Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

23 Nov 2013, 10:17 pm

This man jinxed his fave Canadian Football League team the Toronto Argonauts last week when they went up against their rival, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats. Toronto built up 24-17 halftime lead, and then once Rob showed up @ Rogers Centre, there went the lead and the Argos hopes of a Grey Cup title defense, and the Argos fell to the Ti-Cats 36-24, with the Argos being kept off the scoreboard in the entire second half.

Even after CFL commish Mark Cohon warned him NOT to show up to the game, he flouted that warning and did anyway. Wow. Given what Rob Ford has done lately, he reminds me of a cross between Chris Farley (looks) and Charlie Sheen (behavior).

Some other things: He even mispronounced the Hamilton mayor's name (just for the record, Hamilton's mayor is Bob Bratina) "Bob Britannia". The nerve!

Oh, and I leave you this funny image:

I get this feeling, somewhere in Hamilton, Bob Bratina and all of the Tiger-Cats fans are laughing evilly......

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

spergl
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2013, 11:04 pm

Rob Ford is a joke to everyone in downtown Toronto, it's the people in the suburbs who voted him in, and keep his ratings high no matter what. I personally don't care too much, despite living around Toronto, I think he's kindof funny in a sad way.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2013, 8:39 pm

spergl wrote:
Rob Ford is a joke to everyone in downtown Toronto, it's the people in the suburbs who voted him in, and keep his ratings high no matter what. I personally don't care too much, despite living around Toronto, I think he's kindof funny in a sad way.

Rob Ford would get his butt kicked next election. Btw, they combined York and East York for polling (Rob has 30% support in a prospective election in York/East York), but it's likely that York is driving the number up - Rob likely ain't popular in the more urban East York).

http://www.threehundredeight.com/2013/1 ... -ford.html

He's currently as popular in Etobicoke as he is in Old Toronto.

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2014, 2:27 pm

Oh, this is TOO good. :P

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford runs for re-election
BBC, 2 January 2014

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford, who admitted to once smoking crack cocaine while in a "drunken stupor", has filed re-election papers.

Putting his name on the ballot to run for another term, Mr Ford revealed his new campaign slogan: "Ford more years".

"I've got the strongest track record," he told journalists. "I've been the best mayor this city has ever had."

He is the sole candidate so far for the 27 October municipal election, but rivals are expected to challenge him.

(Read more...)

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)