Page 4 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

AntDog
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 1:16 am

slenkar wrote:
AntDog wrote:
The type of idolatry with some Obama supporters in 2008 looked just like Nazi Germany's of Hitler. Labels like Messiah, The One, and videos of people chanting his name were prime examples. When I was in high school in 08 particularly with black teachers they had huge posters of him in the classrooms and would not stop talking about him. If you were against Obama you were cast out as a racist by students, bullied, and some of the teachers would go crazy on you.
There was nothing of that magnitude happening with Bush.

That sounds like a bad high school experience.

With Bush, his supporters just trusted him unquestioningly which was bad also.

It was so bad I ended up skipping school one day just because of it.
Later in 2009 when he gave a speech to students on TV they said I had the option of opting out of the speech in the cafeteria, what did I find? The cafeteria was filled with Obama worshipers staring at me (WTF?)! :x So I just ran out of there and skipped class.
In those 2 incidents I didn't get in trouble luckily :) but schools have some serious problems if teachers are allowed to act the way I had to deal with in 8th, 9th, and 10th grades.
I don't get why is it that bibles are banned but bullying inducing Obama worship is okay in schools? :?:

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 8:47 am

yeah there is supposed to be a seperation between church and state
:D

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 11:43 pm

This blog is quite interesting

http://www.petersaysstuff.com/2014/05/a ... eath-toll/

Quote:
Ignoring other big wars due to capitalism and only focusing on US action and only including one year for things that are systemic (ie. poverty), which is being really damn conservative because Japan engaged in brutal imperialism, we get a total of 205,000,000 killed directly or indirectly because of capitalism.

So please, before you go waving Rummel around or you throw around “look how many people Communism killed!!”, think for a second and look at the data.

Note: This is by no means a complete list and I, just like everyone else, am prone to errors. But I feel like the fact that every number is sourced at least once and easily verifiable speaks for itself. If you have an issue, please let me know.

My deviant art profile

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:32 am

Could be capitalism. In no other system could I see so many preventeble fatalities.

RushKing
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:38 am

heavenlyabyss
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 6:23 am

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

You know what f***s people over. Their f*****g brains. f**k those brains.

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 9:10 am

thomas81 wrote:

Quote:
Ignoring other big wars due to capitalism and only focusing on US action and only including one year for things that are systemic (ie. poverty), which is being really damn conservative because Japan engaged in brutal imperialism, we get a total of 205,000,000 killed directly or indirectly because of capitalism.

So please, before you go waving Rummel around or you throw around “look how many people Communism killed!!”, think for a second and look at the data.

Note: This is by no means a complete list and I, just like everyone else, am prone to errors. But I feel like the fact that every number is sourced at least once and easily verifiable speaks for itself. If you have an issue, please let me know.

he says famine killed most of the soviets and chinese, but doesnt say that the farms were seized by the government just before all these famines....

The starvation of 1 million Ukranians by the soviets is proof that it is possible that they purposefully starved people back then.

When he tries to calculate the death toll of captialism he includes 100,000,000 slaves, but capitalism isn't related to slavery or we would have slaves today. Slavery is a side-issue, that interacts with capitalism.

Counting children that die of preventable diseases, if you saved every child in Africa that died of preventable diseases the governments of the US and Europe would have to foot the bill, someone has to pay for the doctors and medicine unless you want to enslave the doctors.
After this we would have over-population in Africa with all it's difficulties, including mass starvation.

The death toll of US adventurism and anti-soviet activities is pretty bad (if those numbers are true)

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 10:48 am

slenkar wrote:
thomas81 wrote:

Quote:

he says famine killed most of the soviets and chinese, but doesnt say that the farms were seized by the government just before all these famines....

The starvation of 1 million Ukranians by the soviets is proof that it is possible that they purposefully starved people back then.

When he tries to calculate the death toll of captialism he includes 100,000,000 slaves, but capitalism isn't related to slavery or we would have slaves today. Slavery is a side-issue, that interacts with capitalism.

Counting children that die of preventable diseases, if you saved every child in Africa that died of preventable diseases the governments of the US and Europe would have to foot the bill, someone has to pay for the doctors and medicine unless you want to enslave the doctors.
After this we would have over-population in Africa with all it's difficulties, including mass starvation.

The death toll of US adventurism and anti-soviet activities is pretty bad (if those numbers are true)

Hang on though, if capitalism had had its way, slavery would very much still be in existance were it not for factors outside of its control not least progressive changes in social attitudes. Slavery was abolished not because the capitalists woke up one morning and suddenly decided to be 'nice'. It stopped because it became untenable due to resistance by slaves and the march of scientific progress. The industrial revolution made the mass use of slave manpower redundant. Capitalism's entire mode of operation is based around wealth accumulation for the minimum price which is why it makes sense for it wherever human toll is needed. As is the concentration of wealth resulting in wholesale death by starvation in developing countries. If that isn't capitalism manifest I don't know what is.

As for the Russian starving 1 million Ukrainians its just as provable that the British empire starved at least as many Irish during the potato famine through the gentrification of land forcing people to live on blight ridden crops.

My deviant art profile

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:07 am

I dont really know much about the Irish potato famine but I was always told it was because of the blight, not unfair practices.

Slavery in Africa (with African slave owners) was ended by British people, so that would be capitalists ending slavery in a place that wasn't capitalist. That throws a wrench into that little theory doesn't it?

620,000 Americans died in a civil war that was justified partly by Lincoln wanting to end slavery.

There was wholesale death in third world countries due to starvation before capitalism, this is why the population of India only got big fairly recently.

Last edited by slenkar on 29 Jan 2015, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:15 am

slenkar wrote:
I dont really know much about the Irish potato famine but I was always told it was because of the blight, not unfair practices.

Slavery in Africa (with African slave owners) was ended by British people, so that would be capitalists ending slavery in a place that wasn't capitalist. That throws a wrench into that little theory doesn't it?

There was wholesale death in third world countries due to starvation before capitalism, this is why the population of India only got big fairly recently.

The potatoes were affected by blight, the resulting starved Irish were affected by U.K. policies which withheld aid.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 11:30 am

slenkar wrote:

It was a combination of the two. When the British empire siezed control of Ireland, landowners from England raised the rent on land forcing poor Irish out of the farmlands that were suitable for husbandry and richer agriculture. This meant that poor Irish could only afford to live in ghettos where the only form of crop that could be effectively grown were potatoes. This is what led to the Irish potato substinance diet. The British effectively caused the potato famine indirectly by curtailing the Irish access to better farmlands in their own country whenever the blight arrived. Much like Stalin starved the Ukrainians, the British could have stopped the famine at any time by relinquishing control of the food supplies.
slenkar wrote:

Like I said the end of slavery was caused by many factors, not least resistance by slaves and by changing attitudes within western countries. The arrival of steam power that led to the industrial revolution hence making slavery mostly redundant was a coincidental factor that could have happened with or without capitalism. However semi slavery still lanquished for many years after through indentured servitude and wage-slavery.
slenkar wrote:

I'm not really sure what point you're getting at here. There was wholesale death in Ireland during and because of capitalism as i've already explained. Capitalism serves a certain utility once it enables a society to get out of feudalist or pre capitalist restraints. Even Karl Marx conceded this point. However the problems come when too few resources and concentrated in too few hands. Thats when it begins to outgrow its use.

My deviant art profile

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:36 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
The potatoes were affected by blight, the resulting starved Irish were affected by U.K. policies which withheld aid.

Britain was a capitalist dictatorship during the 19th century, and blight is caused by greed.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:41 pm

Humanaut wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:

Britain was a capitalist dictatorship during the 19th century, and blight is caused by greed.

*slow hand clap*

Blight is a disease that affects potatoes.

Under the supervision of domineering empires, famines are a controlled way of removing unwanted populations and making it look like natural causes. Ask any opponents of the Soviet Union re: Ukraine, they will tell you the same thing.

My deviant art profile

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:51 pm

The Irish potato famine was a genocidal conspiracy orchestrated by evil capitalists in an effort to exterminate the entire Irish race.

thomas81
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 1:15 pm

Humanaut wrote:
The Irish potato famine was a genocidal conspiracy orchestrated by evil capitalists in an effort to exterminate the entire Irish race.

Oh you are so edgy aren't you. Any transgression against Israel or western interests I notice you are up in arms against. When said group is responsible for actual crimes its suddenly a subject of hilarity and jest.

My deviant art profile

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 1:20 pm

The Irish potato famine was due mostly to lack of genetic diversity in Irish Potatoes (1 variety), however the political response was very slow.

It is a good idea how conservative values are actually adopted liberal polices, such as repealing the corn laws.