Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 11:58 am

link

Quote:
South Carolina state Sen. Thomas Corbin reportedly explained that you can make fun of women because “Well, you know God created man first. Then he took the rib out of man to make woman. And you know, a rib is a lesser cut of meat.”

Honestly...really?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 12:48 pm

Wow!

Charming guy.

But at least he views both genders as "meat". So he is objectifies himself as well apparently.

But I thought it was called "prime rib".

It was Adam who was composed of the chitlins, and other byproducts.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 1:06 pm

I guess he was trying to be funny. On a related note I have actually met otherwise intelligent adults who have insisted to me that men have one less rib than women because God took one from Adam.

Also, how the hell is this guy from South Carolina and gonna put down ribs? There's nothing better than some good ole BBQ ribs that have been on the grill all day long. I'd rather have ribs than a Boston Butt, even though I like them very much too.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 1:28 pm

OliveOilMom wrote:
Also, how the hell is this guy from South Carolina and gonna put down ribs? There's nothing better than some good ole BBQ ribs that have been on the grill all day long. I'd rather have ribs than a Boston Butt, even though I like them very much too.

Yum... BBQ ribs!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 6:56 pm

It's just a bunch of crap, perhaps meant to be funny.

It's a reflection of the old "patriarchy" view of male-female relations, though, so it might evoke a reaction.

It's something to be ignored, really.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Feb 2015, 7:27 pm

http://www.fitsnews.com/2015/02/11/sc-s ... -cut-meat/

more detailed story

Seems like he's was being facetious, joking but not really. Guy is a dick, they're both Republicans so it isn't even partisan dickery.

I followed SC politics a little bit the other year with Lindsey Graham's primary, they've elected some real characters that make this guy look like the saint. Look up John Hawkins.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 7:58 pm

It still amazes me that in western culture there are still people who think that way, that women are second and only created as a helper companion, just a step above the animals. They also follow Paul in thinking that women aren't to be trusted because it was Eve who tempted Adam.

Still, I guess we've progressed somewhat in the last hundred years.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Narrator
Veteran
Veteran

13 Feb 2015, 8:54 pm

It still amazes me that in western culture there are still people who think that way, that women are second and only created as a helper companion, just a step above the animals. They also follow Paul in thinking that women aren't to be trusted because it was Eve who tempted Adam.

Still, I guess we've progressed somewhat in the last hundred years.

And a blank look rarely means a blank mind.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:52 am

androbot01 wrote:
link
Quote:
South Carolina state Sen. Thomas Corbin reportedly explained that you can make fun of women because “Well, you know God created man first. Then he took the rib out of man to make woman. And you know, a rib is a lesser cut of meat.”

Honestly...really?

I'd not fret too much about it too much if I were you. He lives in South Carolina and you live in Ontario. All S. Carolina is to you is a place to stop for gas and/or a bite to eat on the way to and from South Ontario (a.k.a. Florida).....

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:55 am

Quote:
...statements reflecting his belief that women do not belong in the S.C. General Assembly and should instead be “at home baking cookies” or “barefoot and pregnant.”

Quote:
At one point in the conversation – which quickly escalated into a confrontation – Shealy is said to have angrily asked Corbin where he “got off” attacking women.

His response – overheard by numerous lobbyists and fellow lawmakers – was one for the ages.

“Well, you know God created man first,” Corbin said, reportedly smirking at Shealy. “Then he took the rib out of man to make woman. And you know, a rib is a lesser cut of meat.”

This guy sounds like a real dufus.

androbot01
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:58 am

Raptor wrote:
I'd not fret too much about it too much if I were you. He lives in South Carolina and you live in Ontario. All S. Carolina is to you is a place to stop for gas and/or a bite to eat on the way to and from South Ontario (a.k.a. Florida).....

If I don't fret what will I have to do?
I would so love to be in Florida right now! We just got hit with another 7 cm.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 12:17 pm

androbot01 wrote:
Raptor wrote:

If I don't fret what will I have to do?
I would so love to be in Florida right now! We just got hit with another 7 cm.

I think it's cold just about everywhere in the east today....

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 3:36 pm

The trouble is, this guy got elected by the same kind of teabagging crackers who probably believe the same things he does. He's almost certainly not an isolated case.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 9:59 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
The trouble is, this guy got elected by the same kind of teabagging crackers who probably believe the same things he does. He's almost certainly not an isolated case.

Last time I looked at a map S. Carolina and Washington were on opposite sides of the country so why sweat it. That state will continue to be a red state in the foreseeable future no matter what that one senator says.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:03 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Last time I looked at a map S. Carolina and Washington were on opposite sides of the country so why sweat it. That state will continue to be a red state in the foreseeable future no matter what that one senator says.

That doesn't mean I have to like it.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

14 Feb 2015, 10:48 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

That doesn't mean I have to like it.

So move to S. Carolina and vote against him.