Page 6 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 2:48 pm

I apologize for being cynical then... I have known that part for years (I stumbled across the word in my studies and remembered it...)

It has always bugged me that the old testament god and the new testament god seem to be two different people...

I seriously recommend this book
LINK

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 3:19 pm

Someone put up a billboard of that interpretation recently. Obviously some other Christians don't agree with the view. And clearly Paul didn't approve of homosexuality.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 3:38 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbTmBR0lMdw[/youtube]

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 4:12 pm

simon_says wrote:
Someone put up a billboard of that interpretation recently. Obviously some other Christians don't agree with the view. And clearly Paul didn't approve of homosexuality.

And? Who cares if one of his followers approved of it? If you are following a religion based on the teachings of one man... you should only care what he has to say about it... So screw paul's opinion... And the other christian's opinion of it. (Also, Paul never met jesus, so how much information can he have on jesus' opnion???)

Simply put... if jesus had a problem with it... he would have jumped at that moment and not blessed a homosexual union...

Any interpretation that differs is when Christians try to redefine the word pais... they are doing so ignorantly or applying revisionist practices to language which was not at all ambiguous... Christians may differ on it... but scholars that study that time period, do not.

Last edited by Feralucce on 25 Mar 2014, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 4:18 pm

It's a mystery why anyone cares about Paul. I'm not sure the other Apostles even knew.

Quote:
Simply put... if jesus had a problem with it... he would have jumped at that moment and not blessed a homosexual union...

My point was that some do not agree with the translation. I have no opinion on what the word means myself but there is apparently some disagreement.

Last edited by simon_says on 25 Mar 2014, 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 4:24 pm

simon_says wrote:
It's a mystery why anyone cares about Paul. I'm not sure the other Apostles even knew.

Take a look at the book I recommended... Peter hated paul... and the Pauline Gospels are some of the most vitriolic and hate fulled books... and they made it into the bible because it worked for the founding fathers at the time...

simon_says
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 4:27 pm

Ive considered that book before. I just bought the new Ehrman book instead. I think I'll be done with the subject for awhile after that.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2014, 10:07 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 2:45 am

Just when I thought WBC wouldn't be returning they are going to do a protest/picket a few blocks from my home on April 5th over this sign:

It's an ad for a liquor store in case you are wondering and they are going to picket the liquor store.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 3:27 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Just when I thought WBC wouldn't be returning they are going to do a protest/picket a few blocks from my home on April 5th over this sign:

It's an ad for a liquor store in case you are wondering and they are going to picket the liquor store.

Goes to show you, even grief can't stop hate for long. :roll:

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 3:48 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

The man who owns the liquor store wondered if he should even put that up but this group has hit OK with so much hate over the years he said he wanted to celebrate a little bit of hatred leaving the world so he went ahead.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 4:12 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

The man who owns the liquor store wondered if he should even put that up but this group has hit OK with so much hate over the years he said he wanted to celebrate a little bit of hatred leaving the world so he went ahead.

Good for the liquor store owner.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 9:10 am

I think it will be good for his business,most people can't stand the westies.I'd love to cross that picket line and buy some beer,I'm sure others are thinking the same thing.I hope the owner has record sales that day.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 12:20 pm

Misslizard wrote:
I think it will be good for his business,most people can't stand the westies.I'd love to cross that picket line and buy some beer,I'm sure others are thinking the same thing.I hope the owner has record sales that day.

Read this:

https://www.facebook.com/LiquorMoore

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 12:52 pm

^ :D Awesome.I wish I was rich enough to rent a bus,hire a driver, and then collect a bunch of people to ride there and buy booze.Everyone would have to be dressed VERY flamboyant and colorful.It would be a hoot and a half.Sometimes money would be fun to have.We would pick you up on the way. :D

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2014, 1:23 pm

Misslizard wrote:
^ :D Awesome.I wish I was rich enough to rent a bus,hire a driver, and then collect a bunch of people to ride there and buy booze.Everyone would have to be dressed VERY flamboyant and colorful.It would be a hoot and a half.Sometimes money would be fun to have.We would pick you up on the way. :D

Just bring all your drag queens :lol:

Btw I live within walking distance of the liquor store.