Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 2:18 pm

Is it me or does PPR seem like the 4chan of WP? [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NNMHxqJp6A[/youtube]I might be just me though Desu!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

staremaster
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2013, 11:33 pm

The 4chan of WP? Kind of an oxymoron, don't you think?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 5:10 am

Well..this is the internet..and people are not nearly as kind to each other..when they don't have to confront them face to face..for the simple reason they might get beat up or shot if they purposely attempt to offend someone...

And yes..there are many weak looking beta males from what I have seen from the pictures on this site of the participants...

Most likely some of them were bullied by alpha males throughout their life..and the faceless avatar gives them the perfect opportunity to bully others without any real life repercussions...

Mostly here it is attempts at intellectual bullying..against people viewed as having not quite the Queen's English style of writing..or daring to view the world out of the box...when it comes to religion..philosophy..or even politics at times...

Well..I was a scrawny male.. and yeah I graduated 11 out of a class of 380 so I know what it is like to have the best intellectual skills and to basically be a wimp..making it harder to get by in the real world..as in the real world...it is still mostly the alpha males that rule...that's the law of the jungle..and it will always be the law of the jungle...

Well.. now at 53 I am about 6ft and 222LBS of muscle..and look more like a super hero than a wimp...

It is pretty amusing to me when the 'intellectual giants' here try to bully me with attempts at intellectual bullying...as I have three college degrees..a long career with the government..have withstood one of the most severe group of health problems known to man.. and am still literally as physically strong as a super hero too...

It's all a fact documented on my flickr feed too..in over 12K pictures..if anyone doubts my words here..2...

I am autistic..but the thing is...I have always been a survivor..not a victim...so I have no need to bully others to prove I am a man or a human being to anyone..

And it's just amusing as hell to me ...that the worst bullies can be those who are bullied by others..

And yeah..extremely sad too...

It's the great thing about the real Christianity as taught by the real historical dude Jesus...

It was always about not personally judging other people...never rejecting anyone...losing illusory fears...light and love and none of this ridiculous hate stuff that does nothing but make a black hole sun soul for the people who practice hate and darkness as their true religion...

Well you see....if one wills..or if one can...

Love and Light.. Musick.. Poetry..and Movement ...is my only true religion...

And that religion equals what I understand as this thing called Christ...

And nah..not a flesh and blood human being that died on a cross....

A way of life promoted by just another person who loved life and all people...

Called Jesus..who was willing to die...

For what he believed...

That could really make life better for others...

And yeah...

He was right...

There is no question about that...

For those who live and are love and light verses..the 4 channel types..who live and are hate and darkness...

It's pretty simple to understand ....

For those people who are truly enlightened....

But for those who walk in darkness..

It is simply dark...

That is all...

Love and Light is simply bliss..

That is all too..but harder to find

For those who are..
Lost....

But I try..itry i cry...but not not with tears..with passion...
to help people understand...
this bliss..

Truly exists....
As I AM THERE ALWAYS
NOW.

4 channel is simply another name for hell..

For those who practice 4 channel ways.....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 8:33 am

PPR isn't short in supply of radical debate, but I wouldn't go as far as comparing it to 4chan.
Communicating only through Youtube videos on the other hand is akin to 4chan debate. A picture or video might say a thousand words but usually political debate requires some actual words, too.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:00 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
PPR isn't short in supply of radical debate, but I wouldn't go as far as comparing it to 4chan.
Communicating only through Youtube videos on the other hand is akin to 4chan debate. A picture or video might say a thousand words but usually political debate requires some actual words, too.

Well this is a site for people on the spectrum..and some people communicate better with visual images than words..

I have no problem seeing Aspieotaku's points from their videos...

In fact they are better made.. objectively speaking and comparatively speaking.. than some of the words only folks that visit this site...

It is just another method of communication...

We all adapt in life the best we can...

And I value this person's comments as much as yours..no matter the vehicle or vessel for the communication...

But that comes with age and wisdom friend..perhaps you'll agree one day too..if not now...

And no an Autistic person communicating with videos..has absolutely nothing to do with the mean spirited element that is 4 channel..

That simply wants to trash folks for fun...Bullying for real pansies in life is all that is...

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:50 am

aghogday wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

Well this is a site for people on the spectrum..and some people communicate better with visual images than words..

In fact they are better made.. objectively speaking and comparatively speaking.. than some of the words only folks that visit this site...

And I value this person's comments as much as yours..no matter the vehicle or vessel for the communication...

But that comes with age and wisdom friend..perhaps you'll agree one day too..if not now...

And no an Autistic person communicating with videos..has absolutely nothing to do with the mean spirited element that is 4 channel..

That simply wants to trash folks for fun...Bullying for real pansies in life is all that is...

That's understandable. It's hard for us to always get across our point and if a video or speech exists that does exactly that, why not use that instead? Sound enough logic.
However you've got to look at the substance of the videos when taking into account the discussion or debate at hand. Of course, funny vids break the tension up a bit and make for good comic relief. I wouldn't have AspieOtaku any other way :D but if on a discussion all one can do is post funny, unrelated vids then suggest it is the people actually debating that are like 4channers, well.... :roll:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 11:04 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
aghogday wrote:
JanuaryMan wrote:

That's understandable. It's hard for us to always get across our point and if a video or speech exists that does exactly that, why not use that instead? Sound enough logic.
However you've got to look at the substance of the videos when taking into account the discussion or debate at hand. Of course, funny vids break the tension up a bit and make for good comic relief. I wouldn't have AspieOtaku any other way :D but if on a discussion all one can do is post funny, unrelated vids then suggest it is the people actually debating that are like 4channers, well.... :roll:

I would disagree simply because they are hoping as human beings to make some kind of social interaction with other human beings..if only all they can do is present a funny video to get that social interaction or attention...

This is what social animals do..and quite frankly without it they can seriously die...

Now if someone comes in just to make fun of other people with these videos that is 4 channel territory in my opinion...

Main problem with the PPR section is people do not take enough consideration for folks with different communication styles..

I am capable of writing in perfect English and did it as part of my living for decades..

I've been using a form of free verse poetry..for people who are interested in that type of thing...and people have attempted to personally attack me with comments like I have schizophrenia...I am incapable of coherent thought..and ridiculous stuff like this...just because they are afraid of something different..

This site is a frigging site for people with a reciprocal social communication disorder..these folks cannot touch me...I have gone through and made it through the other side of adversity that most people cannot possibly imagine..and yes I can prove that..as the disorder I had was the most painful one known to mankind...chronic trigeminal neuralgia..for 60 months...

But here is the thing if I was not strong like a rock..I have the empathy from being bullied as a scrawny 13 year old boy in middle school for being weak..and basically told I don't deserve to live...people who are supposedly autistic do that to other autistic people every day in this section..and get away with it...as obviously no moderator can tame the nuances of the Lord of the flies...

But that is what it is like in some cases..the Lord of the flies..

But the Reddit site..is 10 times worse...

The problem with society..is the internet..is fostering the idea that empathy is not important for the fellow man...

That only leads to the breakdown of civilized society..or even the basic social animal structure...

Well I do not have to be part of it..but it just interests me and I observe it..that is all..

When I was disabled there was really no choice but to communicate here and find something to debate about simply to avoid committing suicide from a type of pain that most people can only imagine when they sit in a dentist chair without novocaine...

Anyway it's nice to have a civilized comment in response to something I say on this forum Janurary Man and I appreciate it..

It seriously is a lot like 4 channel now..as it is mostly personal attacks now..for people who think differently as far as I can see...

It wasn't like that a year ago..not at all..

But it is what the people who practice hate want..hate can be contagious just like love...but love is stronger in the long run..always...

I find other places with love all the time in real life..now that I am not disabled ..thank god...

But I still hope I can help people here in someway..to get out of that vicious cycle....

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 11:09 am

Thanks ahog for the eloquent response. You make a lot of sense.
I'll admit I have differences with the suggestion made by the OP if not simply because of the irony in it.
My intention was never to attack the person, just the idea based on what was contained in the OP.
Oh, and Reddit is most definitely a proving ground. It's not vile in the same way 4chan is but it's definitely a cruel place at times.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 11:17 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
I'll admit I have differences with the suggestion made by the OP if not simply because of the irony in it.
My intention was never to attack the person, just the idea based on what was contained in the OP.
Oh, and Reddit is most definitely a proving ground. It's not vile in the same way 4chan is but it's definitely a cruel place at times.

Yes..I agree January Man..thanks..

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 7:17 pm

A lot of internet tough guys are a-holes in real life as well. In real life, though, they're not protected by their anonymity and will get their asses kicked if they resort to personal attacks against anyone who disagrees with them.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:01 pm

As close as we can get where every discussion becomes intellectual discourse.

Not two points of view, but hot topics may have six or more.

4chan lacks that range, and a literate response.

Several people, parents driven into the belly of the beast to learn something of autism, to help their child, have said WP is the most civil and helpful site on the internet.

PPR are the unproveables, so all we can learn is the range of beliefs.

I like the discussion on Science and Technology, which is connected to something, material, even if we do not know how, and make up silly things like string theory.

PPR is debate about things that cannot be measured or tested.

I think it needs work.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:05 pm

The string theory is far from silly if you understand it. With that being said, we can't be 100% sure it's true either.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:25 pm

Faith based science belongs in PPR. I would settle for any evidence, that something is happening.

I doubt we have anything on 99% of reality. I like what we do have, drop something it falls, these things are useful.

I agree Red Shift happens, but disagree about the reason.

That is close enough for Science, but PPR lacks any agreed evidence.

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 10:33 pm

Inventor wrote:
Faith based science belongs in PPR. I would settle for any evidence, that something is happening.

I doubt we have anything on 99% of reality. I like what we do have, drop something it falls, these things are useful.

While we can't prove it directly, we can show that it's theoretically possible. The theory is incomplete, though, but we will definetely have more answers in a few years.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/t ... heory.html

Please be aware of the fact that something can be plausible just because it can't be proven directly; you have to weigh it against the alternatives by applying Occam's Razor.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 10:52 am

JanuaryMan wrote:
4chan is tame compared to Encyclopedia drammatica but yeah it does get vile and very flamewarsy as well. They even have a pollitically incorrect section as well.

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

01 Nov 2013, 10:28 pm

Kurgan wrote:
Inventor wrote:

While we can't prove it directly, we can show that it's theoretically possible. The theory is incomplete, though, but we will definetely have more answers in a few years.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/t ... heory.html

Please be aware of the fact that something can be plausible just because it can't be proven directly; you have to weigh it against the alternatives by applying Occam's Razor.

I see it like Mathematics. Most of what we know can be reduced to a calculation. It seems great, but does not explain all those other math answers, for which we have no data. Is there something there?

So the math is there for many points that are voids.

By Occam's Razor, the simplest answer is there is nothing there.

A Theory+Math, there is still no data to support it not being a void.

Why I disagree with Red Shift, as far as it calls for the Universe flying apart at near the speed of light, yet having no effect on the Gravity that holds things together. The Milky Way is not flinging bits off on the outer rim. An expanding Universe would have a declining Gravity, and we can see back for billions of years. No evidence yet.

My Math says, Newtons and Teslas are rare, unemployed people with advanced degrees are common,