Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2014, 11:48 pm

Does it exist? Is it the science behind omniscience?

Ectryon
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 3:45 pm

I have no idea what it is and I probably could have used wikipedia to find out instead of typing this but meeeehhhhh

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:31 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

There is no science behind omniscience. Omniscience is a concept of human invention that likely has no basis in reality.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:36 pm

God is hiding in the ætheric noodle soup.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:41 pm

Humanaut wrote:

Hello! Waiter! ... Sorry to be a bother, but there appears to be a Jehovah in my soup.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2014, 4:42 pm

Drown it with your noodle spoon.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

There are actually scientific terms like "Zero-point energy".

Con-artists take these terms and misappropriate them to junk science in order to sound credible.

Zero-point meditation is also an unrelated mental exercises which is simply to do with breathing and focusing on one point on of off the body. There is published research on this sort of mediation, which show it does affect brain activity (including perceptual dominance). It is not magical, it is simply a way of focusing that promotes certain brain activity.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

I actually did google it when this was first posted, and read about zero point energy on wiki. Very hard to comprehend concept in physics. The upshot being even empty space has minute fluctuations in energy- you never have zero energy- even out in the emptiest of space.

What that would have to do with a trait only a God would have: "omniscience"(ie being "all knowing") I have I NO idea. Nothing (besides a God) would have omniscience. So it doesnt exist (apart from God if he exists). So there cant be anything "behind" it to explain it. The two ideas are complete nonsequitars. Since I already browbeat Ana for not telling us what an "Archon" is I decided leave it someone else to ask her WTF she is talking about.

She might be confusing "omniscience" with "precognition", or something like that.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 4:26 pm

@naturalplastic I have encountered some scams to do with zero point energy that why I mentioned it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 8:43 pm

TallyMan wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

There is no science behind omniscience. Omniscience is a concept of human invention that likely has no basis in reality.

Tallyman-

Nothing has a basis in reality. It's all in your mind. It is a matter of how your CNS evolved to transmit whatever is there. That is how you see/hear/taste/smell it. It's purely subjective.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 9:28 pm

0_equals_true wrote:
@naturalplastic I have encountered some scams to do with zero point energy that why I mentioned it.

I get that.

I'm just saying lets take her question at face value, and just walk through it word by word to figure out what she could be talking about: and it turns out its like saying "is motorcycle repair the science behind Papal Infallibility". It makes absolutely no sense at all!

Were all still waiting for her to come in and clarify it for us.

[sounds of crickets chirping]

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 9:41 pm

Well, the zero point energy interacts with all subatomic matter so you could say that it is able to penetrate everything so what does it mean if you can gather info from this energy? Is it possible for your CNS to transmute it? Could it be an endless source of info permeating the universe if we can just figure out the code?

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 9:49 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Humanaut wrote:

Hello! Waiter! ... Sorry to be a bother, but there appears to be a Jehovah in my soup.

the etymology behind the word 'Jehovah' is pretty interesting to me.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2014, 9:52 pm

Science behind godlike abilities...I wonder if this zero point energy factors into the ability to figure things out...like advanced concepts?