Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Should there be any limits on the amounts of violence in TV, Movies and Games?
Poll ended at 04 Jan 2015, 2:48 pm
No. 28%  28%  [ 5 ]
Nothing can be done now! Pandora's box has been opened! Violence in entertainment will inspire more and more violence until society comes to resemble The Purge 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Censorship is a slippery slope, etc. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Ban it all for all I care. I don't watch this garbage. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
If it's true that screen violence inspires real violence, then allowable screen violence should be pulled back a bit from where it is now, but only after the finale's of Walking Dead and GOT. 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Fictional violence doesn't inspire real violence to any degree sufficient to worry about. 33%  33%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 18

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 1:31 pm

slenkar wrote:
I stopped watching GoT because it was so sociopathic.

Violence in the name of good isn't disturbing (see WW2 or Noble Knights in a movie)

but cruel violence as shown in GoT or Walking Dead is quite disturbing.

By GoT you don't mean Game of Thrones do you....lol there are sociopath characters, but I have a hard time seeing the show in its enitrity as being sociopathic. Since there are lots of characters that aren't really....yeah it wouldn't really be game of thrones if they took out all the nasty characters.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 2:00 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:
There seems to be a lot of violence in entertainment these days.

Because the Iliad, Dede Korket, the Norse Sagas and the Talmud are all entirely free from violence.

People like violence. I'm people. I like violence. :twisted:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う