fun facts: Did you know that in prewar Poland Nerds ware res

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 10:27 am

fun facts: Did you know that in prewar Poland(My Counry) Nerds ware part of highly respected social group called Inteligencja
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligentsia

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 5:10 pm

I think most societies contain a class of people we would call the "intelligentsia", but it is interesting to read about how the term originated with the Polish romantics - I never knew that.

I doubt they would have called themselves nerds considering the negative connotations surrounding that word these days!

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2014, 5:17 pm

skysaw wrote:
I think most societies contain a class of people we would call the "intelligentsia", but it is interesting to read about how the term originated with the Polish romantics - I never knew that.

I doubt they would have called themselves nerds considering the negative connotations surrounding that word these days!

I'm little bit of nerdy even more than a bit ;-) and i'm proud of my nerdness, it's sad that people have in high contempt smart people, i'm not genius but i'm consider myself as very good educated especially in history and Kama Sutra :mrgreen: (but only in theory ;-) )