Page 10 of 15 [ 226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 3:25 pm

Good- oh, fellas. Now we're getting a firm proposition of one of your beliefs that I can get my teeth into... so called "evolution", but, more specifically, Darwinism.

I will preface my remarks by noting that evolution does occur, but always and only in the direction of entropy.

The fashionable notion of Darwinist evolution is philosophically, physically, chemically, biologically, mathematically impossible. It contradicts all relevant, known Natural Laws and probabilities. It is a giant hoax designed to capture the imagination of giant egos connected to small minds.

Now let's have your flurry of indignation then we can get around to the relevant science and logic of it all.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 4:21 pm

Oldavid wrote:
Good- oh, fellas. Now we're getting a firm proposition of one of your beliefs that I can get my teeth into... so called "evolution", but, more specifically, Darwinism.

I will preface my remarks by noting that evolution does occur, but always and only in the direction of entropy.

The fashionable notion of Darwinist evolution is philosophically, physically, chemically, biologically, mathematically impossible. It contradicts all relevant, known Natural Laws and probabilities. It is a giant hoax designed to capture the imagination of giant egos connected to small minds.

Now let's have your flurry of indignation then we can get around to the relevant science and logic of it all.
ImageImageHere in these papers are the printouts of the genetic data and information from the fossil record that we are apes and have shared a common ancestor also the first hominid species arose from the great rift valley in Africa! Image

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 5:38 pm

Is it just me, or is Oldavid now debating with a comic strip in which he's been cast as the villain?

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 6:34 pm

Oldavid wrote:
giant egos connected to small minds

Good-oh. Have a nice debate with yourself.

:lol:

adifferentname wrote:
Is it just me, or is Oldavid now debating with a comic strip in which he's been cast as the villain?

hahaha

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

Oldavid wrote:
I intend to show you how little and how poorly some of your "great thinkers" think. We need to get some common ground (common sense, self-evident truth) to work from. In my experience, you will avoid that by any subterfuge or distraction you can come up with because you intuitively know that you don't have a real leg to stand on... your religion is wholly sustained by deceptive half-truths and gratuitous assertions.

I don't "take the Fifth". I am not "gun shy"... here I am, a voice in the wilderness facing up to Goliath.

Mate all you have done is give vague assertions about your omniscience, you have been ask a direct question to provide evidence for some of your lurid claims and all you do is repeat yourself. You are like listening to a politician who "sticks to message" refusing to respond to the actual questions raised. You don't even have the courage to explain what it is you actually believe.

More than this you consistently claim that "materialists claim to know all there is to know" even though I shot your claim down in flames, some may be this stupid but not the majority, so right away you are arguing from a premise that is demonstrably false.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

Oldavid
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2014, 10:40 pm

AspieOtaku wrote:
Here in these papers are the printouts of the genetic data and information from the fossil record that we are apes and have shared a common ancestor also the first hominid species arose from the great rift valley in Africa!
Am I supposed to think that you "know" all that because you were there to observe it all happening, perhaps?

If we are going to observe any kind of reasonable method of enquiry the first thing we have to do is not immediately presume that any convenient speculation is ipso facto a "fact".

That there are basic similarities in the genetic makeup of all living organisms doesn't prove anything except that it's a good system that works. It does not make the impossible possible. It does not even imply that one organism ever did, or could, turn itself into every other organism.

Science is fiction without reasonable and certain premises from which to argue logically.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 2:28 am

Oldavid wrote:
AspieOtaku wrote:
Here in these papers are the printouts of the genetic data and information from the fossil record that we are apes and have shared a common ancestor also the first hominid species arose from the great rift valley in Africa!
Am I supposed to think that you "know" all that because you were there to observe it all happening, perhaps?

If we are going to observe any kind of reasonable method of enquiry the first thing we have to do is not immediately presume that any convenient speculation is ipso facto a "fact".

That there are basic similarities in the genetic makeup of all living organisms doesn't prove anything except that it's a good system that works. It does not make the impossible possible. It does not even imply that one organism ever did, or could, turn itself into every other organism.

Science is fiction without reasonable and certain premises from which to argue logically.
:mrgreen:

No matter where I go I will always be a Gaijin even at home. Like Anime? https://kissanime.to/AnimeList

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 2:38 am

Is a comparison to the creationism model and the family tree supporting evolution! Evolution tends to make a lot more sense than religious piddly posh, microbes evolve every year and evolve to become new strains if they did not all viruses and bacteria would stay the same and die off long ago.Image

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 3:09 am

So Oldavid am I to assume by your silence you are nothing but a one trick pony who has no actual evidence for your wide sweeping claims and accusations?

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 3:33 am

Oldavid wrote:

Common descent is pretty well established. There so many things all pointing in the same direction, such as endogenous retroviruses, similarities in morphology (shape of hip bones of birds and stuff like that), the distribution of species, and then there is speciation like nylon eating bacteria.

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 3:41 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
So Oldavid am I to assume by your silence you are nothing but a one trick pony who has no actual evidence for your wide sweeping claims and accusations?
His mentor is none other than Ken Ham he learned everything at the Creationist Museum!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 3:53 am

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 3:55 am

Oldavid wrote:

Oh my, are you the same person who champions the existence of self evident truths. And I thought you were going to "chop off" our scientific legs...

Oldavid wrote:
Get comfortable, fellas.

I have had a fair bit of previous experience chopping the legs off the insanely illogical, physically impossible notions that are some kind of Materialism or Voodoo.

I don't have time right now, but when I do I will begin to dissect the monster.

It's a threat.

Pathetic!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:01 am

ImageAs we see the creationist who lacks any intellect has no leg to stand on and is full off well you know hehe!

AspieOtaku
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:05 am

We all know god came across as another alias none other known as andross who was killed by Star Fox hence God does not exist anymore!

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2014, 4:06 am

Entertaining to watch.
Love this quote: ipso facto a "fact"
If we're going to abuse Latin, then caveat emptor. :ninja:

Though my favourite all time Latin phrase is nil illigitimi carborundum.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.