Page 7 of 7 [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 10:22 am

In New York State, it's totally legal!

I was shocked when I found that out!

When I was about ten, I had a little crush on a girl who was my third cousin. Even at age 10, I was concerned about the family relationship.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 2:55 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
In New York State, it's totally legal!

I was shocked when I found that out!

When I was about ten, I had a little crush on a girl who was my third cousin. Even at age 10, I was concerned about the family relationship.

If we were to look back in our family trees, we'd all probably find plenty of first cousin marriages.
Edgar Allen Poe had married his first cousin, which was not at all out of the ordinary at the time, and the famous gunfighter Doc Holiday had had a romance with his first cousin.

probly.an.aspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2016, 10:10 pm

I grew up in a close knit family and a lot of my cousins were--and are--almost as close as siblings. When we were children, we saw each other a lot, did stuff together, were back and forth at each other's houses. As adults, a lot of us are still close although we don't see each other as much.

Personally, i couldn't even think about my first cousins as marriage material--they were more like my brothers. It would have felt too weird to even think about marrying them. I love them dearly, but not in that way.

and his pride won't let him
do things to make you think he's right."
-Ed Bruce