Page 4 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 7:16 pm

auntblabby wrote:
does this answer your question?

No, I expected that they'd use small local store. My question is, where does the money come from? because one needs ID for most jobs and for food stamps.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 7:49 pm

starkid wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
does this answer your question?

No, I expected that they'd use small local store. My question is, where does the money come from? because one needs ID for most jobs and for food stamps.

in my case ITM. almost never set food in a bank. cash machines don't demand papers. I don't get food stamps, no bennie card have I. in my case I live off of a cashed-out IRA, via IRS schedule 72T. other people without under the table jobs are probably getting bennies of some kind, since I've never been in that system I don't know how it works. all I know is that I seldom have to use my ID. been absentee voting forever now, so no ID required at least in my state for that. the low level jobs that a lot of us have had [under the table] obviously don't require formal ID. you see, there is a large underground economy going on beneath the noses of the higher classes, 99% of whom have not a clue about. underground economies don't require "papers, please."

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 7:58 pm

but what about the housebound people you mentioned? Surely they are too disabled for under the table jobs?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 8:06 pm

starkid wrote:
but what about the housebound people you mentioned? Surely they are too disabled for under the table jobs?

who would you say were calling you at your home trying to sell you this or that? or pet sitting. or nannying? I've done the first two. there are other jobs as well.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 8:16 pm

I don't think we should become a "papers, please" type of society--at all.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't think we should become a "papers, please" type of society--at all.

but we are surely headed in that direction. sooner than we think it'll be all over.