United States Fails To Show For Drone Hearing

Page 1 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 9:44 am

This is more than deplorable. You should not be willing to make harsh decisions that can affect human beings adversely if you don't have the guts to look them in the eyes.

http://www.popularresistance.org/congre ... e-hearing/

My deviant art profile

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 9:56 am

Oh, sod off already!

We all know that you hate America and Israel, so why don't you find something else to obsess about?

The United States of America is not beholden to any third-rate leftist rag or third-world country, and it is certainly not beholden to you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 12:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
Oh, sod off already!

We all know that you hate America and Israel, so why don't you find something else to obsess about?

The United States of America is not beholden to any third-rate leftist rag or third-world country, and it is certainly not beholden to you.

No you sod off, I won't be silenced.

If any other country had performed similar murders in the USA you wouldn't hear the end of it. Not only that, it would be used as a pretext to start a false flag war in which the recipients are told to shut up and be grateful for having 'freedumb' installed.

If a foreign country flew a drone over my house and killed my relatives, I'd be hungry for justice and closure too.

Though I suppose nobody bothers to show up when life unworthy of life is extinguished, huh? Its easy to divorce yourself from the reality of witnessing a relative being mutilated and bleeding to death through the haze of a infra red screen when you're sitting in a darkened room, 10 thousand miles away fiddling with a joystick.

If you defend America on this one (ie their failure to attend) you are a despicable cretin beneath contempt.

My deviant art profile

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 12:37 pm

Getting 5 members of Congress to sit in on a hearing scheduled during a congressional recess is pretty damned impressive. Also unfortunate scheduling for the hearing.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

31 Oct 2013, 12:55 pm

It is disgusting how these politicians use dead children to push their own ideology in trying to get guns banned while at the same time not being bother at all at the thousands and thousands of innocent children they have murdered with the terror bombings from the sky.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 2:16 pm

sliqua-jcooter wrote:
Getting 5 members of Congress to sit in on a hearing scheduled during a congressional recess is pretty damned impressive. Also unfortunate scheduling for the hearing.

Sounds like weak excuses to me. If America was serious about making even an iota of difference to heal relations with the islamic world, they'd have made the effort to send one government representative to this at least.

My deviant art profile

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 2:20 pm

When did the US declare war on Pakistan? 8O

Arran
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

31 Oct 2013, 2:25 pm

Fnord wrote:

The United States is a throughly arrogant nation and a law unto itself. It is a bad global citizen. This is coming from a Nationalist who is boycotting American electronic products. The time is long overdue for the rest of the world to form an alliance of self governing independent states to gang up against the US and sanction it like the US is sanctioning Iran.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 2:30 pm

Arran wrote:
Fnord wrote:
The United States is a throughly arrogant nation and a law unto itself. It is a bad global citizen. This is coming from a Nationalist who is boycotting American electronic products. The time is long overdue for the rest of the world to form an alliance of self governing independent states to gang up against the US and sanction it like the US is sanctioning Iran.

It's called the "United Nations".

Good luck with your boycott, though ... life without the American-made Internet and the American-made electronic technology that supports it will be a real bummer for you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 3:23 pm

Arran wrote:
This is coming from a Nationalist who is boycotting American electronic products

jcooter@dogpound> whois wrongplanet.net
[whois.godaddy.com]
Domain Name: WRONGPLANET.NET
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-06-17 05:05:38
Creation Date: 2004-06-16 22:19:44
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-06-16 22:19:44
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Alex Plank
Registrant Organization: WrongPlanet.net
Registrant Street: 2009 Bobwhite Court
Registrant City: Charlottesville
Registrant State/Province: Virginia
Registrant Postal Code: 22901
Registrant Country: United States
Name Server: AUTH10.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH11.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH12.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH13.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH14.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH15.SLIQUA.COM

jcooter@dogpound> host wrongplanet.net
wrongplanet.net has address 67.217.166.186

https://dazzlepod.com/ip/67.217.166.186/

I anxiously await your request for account deletion in protest.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 3:50 pm

Fnord wrote:
Arran wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Good luck with your boycott, though ... life without the American-made Internet and the American-made electronic technology that supports it will be a real bummer for you.

Don't forget the American-made World Wide Web and the American who laid the foundations for modern computing, Alan Turin.

America's bad, but then again, all states are. Pakistan certainly is (what about the innocent Pakistanis they kill?). It's just that the US *claims* to be better than the others.

The only solution is to boycott the state. Good luck with building drones when no-one is paying their taxes, America.

Meanwhile, the Pakistani government needs to stop giving the US access to their airspace (or is it Afghanistan?), and declare that any further intrusion will be counted as an act of war. As long as they get a firm promise of help from Russia and other powers, then this silliness should stop quickly. I don't think even the American government is stupid enough to try fighting a war without any allies.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

31 Oct 2013, 4:10 pm

Fnord wrote:
Arran wrote:

Generally, the point of a boycott is to starve a group of funds.

It is possible to use the Internet without giving a penny to Americans.

What exactly one lone nationalist hopes to achieve by this is beyond me.
sliqua-jcooter wrote:
Arran wrote:
This is coming from a Nationalist who is boycotting American electronic products

jcooter@dogpound> whois wrongplanet.net
[whois.godaddy.com]
Domain Name: WRONGPLANET.NET
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2013-06-17 05:05:38
Creation Date: 2004-06-16 22:19:44
Registrar Expiration Date: 2014-06-16 22:19:44
Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Registrant Name: Alex Plank
Registrant Organization: WrongPlanet.net
Registrant Street: 2009 Bobwhite Court
Registrant City: Charlottesville
Registrant State/Province: Virginia
Registrant Postal Code: 22901
Registrant Country: United States
Name Server: AUTH10.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH11.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH12.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH13.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH14.SLIQUA.COM
Name Server: AUTH15.SLIQUA.COM

jcooter@dogpound> host wrongplanet.net
wrongplanet.net has address 67.217.166.186

https://dazzlepod.com/ip/67.217.166.186/

I anxiously await your request for account deletion in protest.

I am sure you are aware that users can browse WP without paying for their usage, let alone making WP a profit. He might make you some money (I don't really know how these things work), but there will be no net flow of money into the US.

Magneto wrote:
Don't forget the American-made World Wide Web

The World Wide Web, web browsers and websites were invented in France, principally by a British man, Tim Berners-Lee. No web without the internet, true, but the web is not an American invention.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 4:21 pm

this is the one thread i didn't want to see distracted by petty personal politics. I'm disappointed in the culprits.

My deviant art profile

sliqua-jcooter
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 4:23 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
I am sure you are aware that users can browse WP without paying for their usage, let alone making WP a profit. He might make you some money (I don't really know how these things work), but there will be no net flow of money into the US.

Not true. WP is entirely funded by ad-revenue generated, in no small part, by the content of the website, as well as the user demographics of the website. Even if you block ads from displaying, you make Alex money just by virtue of being a member. And Alex certainly pays me and my company for our services.

Magneto wrote:
The World Wide Web, web browsers and websites were invented in France, principally by a British man, Tim Berners-Lee. No web without the internet, true, but the web is not an American invention.

That's extremely pedantic, and you know it. The Internet, as a whole, was literally funded by the same organization (the US DoD) that we are talking about in this thread. TBL created the initial HTTP specification - but that's entirely irrelevant at this time. 90% of global Internet traffic travels through the US - even traffic that is EU to EU goes through the US.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 4:45 pm

...which is a great shame and mistake, as we all now know.

But I was joking. Which ought to have been obvious when I called Alan Turing an American.

As far as the drone issue goes, it's a matter for the country being invaded to sort out.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

31 Oct 2013, 6:10 pm

Magneto wrote:

As far as the drone issue goes, it's a matter for the country being invaded to sort out.

Are you implying Pakistan should declare war on the USA?

My deviant art profile