If there was an Autistic state would you migrate there?

Page 5 of 17 [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next

Would you move to a state for ASD people?
Yes 32%  32%  [ 28 ]
No 55%  55%  [ 48 ]
Maybe (state why) 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 88

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 8:44 am

What will happen to the non-AS people born in such a state? Will they be banished to NT-land?

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Dec 2014, 8:51 am

It's up to them. I'd imagine that many would want to live in NT-world. Perhaps we could have a Rumspinga-type ritual when they come of age.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 10:55 pm

I actually would consider it... but then again.. I would be concerned with the allocation of autistics all in one place. Most of society frowns upon autism, like having xenophobia. They either think you're completely ret*d, or a mastermind genius. I've been stereotyped too many times by neurotypicals to take a chance of living in a society that's completely like mine, as I feel it'd be more vulnerable.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Dec 2014, 11:02 pm

Autistics are no more intelligent than NTs, it would be the same stupid s**t with even less understanding of others than under the current systems.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 2:31 am

o0iella wrote:
It's up to them. I'd imagine that many would want to live in NT-world. Perhaps we could have a Rumspinga-type ritual when they come of age.

If the AS people don't force them out they will be outnumbered by the non-AS people in a few generations. Or you could force people who get pregnant to move back to NT-land, or banish their children. :twisted:

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 2:36 am

K_Kelly wrote:

I'm not sure what the political structure of such country would be like.

It would be "rule by the autistic". Which would make it...an "autocracy" of course!

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 3:07 pm

While we're half-serious about it, how do we propose to peacefully get autonomy anyway? Surely the current system is too broken for that.

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Dec 2014, 6:22 pm

Quote:
If the AS people don't force them out they will be outnumbered by the non-AS people in a few generations. Or you could force people who get pregnant to move back to NT-land, or banish their children.

That's assuming there is no immigration of autistic people from NT-world.

Quote:
Autistics are no more intelligent than NTs...

The current consensus in society is that we are defective and deficient compared to NT's. If this view became the prevailing consensus, then it would be a big step forward.

Quote:
While we're half-serious about it, how do we propose to peacefully get autonomy anyway? Surely the current system is too broken for that.

This will be the easiest part of nation-building. You simply go to an uninhabited patch of "terra nullius", plant a flag there, and declare this your country.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Dec 2014, 7:03 pm

I'm happy where I am (even with certain pathetic laws).

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2014, 11:57 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I am frankly heartbroken that such people exist on here who want to divide themselves from society and declare NTs as a whole to be our enemy. That they think they as a whole our out to get us, kill us or something.

This makes no sense. So every new country that was ever formed did so because it wanted to be 'enemies' with every other country beside it? Think this over...

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 12:01 am

Dox47 wrote:
Upon further reflection, a question occurs:

Did the OP realize that he was proposing Galt's Gulch? The irony is strong...

Er not really. Since there is no implication that 'Aut-land' or 'Aspergia' would be run by the ideology of Ayn Rand.

Certainly, not all Aspies are 'entrepreneurial titans' as she referred to them as. If anything, I would see it as being run on a far more altruist basis, set up to help and build up the least of us in order to give those a chance who would otherwise be doomed to privations under the NT paradigm.

Dox47 wrote:
Autistics are no more intelligent than NTs, it would be the same stupid s**t with even less understanding of others than under the current systems.

we are by no means any stupider either, so why are we less capable of administrating on behalf of our own interests?

My deviant art profile

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 12:07 am

trollcatman wrote:
What will happen to the non-AS people born in such a state? Will they be banished to NT-land?

Role reversal. In AS land, NT's will be the 'disabled' ones.

My deviant art profile

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2014, 11:58 am

Quote:
Would you move to a state for ASD people?

Not just no but hell no!
What would it be called, the State of Apathy?
:roll:

o0iella
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

21 Dec 2014, 10:30 am

Thomas81! Look at your PM's!

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2014, 1:07 pm

Why not an autist homeworld, out in the Kuiper Belt a few lightdays away..? No strong sunlight out there to cause sensory overload.

Is anyone going to actually build something, or just keep wishing?

dimwit79
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Dec 2014, 2:44 pm

I definitely wouldn't move there.

Aspies are too uneven. They have massive blind spots. They think they're Angels but if you get on the wrong side of their rigid belief systems they're closer to Devils. Wait until you've been summarily judged and punished by an aspie that totally has the wrong side of an argument and then you will know what I'm talking about. Talk about pigheaded, if an aspie thinks they're right when they're not we're talking UTTERLY unable to consider that possibility. Fine when they have no power, but complete tyrants when they're on a power trip.

All aspies should be required to go on a lifelong humility lesson before anyone considers giving them any sort of power. This is one of the harshest moderated forums on the Internet at times, sorry to say, and if this place is anything to go by it makes you realise that there's very little tolerance for dissent in aspie run places and that would make anything run by aspies a scary place to live indeed.