Page 2 of 9 [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 11:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear that.

My sympathies to his family.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 11:21 pm

That seems to be the most unChristlike church in existence :s

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2014, 11:34 pm

I kind of feel sad for him...

I talked about it on my blog, even

Link 1
Link 2

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:01 am

Maybe hell have protestors at his funeral see how the phelps like it! He was full of hate, he was intolerant of anything representing love as well as other cultures! He had it coming and karma caught up with him I am sorry I sound like a heartless as*hole but this guy was nothing but hateful he was like Hitler! His death might be a blessing to the rest of the world in hopes the Westboro Baptist Church change their ways in the world and not spew and preach hatred!

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:05 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:07 am

Well, perhaps the greatest revenge the world can have on Fred Phelps is to just move on and forget all about his hate filled tirades and protests. He's dead and in the ground now, and we can all forget he had ever been.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:18 am

AspieOtaku wrote:
Maybe hell have protestors at his funeral see how the phelps like it! He was full of hate, he was intolerant of anything representing love as well as other cultures! He had it coming and karma caught up with him I am sorry I sound like a heartless as*hole but this guy was nothing but hateful he was like Hitler! His death might be a blessing to the rest of the world in hopes the Westboro Baptist Church change their ways in the world and not spew and preach hatred!

I disagree... there are tweets from his grand daughter that state he was actually kind...

Quote:
I'm so sorry for the harm he caused. That we all caused. But he could be so kind and wonderful. I wish you all could have seen that, too.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 1:47 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhekTRrvGrI

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 3:24 am

Phelps was guilty of one thing, believing in the bible as the literal true word of god, no ifs buts or maybes. To be honest as much as I disliked the man he had more principles than the literal believers who 'cherry pick' around the most obnoxious teachings in the book and try to present these teachings eg stoning (one such, the Op recently tried to tell me that god, "it was important to understand", had never condoned the practice, read your bible MovieFan) as somehow an aberration. At least he had the courage of his convictions to accept His book at face value. Rightfully he poured scorn on those who wimped out, who cherry pick. DOnt get me wrong, he was a monumental f**kwit but at least he was an honest one.

I can only hope not one single protester turns up for his burial, as this would be the greatest affront a knowledgeable society could deliver to him and his family.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 3:54 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
Phelps was guilty of one thing, believing in the bible as the literal true word of god, no ifs buts or maybes. To be honest as much as I disliked the man he had more principles than the literal believers who 'cherry pick' around the most obnoxious teachings in the book and try to present these teachings eg stoning (one such, the Op recently tried to tell me that god, "it was important to understand", had never condoned the practice, read your bible MovieFan) as somehow an aberration. At least he had the courage of his convictions to accept His book at face value. Rightfully he poured scorn on those who wimped out, who cherry pick. DOnt get me wrong, he was a monumental f**** but at least he was an honest one.

I can only hope not one single protester turns up for his burial, as this would be the greatest affront a knowledgeable society could deliver to him and his family.

No, he wasn't honest, and he didn't have the courage of his convictions. He used Judaic law from the OT to justify his hatred. If he took the Bible literally, he would have practiced Christ's call to love his neighbor as himself.

Feralucce
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 6:09 am

and on that note...I'm out of this conversation

Kurgan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 8:43 am

Hope people have gay sex on his grave.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 9:27 am

^^^And on the tombstone.

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 9:55 am

AspieOtaku wrote:

You don't need to be sorry.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 10:28 am

I am completely indifferent to all this, beyond writing this post, that is.

TheGoggles
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2014, 10:38 am

Feralucce wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:

I disagree... there are tweets from his grand daughter that state he was actually kind...

Quote:
I'm so sorry for the harm he caused. That we all caused. But he could be so kind and wonderful. I wish you all could have seen that, too.

I read the account from his son who managed to escape the church, and he said that Phelps was an abusive alcoholic.