.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 4:18 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
Have you ever actually 'taken' a girl's virginity? It's pretty traumatic for the guy as well as the girl. There are probably going to be tears even if there isn't blood. And after you do it to her, she's tied to you for life in a weird way, even if you don't speak to her for decades. The emotional bond never completely goes away. If I was a guy, I'd not want the responsibility. It's heavy stuff.

I was expecting it to be just something trivial and vaguely uncomfortable, but it messed me up.

^ Well said
I find it quite creepy, my ex partner's sister has frequently been approached by older men and i have seen her discomfort when this happens. i think some men are afraid of adult women. the emotions involved with something so intimate should not be taken lightly.
what on earth could a grown man have in common with a adolescent girl????

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Quote:
I find it quite creepy, my ex partner's sister has frequently been approached by older men and i have seen her discomfort when this happens. i think some men are afraid of adult women. the emotions involved with something so intimate should not be taken lightly.

Most of us are able to repress the desire, which may be lurking deep within the male psyche, and which manifests itself, innocently, in music and art.

Paul Gauguin liked teenaged girls, and painted them.

He gave us a rather idealized, if not quite accurate, view of Polynesia. I think that his paintings appeal more to men than to women.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

Here is a little ditty that is just loaded with sexual symbolism and innuendo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xf13v1jgvQ8[/youtube]

Note, too, the suggestive formation of the dancers, and the singer's penetration of the formation when he says "Let's do it now" at 1:52.

Oh, this choreographer knew exactly what he was up to.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm

I've always found the work of male artists more interesting on the odd occasion when it isn't about their repressed sexual desires for people much less powerful than them. See beyond their lust into the reality of life.

And female artists are usually more interesting if they can forget they're women for a while and all the pain that entails. See beyond their pain into the reality of life.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:02 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
I've always found the work of male artists more interesting on the odd occasion when it isn't about their repressed sexual desires for people much less powerful than them. See beyond their lust into the reality of life.

From what I understand, Paul Gauguin didn't have to repress much, although I could be wrong. I think that it is more about appealing to the repressed sexual desires of the viewing public. Repressed lust is a part of the reality of life.

rokendearp
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jan 2014, 7:16 pm

I hope not, but just in case.

<--------creeps off.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:31 pm

Ringo Starr also likes 16-year-old girls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upytFIvcMJY[/youtube]

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
Quote:

Most of us are able to repress the desire, which may be lurking deep within the male psyche, and which manifests itself, innocently, in music and art.

Paul Gauguin liked teenaged girls, and painted them.

He gave us a rather idealized, if not quite accurate, view of Polynesia. I think that his paintings appeal more to men than to women.

Gauguin was a snake oil salesman he sold fantasies of an a Polynesia which was far enough away from "civilization" and its sexually repressed culture which longed for his imagined lands of sexual freedom. i prefer his less satirical works

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm

And, for the ephebophiles, it is no accident that a lot of the manufactured talent in the music industry does consist of teenaged girls.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyLE48i4XY0[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqjN0ukUCwU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd6fuPQ-294[/youtube]

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:44 pm

ArrantPariah wrote:
puddingmouse wrote:

From what I understand, Paul Gauguin didn't have to repress much, although I could be wrong. I think that it is more about appealing to the repressed sexual desires of the viewing public. Repressed lust is a part of the reality of life.

The way that kind of lust presents itself is mostly wishful-thinking and projections onto the lust object, rather than engaging with the other person for who they are. So it's not reality.

Whenever I see it, I feel like saying 'stop dreaming, wake up and realise we're as human as you are.' Men can write and paint sex interestingly, for me, only when they realise that fact.

It's not so much that it's teenage girls being lusted over that bothers me, it's that it's an unrealistic projection of who they are that bothers me more. It's always 2-dimensional lust, not understanding or love - which it can't be because the relationship is too unequal for that.

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

salamandaqwerty wrote:
Gauguin was a snake oil salesman he sold fantasies of an a Polynesia which was far enough away from "civilization" and its sexually repressed culture which longed for his imagined lands of sexual freedom. i prefer his less satirical works

Oh, don't try and tell me that you don't enjoy looking at pictures of naked girls. :wink:

But, yes, anyone who has been to Polynesia can tell you that his works there were pure satire. But, he sure knew what it took to sell paintings.

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 8:02 pm

i meant he was being satirical by revealing the sexual repression that existed at that time in history by presenting it with a warped mirror of its desires. and no i bloody don't like looking at naked girls i do however love to look at naked women and men for that matter :P

ArrantPariah
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 8:05 pm

puddingmouse wrote:
The way that kind of lust presents itself is mostly wishful-thinking and projections onto the lust object, rather than engaging with the other person for who they are. So it's not reality.

Of course it's not reality. It's a painting.

puddingmouse wrote:
Whenever I see it, I feel like saying 'stop dreaming, wake up and realise we're as human as you are.' Men can write and paint sex interestingly, for me, only when they realise that fact.

It's not so much that it's teenage girls being lusted over that bothers me, it's that it's an unrealistic projection of who they are that bothers me more. It's always 2-dimensional lust, not understanding or love - which it can't be because the relationship is too unequal for that.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ARNKAz ... ows&f=true

Richard Mason wrote:
The creative impulse had its roots in sexuality, and it was no more chance that I enjoyed painting Malay women than other artists enjoyed painting nudes. (For any painter who claimed that the female body only interested him as "abstract form" was talking rubbish--he might as well paint pillows). They aroused in me feelings which, denied direct expression, had found expression in another form, and gave to my pictures whatever merit they might possess; such feelings as Stella had never aroused. And, of course, she had known it. "If he paints Malay women and not me, he can't love me", had been her instinctive reaction, and I had thought the argument unsubtle, only proving her abysmal ignorance of the higher motives of art. But of course she had been right. I had never loved her--never for a moment.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 8:15 pm

^ f**k my life.

What I was trying to say is that men's art about sexuality is more interesting when they try to see a different point of view than their own. But you always seem to think they're all incapable of that. If you're right, I'll become a lesbian separatist. My experience hasn't proven you right so far, but you still manage to make me paranoid about whether men are worth bothering with. Do you enjoy doing that, or something?

salamandaqwerty
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2014, 8:28 pm

it is incredibly easy to find snippets of information on the web to justify whatever you like. i bet it took him 2mins to find that just to reinforce his beliefs. dont take it to heart uddingmouse i really enjoy your posts and think you have a lot of knowledge and insight that goes over the heads of many here