What do you call someone who believes in the Christian God..

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:12 am

What do you call someone who believes in the Christian God but do not believe that we need a church institution in any form?

We are Catholics but my mom says she does not go to church because the Lord is angry with God because she had a difficult childhood and besides, I'm suffering from Asperger's syndrome, allergies and in the past I had epilepsy and several other diseases, my older brother she never had the best of health. My mom says, is very grateful to the Mongolian doctors who arrived in Poland after the fall of communism, my mom said that these Chinese herbs are cheaper than normal sh***y drugs drugs than western medicine :) As for God is my mother believes and prays but not in the church regarded as the most important right of the Ten Commandments in the history of the Earth, but it is believed that God created the earth but I do not care about him what was going on EARTH "is the same as our Polish politicians" xD. As for politics today is the second round of elections for mayor in my town I am a member of the election commission in a polling station wanted to persuade her mother to take part in the elections but mom says he does not believe in the honesty of politicians for both of these right-wing and left-wing as for this vote does not intend :)

Moviefan2k4
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:57 am

pawelk1986 wrote:
What do you call someone who believes in the Christian God but do not believe that we need a church institution in any form?
I would say that God Himself calls certain people to fulfill different purposes, both here and in Heaven. There's quite a difference between teachers, pastors, and preachers. We need some kind of structure to ensure integrity, both moral and spiritual.

Skibz888
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 8:53 am

You could plausibly call them "spiritual but not religious", and currently there's a whole thread about that very topic going on.

I think it's becoming more common for Christians to embrace personal spirituality over denominational dogma. There are so, so many wildly varying types of Christianity whose belief systems often conflict with one another, and there's a lot of fault to be found in that. I'm of the belief that no one type of church is "right" and nurturing one's personal relationship with God is far more important adhering to any given denomination's rules and regulations. The Bible stresses the importance of gathering and communicating with other Christians, but it's entirely possible to do that without the need for a specific church.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

The Devil seeks to mislead even the Holy ones away from God.

Guess what the best way for the Devil to steer people from the narrow road that leads to life is?

Liveirarica
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Nov 2014, 10:04 am

Abrahamite. A Deist who believes in the Abrahamic deity specifically.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 10:31 am

I call them Christians who can read the Queen's English. Refer to Matt. 6:5-8.

Furthermore, I find that just about everybody who makes references to Matt. 7:13-14 tends to ignore Matt. 7:12, Matt. 7:16-20, and Matt. 7:21-23.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:40 am

I don't think that there is a word for that exact thing.

The closest thing is "anticlerical"- meaning hatred of priests among Roman Catholics.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
An "Areligious Christian Theist".

Next question?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 9:42 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

People who believe in the Christian God (which is the Trinity) are referred to by some as Christians or Trinitarians as opposed to Deists or Unitarians who do not believe God is three persons in one. Jews, Muslims, Deists and Unitarians are all monotheists.

Attendance in Church is not a requirement to being a proper upright human being. Jews believe anyone who keeps the seven laws of Noah has a place in the World to Come.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

If I were not already brought up Jewish I would be a follower of the Seven Laws of Noah (bin Noach, in Hebrew).

ruveyn

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

Nambo wrote:
The Devil seeks to mislead even the Holy ones away from God.

Guess what the best way for the Devil to steer people from the narrow road that leads to life is?

Chalk another one up for the use of fear. Next on the list, guilt.
Can we get some new rhetoric, please? The old ones have become too cliche.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 10:13 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:

We are Catholics but my mom says she does not go to church because the Lord is angry with God because she had a difficult childhood and besides, I'm suffering from Asperger's syndrome, allergies and in the past I had epilepsy and several other diseases....

As for God is my mother believes and prays but not in the church regarded as the most important right of the Ten Commandments in the history of the Earth....

Someone who doesn't believe in the church, I call smart.

And it's typical for people who believe in a god to blame that god for things we can't control. But that's because religion is a system of blame.

As for the 10 Commandments....

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 3:41 pm

ruveyn wrote:
pawelk1986 wrote:

People who believe in the Christian God (which is the Trinity) are referred to by some as Christians or Trinitarians as opposed to Deists or Unitarians who do not believe God is three persons in one. Jews, Muslims, Deists and Unitarians are all monotheists.

Attendance in Church is not a requirement to being a proper upright human being. Jews believe anyone who keeps the seven laws of Noah has a place in the World to Come.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_Laws_of_Noah

If I were not already brought up Jewish I would be a follower of the Seven Laws of Noah (bin Noach, in Hebrew).

ruveyn

This is precisely the reason I believe in God but do not attend any "christian" church.
If any people know who God is, it is the Jews, "The Lord your God is One", God answered the Hebrews question in a way that showed he was not another manifestation of the pagan gods who are always trinities and whom the Hebrews would have known under their slavery to the pagan Egyptians.

You must have no other gods, is the first Commandment.

Seems to me the Trinity doctrine is the most important thing to Trinitarians, they get mad when you show them scriptures that Prove Jesus is subservient to God the Father, such as Daniel Chapter 7 where "The Son of Man" which is one of Jesus titles in the New Testament, arrives in the clouds, which is how Jesus is described ascending in the New Testament, he "gains access" to "The Ancient of Days" who is clearly God almighty, and this God gives Jesus the Kingdom.
Separate people even when together in Heaven you see.

As for the New Testament, 1st Corinthians 15 describe similar events to Daniel where all things are put under Jesus feet, except for the one who put all these things under his feet, namely God himself, as for verse 28:-

"28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all."

There it is you see, Jesus is never equal to God, the son is subject to God even though Jesus is above every thing else.

I have never had an answer from a Trinitarian to these scriptures, they just quote lame ambiguous scriptures such as "I and the Lord are one", even though elsewhere Jesus says he and the disciples are one, ambiguous you see, "one" can mean having the same mind and purpose, belonging to the same thing.

Trinitarians are actually still worshiping the pagan sun god, that's why they celebrate his birthday on the same day as they used to worship the sun gods birthday, that's why they still acknowledge the fertility goddess Easter with bunnies and eggs.

No wonder Jesus said, "Narrow is the road leading to life and few and the ones finding it", and, "get away from me you workers of lawlessness, I never knew you".

Maybe its my Jewish ancestry that helps me find the God of the Jews, rather than worshiping the same old pagan gods we are told to, hiding behind the name of the Messiah?

Cash__
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 5:06 pm

The Catholic church would refer to you as Lapsed Catholics.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2014, 6:41 pm

Go to You Tube and look up the video of comedian Eddy Griffin doing his live "Save My Money" routine.

He points out that "Christ never went to church".