Max Blumenthal interview on Israels double standards

Page 8 of 9 [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 11:23 am

Hamas is in power chiefly due to Israeli antagonism. Their election came off of the back of a seven year seige that had seen the mass construction of illegal settlements, curtailing of utilities and the huge wall that dwarfs the Berlin wall in both height and length. Fatah, and other political 'moderate' movements had lost their support precisely because of Israeli aggression. In fact, at one stage Abbas's PA wanted to throw in the towel and considered allowed itself to be annexed into Israel. However that would have created a shitstorm the Israels didn't want, hence, the beginning of the renewed onslaught.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 36,00.html

On Britain forcing the Jews to the Palestinian mandate- Well yes, that is because the creation of Israel, and the Zionist project, has been the whole time an anti semitic project. It was intended as a solution to the 'Jewish question' precisely because none of the western countries wanted to provide a sanctuary to holocaust survivors, or for that matter, other Jews.

My deviant art profile

Last edited by thomas81 on 06 Dec 2014, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 11:26 am

Persimmonpudding wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Lebanon is a third world country
Oh, so you excuse them BECAUSE they are savages, whereas I think that the fact that they live and behave like savages is inexcusable in itself.

Economic and cultural relativism. Lebanon doesnt recieve the tune of $10 000 every year per every one of its citizens from the United States and nor does it espouse the 'civilised' democratic western values that Israel does.

Nor does it have a small but disproportionately powerful diaspora in the United States ala AIPAC that can lobby for its interests.
Persimmonpudding wrote:

Quote:
The Lebanese culprits behind the Sabra and Shatilla massacres weren't muslim, they were Christian falangist fascists.
And Christianity and Islam are both crappy and violent religions. I say have both of them outlawed, and declare them to be mental illnesses curable by lobotomy.

Theres that Zionist tolerance and understanding you keep referring to. Keep it classy. :lol:

My deviant art profile

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 11:26 am

Quote:
On Britain forcing the Jews to the Palestinian mandate
No, try actually reading the articles. The British were putting Holocaust survivors into detainment camps to try to PREVENT them from escaping to Mandatory Palestine, under pressure from Arabic nations.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 11:30 am

Quote:
thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:
thomas81 wrote:
Oh, so you excuse them BECAUSE they are savages, whereas I think that the fact that they live and behave like savages is inexcusable in itself.

Economic and cultural relativism.
You idiots do appeal to cultural relativism pretty often. The Lebanese are actually guilty of some pretty hideous war crimes, and you don't really seem to give a crap.

Christians AND Muslims in the Middle East have a long history of violence.

Last edited by Persimmonpudding on 06 Dec 2014, 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 11:30 am

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Quote:
No, try actually reading the articles. The British were putting Holocaust survivors into detainment camps to try to PREVENT them from escaping to Mandatory Palestine, under pressure from Arabic nations.

they didnt want them to live in the UK under the same capacity as other UK citizens, either. My point is the UK's handing of the holocaust aftermath was all about getting the Jews out of Europe and into Palestine, if only on a piecemeal basis.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 11:33 am

Persimmonpudding wrote:
You idiots do appeal to cultural relativism pretty often. The Lebanese are actually guilty of some pretty hideous war crimes, and you don't really seem to give a crap.

Christians AND Muslims in the Middle East have a long history of violence.

Never claimed otherwise.

I would put down the wests track record, in addition to our current support of Israel as the two big precursors to Islamic terrorism in the modern age.

We weren't having these problems with the muslim world until the partition of Palestine. It was a Pandora's box that should have stayed closed.

My deviant art profile

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 11:35 am

thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:
Quote:

they didnt want them to live in the UK under the same capacity as other UK citizens, either. My point is the UK's handing of the holocaust aftermath was all about getting the Jews out of Europe and into Palestine, if only on a piecemeal basis.
No, Bricha was an entirely Jewish-led organization, evacuating Jews from Poland both during the Holocaust and as the Soviets were taking the country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bricha

A lot of Jews also escaped to the US, and I have known a few of them. The stories they tell from their parents and grandparents are actually pretty scary. It apparently wasn't just the Germans who were engaged in violence against the Jews, and as the Russians marched into Europe, the Jews there were in a great deal of danger.

The immigration of Jews to Mandatory Palestine was absolutely necessary. In Europe, Africa and several Arabic countries, they were being murdered.

You have a very warped understanding of the nature of the Aliyahs.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 11:40 am

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Quote:
thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Economic and cultural relativism.
You idiots do appeal to cultural relativism pretty often..

The economic component is a pretty big component too. As a rule, societies have trouble advancing on a cultural level without a strong economy.

Israel is like the bully chick of the nest that is the middle east. The mother-bird (USA) displays favouritism so Israel gets all the worms. So it gets fat, with advanced cultural norms, starbucks and nuclear warheads.

My deviant art profile

Last edited by thomas81 on 06 Dec 2014, 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 11:43 am

Partly because of people like you, Thomas, the Israeli left will remain politically weak, and the violence in that region will continue to escalate. You and others in the west continue to undermine forces in Israeli politics that seek an end to the violence, leaving more "hawkish" parties to run things in their own way, which results in mounting and unnecessary casualties.

As long as Israelis feel that they have no real international support, they will continue favoring nationalistic right-wing parties. This is how people behave when they feel alienated from the rest of the world. They become very inward-looking, and they stop believing in peaceful solutions.

Quote:
The economic component is a pretty big component too. As a rule, societies have trouble advancing on a cultural level without a strong economy.
Their economy is crap BECAUSE THEY ARE STINKING MUSLIMS AND MIDDLE EASTERN CHRISTIANS. Extremist Muslim and Christian groups will NEVER, repeat, NEVER be able to organize to take over a bathroom.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 11:48 am

Persimmonpudding wrote:

The immigration of Jews to Mandatory Palestine was absolutely necessary. In Europe, Africa and several Arabic countries, they were being murdered.

I blame anti semites in other countries for the plight of the Jews. If the British, Russians etc had opened their borders to them, the middle east might not be in the mess it finds itself.

What you can't do though, is sieze the lands of an indigenous people and then accuse them of being racist against you for trying to fight back.

My deviant art profile

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 11:50 am

thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

I blame anti semites in other countries for the plight of the Jews. If the British, Russians etc had opened their borders to them, the middle east might not be in the mess it finds itself.

What you can't do though, is sieze the lands of an indigenous people and then accuse them of being racist against you for trying to fight back.
THE ARABS THERE WERE MURDERING THEM. DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THIS?

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 12:00 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:

The reality is much more nuanced than that. The riots by arab commoners broke out in the 1920s not because of an innate or irrational Jew-hatred, but because Jews had been purchasing arab territory en masse from wealthier arab landowners and the arabs were rightly or wrongly concerned about losing their authority over the land (a concern that now in hindsight, has been validated). At that point in time, Palestine had all of the infrastucture necessary for an arab nation state, bar an actual government. The only mistake they made was not forming one while they still could.

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2014, 12:10 pm

Persimmonpudding wrote:
P Thomas, the Israeli left will remain politically weak, and the violence in that region will continue to escalate.

Seems to me the two are symptomatic of each other.

Persimmonpudding wrote:
As long as Israelis feel that they have no real international support, they will continue favoring nationalistic right-wing parties. This is how people behave when they feel alienated from the rest of the world. They become very inward-looking, and they stop believing in peaceful solutions.

Then you should understand how the Palestinians feel. They have international support but its tokenistic; it doesnt educate their children, power life support machines or stop bombs falling on them.

Israel has the kind of foreign support that really matters; material support and thats all too evident to arabs when they peer into their ancestral homelands and see lavish towns with chrome skyscrapers built by invaders. With two passage motorways of 'Jews only' lanes and roadblocks in between that arbitrarilly stop and harass civillians, making it all but impossible to live day to day.

Yet you expect them to glibly acquiesce and be peaceful about it.

Persimmonpudding wrote:
Their economy is crap BECAUSE THEY ARE STINKING MUSLIMS AND MIDDLE EASTERN CHRISTIANS. Extremist Muslim and Christian groups will NEVER, repeat, NEVER be able to organize to take over a bathroom.

Wow, if you are progressive, i hate to see what a 'hawkish' Israeli sounds like.

I presume from your post content thus far you are Israeli.

My deviant art profile

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 1:21 pm

thomas81 wrote:
Persimmonpudding wrote:

The reality is much more nuanced than that. The riots by arab commoners broke out in the 1920s not because of an innate or irrational Jew-hatred
They were doing exactly what was being done in other Arabic nations. The Jews were being murdered in Baghdad, also. Does this not compute with you?

Quote:
but because Jews had been purchasing arab territory en masse from wealthier arab landowners
So now you are condemning the Jews for BUYING LAND??? You sound like one of those people who think it's rational for Arabs to put people to death for selling land to Jews. You are screwed-up more than you will ever realize. You are mentally warped.

Quote:
and the arabs were rightly or wrongly concerned about losing their authority over the land
Oh, you mean sort of like Texans would be justified in murdering Hispanics because they are rightly or wrongly concerned about losing authority, right???

Or perhaps people in Sweden who hate Africans should get all riled up and murder the Syrians who have been brought into their country as refugees. There are presently tens of thousands of Syrian Refugees in Sweden, kay?

It's not like the Palestinians would have been the first group of people who had to try to coexist with people who escaped to their land looking for refuge from persecution or poverty. Although there has always been a problem of racial oppression under such circumstances, the Palestinians were taking it to the point of violent pogroms.

Quote:
(a concern that now in hindsight, has been validated).
WHAT??? The Israelis were forced into that position, and you VERY WELL KNOW IT.

Persimmonpudding
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2014, 1:26 pm

thomas81 wrote:
I presume from your post content thus far you are Israeli.
I am as Goy as they come and American.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 6:24 am

I wouldn't bother. Basic facts get ignored by him. He'd be perfectly happy for the Arabs to commit a second Holocaust in the Middle East. He's said he'd vote for Hamas. No further discussion necessary.

Meanwhile, despite everything, Israel continues to prosper.