Similarities between Dread Pirate Roberts and Barack Obama..

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 1:40 pm

...and notable differences.

1. The Dread Pirate is alleged to have ordered the assassination of individuals. Barack Obama is confirmed to have done so.
2. Both had the organisations of which they're the heads of shut down by the government within hours of each other.
3. Barack Obama blames other people for his organisation being shut down. Other people are to blame for the shutting down of Silk Road.
4. Both are very unpopular with a lot of Americans.

Add more below.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 1:44 pm

Magneto wrote:
3. Barack Obama blames other people for his organisation being shut down. Other people are to blame for the shutting down of Silk Road.
Add more below.

There can always be the blame for other people. Silk road it was DPR fault. He ordered a hit on someone, along with being lax about his internet footprint.

Obama is blaming the republicans. When in (american but in general) politics is not the other sides fault? (I do think it's the republicans fault for the shutdown, regardless of if they liked Obamacare or not)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 2:05 pm

Differences: One of them is being held accountable for his crimes.

Shatbat
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 2:16 pm

Pardon my ignorance, is that a Princess Bride reference I am not getting, or is there another Dread Pirate Roberts I am not aware of?

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 2:29 pm

Shatbat wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, is that a Princess Bride reference I am not getting, or is there another Dread Pirate Roberts I am not aware of?

Right to think that, but he is, well was, the current owner of the silk road.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 2:31 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Differences: One of them is being held accountable for his crimes.
So what crime(s) did Obama commit that Bush would not be at fault for also?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 3:41 pm

still, on the plus side you could've ended up with Romney. You dodged a bullet there.

My deviant art profile

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 3:47 pm

Delphiki wrote:

I'm pretty sure Bush didn't telepathically force Obama to attack Libya in violation of international law, to name but one. Let's not forget those extrajudicial assassinations that he assures us are legal, but has classified the rationale behind either.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 3:55 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

I'm pretty sure Bush didn't telepathically force Obama to attack Libya in violation of international law, to name but one. Let's not forget those extrajudicial assassinations that he assures us are legal, but has classified the rationale behind either.

I agree completely. History will not look kindly upon Obama for ordering the assassination of Osama Bin Laden.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 4:05 pm

GGPViper wrote:
I agree completely. History will not look kindly upon Obama for ordering the assassination of Osama Bin Laden.

Bin Laden was more akin to someone killed while resisting arrest, I'm thinking more along the lines of Anwar al-Awlaki and his teenaged son, but you already knew that.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 4:28 pm

Dox47 wrote:
GGPViper wrote:

Bin Laden was more akin to someone killed while resisting arrest, I'm thinking more along the lines of Anwar al-Awlaki and his teenaged son, but you already knew that.

I agree completely. History will not look kindly upon Obama for ordering the assassination of Anwar al-Awlaki.

And I'm sure the death of al-Awlaki's son (last time I checked, he is 1 out of 4 Americans killed by the US drone program) will overshadow the countless civilians killed in the wars started by George W. Bush.

Delphiki
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 5:38 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

Lol because that's clearly what I meant.

But from this I saw that Obama and Bush have multiple reasons for why people think they should be impeached. Surprised Obama's list wasn't longer.

zacb
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 8:18 pm

I agree. It reminds me of Murray Rothbard's comparison between a gang and a government. At least there was honor among thieves, unlike the government. Perhaps we could learn from this situation, and prove the point we need private courts for these issues, so people do not take justice into their own hand.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Oct 2013, 9:47 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Delphiki wrote:

Why are you slitting your own throat, and proving Delphiki right by mentioning Libya?

Maybe you didnt understand his question.

He asked "what crimes did obama commit that bush did NOT ALSO COMMIT?"

Not "How did Obama repeat the SAME crimes of Bush?"

Understand now?

Did you ever hear of a place called "Iraq"?

Attacking a foriegn country under the guise of regime change is an example of what Delphiki is talking about- Obama repeating Bush's crimes (foriegn agression under the guise of liberation). Both used chicanery and trickery to get around international law.

The main difference between the overtrhow of Khaddaffi, and that of Hussein was that that of Saddam Hussien required american boots on the ground and american blood. Obama got rid of khaddaffi by letting the locals do the heavy lifting and most of the dying.

So...are you suggesting that obama be impeached for not getting ENOUGH american soldiers killed? That its better have americans die than locals? Because that about the only real difference between his and bush's inteventionist foriegn policies.