Feeling like something is getting ready to burst.

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Autinger
Toucan
Toucan

16 Nov 2014, 5:13 pm

I've been getting more and more stressed and anxious by the idea that something is about to happen in the world.

I mean wars of some sorts. There's several pressure vats.. racism and religion being the main ones, with knowledge and financial inequality and political differences following close. If it's not a full out war among nations it'll be civil wars among people.

There's noticeable differences in the way politicians are saying things, and people are starting to reply different on websites and that kind of stuff.

It's making me feel scared and useless, like I'm going through routines but something in me wants to run away and hide somewhere in the forests of northern Europa. I'm following an ICT study but feel like I should be learning how to build shelters and traps, and which plants to eat and preparing for physical hardship and that kind of stuff.

I'm normally not one to get too phobic (scared for no logical reason) about things, so the fact that I am, is making me even more scared.

Am I the only one? am I just in a bad place right now or are more people noticing this?

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 5:40 pm

I've felt this way for a while

LKL
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

Not yet. Within the next decade, maybe, but I don't think within the year. Things have to get so bad that the unknown is less scary than the status quo, before some sort of burst happens.

edit: and it's still possible that some sort of grand reforms a la the New Deal will head off a burst for longer than that.

MorganFTL
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Nov 2014, 8:53 pm

Groups of people and humanity at large is like a fault line.. quiet except for the occasional rumbling for the most part but earthquakes (major upheavals) are inevitable and expected.

If you look back at history you'll find the cycle of wars and violence that humanity has engaged in since the dawn of time.

In short yes it's getting late in the cycle and its likely something big is in the works but no one can say for certain when or where it will come much less what sort of swath of destruction it will reap.

My advice is that unless you are in a position to head it off before it starts just keep a wary eye to the horizon while enjoying life and not worrying about it until you know enough to come up with some sort of response.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

MorganFTL wrote:
My advice is that unless you are in a position to head it off before it starts just keep a wary eye to the horizon while enjoying life and not worrying about it until you know enough to come up with some sort of response.

Second that. Wheel-spinning just gets one's blood boiling, generates unhappiness, and essentially takes a nick out of a person's life that was completely unnecessary.

As far as the OP I do think self-defense and self-sufficiency saviness is wise in that it helps as a tangible counterbalance against anxiety and gives ones deeper self that drives the flight or fight response more reason for repose or feeling that all that can be done is being done.

Also notice it's the people who can stay cheery and promote good will who actually seem to put something out there that hits the receivers and ripples outward just as much as fear and negativity. In other words if you want to be part of the retaining wall that helps hold back the landslide or even defeat it before it starts - cheer is a powerful psychological weapon against the kinds of temperatures that head off toward mass societal panic attacks (which usually just lead to people and nations to acting their fears out thinking it will bring the thing to a head already - at those points the worst is really yet to come).

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 11:12 am

Don't try to retain it, because that will just get harder and harder until it bursts far worse than it would have otherwise. Instead, seek to provide safe outlets and let us all defuse.

Eh, the best I've got at the moment is to become a paragon. Show people an alternative, and make sure you're prepared. Keep a deep larder, learn first aid, take up a martial art... and encourage everyone around you to as well. Find something tangible you can do that might help, even if it's just excercising so you can run away from the zombies. Start building resilience.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2014, 11:48 am

I definitely agree with the martial arts and exercise suggestions as human beings are instinctually evolved to protect themselves and to learn to defend themselves, as strong, although western society doesn't place much importance on this.

When a person is balanced in their body and mind that martial arts and even dance can bring to a person, illusory fears CAN go away, and one more likely walks naturally with their head high and body relaxed which takes away the prey aspect of human being per the thinning out the weak in the herd basic principle of nature.

People who are predators go after the weak and vulnerable 'looking folks' generally speaking but not so much the strong, relaxed and fearless.

Main things is life's much more fun without fear, and truly I think peace of mind is worth 'FIGHTING' for. :)

I used to walk like a robot with a stick up my butt, with my head generally down, and now I walk like a Tiger per grace and strength since I've been doing martial arts. Yes, mammals are mammals, and there is no escape from Mother Nature True.

There's a walk of fear and a walk of self esteem, and the second one is preferable for survival, overall, for the long run.

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick