Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2014, 11:36 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
The holocaust happened, but...

Quote:
...it wasn't just the Jews who were persecuted during the holocaust.

Holocaust minimization is circumstantial evidence of antisemitism.

Are you a Catholic?

He was not "minimizing" the Holocaust, but doing the exact opposite (pointing out its true larger size).

So is that "evidence" of him being a citizen of Israel?

Seriously- you need to walk us all through your logic here.

There is no logic with Zio-fanatics like him when it comes to subjects like this.
As I have alluded to above, it might be fun to engage them in debate for a while, but don't be shocked when they don't play by the rules.

Humanaut wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:
He was not "minimizing" the Holocaust, but doing the exact opposite (pointing out its true larger size).

Larger than what?

Virtually everyone reading this thread will understand naturalplastic's question: how can it be called 'Holocaust minimization' for someone to point out that non-Jews were persecuted in the Holocaust as well as Jews.

Notice how Humanaut won't answer it, and notice how he instead thinks that everyone else should be answering to him. In fact, notice how this thread has veered off from discussion of the original post and is now dominated by Humanaut's irrelevant questions and meaningless accusations.

I guess Zio-fanatics have learned that the best form of defence is attack. They're not usually as clumsy about it as Humanaut is though.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 1:43 pm

I think Israel should stop treating Palestinians in their hospitals, cut off their electricity, cut off their fresh water, stop sending food supplies, tighten their blockade, and soak Gaza Strip with napalm.

However, even most of Israel's right-wing wouldn't be in favor of that. Bunch of sissy liberals.

eric76
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:57 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
I think Israel should stop treating Palestinians in their hospitals, cut off their electricity, cut off their fresh water, stop sending food supplies, tighten their blockade, and soak Gaza Strip with napalm.

However, even most of Israel's right-wing wouldn't be in favor of that. Bunch of sissy liberals.

If Israel were to do that, how would they be any better than the Nazis?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 1:58 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 2:03 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
The holocaust happened, but...

Quote:
...it wasn't just the Jews who were persecuted during the holocaust.

Holocaust minimization is circumstantial evidence of antisemitism.

Are you a Catholic?

So is that "evidence" of him being a citizen of Israel?

Seriously- you need to walk us all through your logic here.

lol. yes exactly. Zionists would have you believe that only 6 million were murdered in the holocaust. The true figure was closer to 11 MILLION when you add all of the trade unionists, political prisoners, christians, gays, gypsies, anarchists and disabled people that were also killed.

Its actually the Zionists that are the real holocaust 'minimalisers'.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 3:13 pm

You know you aren't dealing with a reasonable broker when THIS happens.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/11/28 ... old-child/

My deviant art profile

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 3:45 pm

eric76 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

If Israel were to do that, how would they be any better than the Nazis?
Because they've spent the past several decades being effectively nursemaids to the frigging child-rapers, and I would have started showering them with cadmium bombs twenty years ago. They have instead showered them with free medical care, free electricity, free running water, free food, and basically pampered the jerks, and the Palestinians have invented this story of some terrible forced exile by coming forward with hand-drawn maps that could be pictures of anything.

I think it's time the Palestinians saw some real suffering.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 4:00 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

Damn right, I'm serious. It's about time you saw what hate actually looks like. Islam is a crappy and violent religion. They are a filthy misogynistic child-raping non-culture. The Palestinians are violent, and I question their authenticity as members of the human race. I recommend their immediate extermination. They are genetically inferior, mentally stunted, ungrateful savages.

You won't hear the Israelis saying this because they are too nice to say it. I'm not nice.

How dare you quote a source like "Addicting Info" here, which is unabashedly a propaganda site? Are you just stupid, or are you freaking evil and just think we're stupid? Your avatar constitutes unabashed antisemitism and a racial slur, and as far as I'm concerned, you might as well cover yourself in Swastikas. How disgusting. I deny that you are actually a person.

Mukherjee80
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2014, 4:37 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

Damn right, I'm serious. It's about time you saw what hate actually looks like. Islam is a crappy and violent religion. They are a filthy misogynistic child-raping non-culture. The Palestinians are violent, and I question their authenticity as members of the human race. I recommend their immediate extermination. They are genetically inferior, mentally stunted, ungrateful savages.

You won't hear the Israelis saying this because they are too nice to say it. I'm not nice.

How dare you quote a source like "Addicting Info" here, which is unabashedly a propaganda site? Are you just stupid, or are you freaking evil and just think we're stupid? Your avatar constitutes unabashed antisemitism and a racial slur, and as far as I'm concerned, you might as well cover yourself in Swastikas. How disgusting. I deny that you are actually a person.

This rabid rant really speaks for itself. Some cartoon constitutes a racial slur, but calling the Palestinians "genetically inferior, mentally stunted, ungrateful savages" is fine? I'm just quoting this in full now for posterity.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 5:52 pm

Mukherjee80 wrote:
This rabid rant really speaks for itself. Some cartoon constitutes a racial slur, but calling the Palestinians "genetically inferior, mentally stunted, ungrateful savages" is fine? I'm just quoting this in full now for posterity.
Because, if it were not for the Israelis, the freaking Palestinians would be doing the same things to each other that the Syrians are doing. They would be doing the same things that the Islamic State wackos are doing in Iraq.

I call them low-bred rubbish because they behave like low-bred rubbish. When the Palestinians start behaving like human beings, I will acknowledge that they are human beings.

Just admit that the Palestinians are bloodthirsty, inherently immoral savages, and they are not going to change.

Forcing little girls into marriage is rape. How can you even ponder this being the behavior of civilized people? How can you condone that and not be disgusted with yourself?

These are not human beings. They are animals. They are pigs.

I think that, if anything, the Israelis have been too soft on them.

friedmacguffins
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 6:21 pm

Firstly, the origin of the saying, J'accuse.
(Prosor uses this in his presentation.):
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J%27accuse

In support of Israel, by Ambassador Ron Prosor:
http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/Israeli-envoy-Prosor-says-Jaccuse-to-United-Nations-slamming-the-bodys-hypocrisy-382774
http://www.timesofisrael.com/full-text-of-ron-prosors-speech-to-the-un-general-assembly-november-29-2012/

There are policies which I personally disagree with, undeniable examples of Israeli racism, but many of these discussions are either misguided or facetious.

When I see some of the shomrim, I want to feed them a sturdy meal and put a barbel in their hand. No matter what has been said to me, in the past, it does not come across as intuitive to me, to present some victimhood narrative to you, as though I am a martyr.

Living in California, it is my perception of conservative Israelis, that they would prefer national sovereignty over influence peddlers, offering gifts with strings attached.

Kerry parody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWRqNtARg8w

Mukherjee80
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Mukherjee80 wrote:
Because, if it were not for the Israelis, the freaking Palestinians would be doing the same things to each other that the Syrians are doing. They would be doing the same things that the Islamic State wackos are doing in Iraq.

I call them low-bred rubbish because they behave like low-bred rubbish. When the Palestinians start behaving like human beings, I will acknowledge that they are human beings.

Just admit that the Palestinians are bloodthirsty, inherently immoral savages, and they are not going to change.

Forcing little girls into marriage is rape. How can you even ponder this being the behavior of civilized people? How can you condone that and not be disgusted with yourself?

These are not human beings. They are animals. They are pigs.

I think that, if anything, the Israelis have been too soft on them.

Quoted again for posterity. You recommend the Palestinians' extermination, and yet it is they who are "bloodthirsty", and it is me who should be disgusted with myself? And to support your statements you link ... to an article on arranged marriage, a practice that (though frowned upon in the West), is common all over the world, including amongst Orthodox Jews.

I thought Humanaut's pig-headedness was a gift to those forum members who criticise Israel's behaviour, but persimonpudding's fanaticism is on another level.

(As for friedmacguffins, what a bizarre non-sequitur of a post. It looks like you prepared that post for a different thread, forgot to post it, and then decided to post it on the next Israel-related thread you came across.)

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

30 Nov 2014, 7:30 pm

Mukherjee80 wrote:
You recommend the Palestinians' extermination,
Yes. It might keep us from having to enter a more prolonged war against people like them elsewhere in the Levant. Just as the Atom Bomb ended WWII, killing off one population of pig-dogs might force the rest of them to realize that we are not going to cosset them, and we are serious.

Quote:
and yet it is they who are "bloodthirsty",
Do you not see what those like them are doing to each other in Syria? Do you call those pig-dogs civilized? They are vermin who fall upon each other like savages, and it would be bad enough except that they spread their violence elsewhere.

Quote:
and it is me who should be disgusted with myself?
YOU ARE DEFENDING PEDOPHILIC RAPE.

Quote:
And to support your statements you link ... to an article on arranged marriage, a practice that (though frowned upon in the West), is common all over the world, including amongst Orthodox Jews.
And, in some cultures, they murder gay people and treat women as property. Just because it's their "culture" doesn't make it acceptable or moral. You are making an argument based on cultural relativism. It's crap. We ended child marriage in the West because it was IMMORAL. It is degrading to the human race. Every culture that does it today is a dysfunctional and failed culture.

Mukherjee80
Raven
Raven

30 Nov 2014, 7:40 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Mukherjee80 wrote:
Yes. It might keep us from having to enter a more prolonged war against people like them elsewhere in the Levant. Just as the Atom Bomb ended WWII, killing off one population of pig-dogs might force the rest of them to realize that we are not going to cosset them, and we are serious.

Quote:
and yet it is they who are "bloodthirsty",
Do you not see what those like them are doing to each other in Syria? Do you call those pig-dogs civilized? They are vermin who fall upon each other like savages, and it would be bad enough except that they spread their violence elsewhere.

Quote:
and it is me who should be disgusted with myself?
YOU ARE DEFENDING PEDOPHILIC RAPE.

Quote:
And to support your statements you link ... to an article on arranged marriage, a practice that (though frowned upon in the West), is common all over the world, including amongst Orthodox Jews.
And, in some cultures, they murder gay people and treat women as property. Just because it's their "culture" doesn't make it acceptable or moral. You are making an argument based on cultural relativism. It's crap. We ended child marriage in the West because it was IMMORAL. It is degrading to the human race. Every culture that does it today is a dysfunctional and failed culture.

Keep it coming, Persimonpudding.

I wonder what Humanaut and Tequila make of this.

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Mukherjee80 wrote:
Yes. It might keep us from having to enter a more prolonged war against people like them elsewhere in the Levant.

By the way, who is this "us/we" you speak of? I don't see what business the United States, for instance, has starting wars in the Middle East. Are you Jewish? Christian Zionist? Or one of those nice secular humanists I hear so much about?

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2014, 7:58 pm

Mukherjee80 wrote:

The article wasn't about arranged marriages but forced marriages of minors. And just because something is common all over the world doesn't mean it's right.

welcometoantarctica
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

Interesting thread. I speak as someone who loves Israel and many Israelis and have also had friendships with Palestinians for whom I have great respect. There has for three thousand years been a Jewish presence in the Holy Land, and most of the time the Muslims were better friends than the Christians to the Jews who were there. It was a Roman (pre-Christian - when Christians were also being persecuted) Emperor who renamed the land "Palestine" from Judah, in the 1st century following a local rebellion, because he sensed that Judah and Jews were a source of subversion and dissent against authority.

My father moved to the Holy Land when he was a child of 3, around 1929, because his father wanted to be part of creating a Jewish state that would be a light unto the nations and would foster Jewish values such as "Everyone - not just Jews, not any religion, but everyone - was made in the divine image and should be respected as such" The Holocaust made things much worse for the nascent, unborn state that became Israel, because it increased enormously pressure on Jews to immigrate there (they were not terribly welcome anywhere else in Europe or America). There was violence from Arabs and Jews, against the British (who had been given the task of keeping order) and each other. There was a UN resolution in 1947 which declared that there should be a two-state solution. Britain pulled out, and neighbouring Arab countries invaded in 1948 to try to gain control over the whole land. They failed to eliminate the Jewish state. That failure was the Naqba, the disaster, the catastrophe.

Both sides of that dispute feel persecuted by the other. Both sides feel that they are David against the other's Goliath. And it's not as simple as all that, because 20% of Israeli citizens identify as Arab, and at least two Palestinian citizens identify as Jews by birth even if not by religion. Both sides have a part in dissolving hatred and making peace. There are places and spaces where people from both sides of the divide are meeting in dialogue, creating music, playing football, healing, building. It's harder now, because of hard-liners on both sides. But it's still happening.

The most helpful thing that people here can do is to listen to the narrative of the other and to believe that others can believe differently - as in the Nakba/Independence-Day dual narrative which truly exists as such. In Israel there is a group of Israelis who are doing just that regarding Nakba: persuading fellow Israelis of the reality in that narrative for those people affected.

Most people on this list aren't in the heat of battle, so perhaps we can practise by trying to hear the weird perspective of our weird neighbour who's too quiet/ too noisy - too politico/ too passive - too materialistic / too unrealistic - burns too much fuel/ interferes with others' rights too much.

As for arranged marriages, I know that both Israeli and Palestinian societies are very diverse and contain some families who would be happy with arranged marriages and others who wouldn't. I'm pretty sure that mainstream Islam forbids forced marriage just as Judaism does, or the Hindu or Christian traditions. People do all sorts of things to their children in the name of God. That doesn't mean that those actions are holy or correct.

I'm new in this space. I was attracted to join this site because I identify with the title. I hope that my newness doesn't remove my entitlement to take part in this discussion.

A southerner