Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 5:29 pm

http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.co ... /anti_vaxx

Seriously, I wish they could get hit with the diseases they are subjecting their and other children to and die miserable, horrible deaths from them. It would only be just, the stupid, f*****g motherf***ers.

[MOD EDIT for profanity]

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2015, 11:56 pm

No argument from me!

Syd
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 12:02 am

They're as bad as the Scientologists spreading misinformation about Psychology and Psychiatry.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jan 2015, 12:44 am

Vaccines can cause reactions, they're safe in so much that they probably have a lower rate of adverse effects than the illness on average usually but I personally wouldn't get one unless the illness posed a significant threat to me. You have to remember a vaccine is basically putting a form of the virus or whatever in your body. When my brother was a baby he apparently had a bad reaction to some vaccine(I'd have to ask my mom which one) and may of suffered brain damage resulting from it according to my mom at least. My brother also had a difficult birth and had epilepsy so those probably contributed as well too.

I doubt I'm the only one that doesn't bother with the flu vaccine which rarely works any, measles while unpleasant isn't really a deadly disease any more than the common flu(which kills a significant amount more people per 100,000) so I'm not going to stay up at night worrying about it. It isn't ebola. I think the chance of actually dying from measles is roughly the same as having complications from the vaccine. I don't think HPV or Hep B vaccines are really necessary for children as long they are sharing needles or having unprotected sex with strangers. Anybody want to get a polio or small pox vaccine? I think hyperfocusing on autism ignores the other potential adverse effects that vaccines can potentially have and it's all potential either way, at what number per 100,000 do you put a significant risk?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 1:00 am

beneficii wrote:

Seriously, I wish they could get hit with the diseases they are subjecting their and other children to and die miserable, horrible deaths from them. It would only be just, the stupid, f*****g motherf***ers.

The suggestion among some anti-vaxxers in the article that vaccinations might cause homosexuality takes the cake!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

14 Jan 2015, 12:12 pm

Jacoby wrote:
I doubt I'm the only one that doesn't bother with the flu vaccine which rarely works any, measles while unpleasant isn't really a deadly disease any more than the common flu(which kills a significant amount more people per 100,000) so I'm not going to stay up at night worrying about it. It isn't ebola. I think the chance of actually dying from measles is roughly the same as having complications from the vaccine.

You and I might be fairly safe from measles, but not everyone is. We need to be vaccinated to provide herd immunity for young babies, the elderly, and the immuno-compromised (and fwiw, measles is deadlier than the 'flu across all age ranges). You're wrong about dying v complications, and in any case, that seems a strange comparison - surely you'd be better off comparing dying from measles with dying from the vaccine?

The 'flu vaccine is actually quite effective.

Quote:
Anybody want to get a polio or small pox vaccine?

Smallpox vaccines generally aren't offered, and polio vaccines only to those travelling to or living in affected areas.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

14 Jan 2015, 1:12 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Jacoby wrote:
I doubt I'm the only one that doesn't bother with the flu vaccine which rarely works any, measles while unpleasant isn't really a deadly disease any more than the common flu(which kills a significant amount more people per 100,000) so I'm not going to stay up at night worrying about it. It isn't ebola. I think the chance of actually dying from measles is roughly the same as having complications from the vaccine.

You and I might be fairly safe from measles, but not everyone is. We need to be vaccinated to provide herd immunity for young babies, the elderly, and the immuno-compromised (and fwiw, measles is deadlier than the 'flu across all age ranges). You're wrong about dying v complications, and in any case, that seems a strange comparison - surely you'd be better off comparing dying from measles with dying from the vaccine?

Quote:

Smallpox vaccines generally aren't offered, and polio vaccines only to those travelling to or living in affected areas.

I believe some places in the US mandate polio vaccines still, somebody told me that they're pretty unpleasant.

As for comparing death to complications, my point is basically that the illness which may be very unpleasant for few weeks may be preferable to complications that can last a lifetime and I used my brother's brain damage as an example. Complications from vaccines aren't a total conspiracy, claims about autism and homosexuality I think just come from the fact that they're just unexplained phenomenon that we can't point to a cause yet. I think there is a lot of fear mongering on both sides of this issue, for most vaccines it isn't an issue of life or death and a lot of them are more about lifestyle(like Hep B, HPV, etc.) or have questionable effectiveness given the amount of strains(such as the flu) so I don't see the point. I get the whole "herd immunity" thing but my priorities are with myself and my own, personally if I had measles I would most likely self quarantine which wouldn't even be that big of an adjustment for me. :P That's why I brought up the flu vaccine which I think most people skip out on, if someone that is so passionate about this herd immunity then I expect them to be getting multiple flu vaccinations(for the many strains) every year otherwise I think it would be kind of hypocritical don't you think?

As for death from measles, the number of deaths from it I think are less than 2 per 100,000 and complications being almost roughly the same, I don't know if that is exactly true about the measles vaccine(which I think is usually done with the mumps and rubella at the same time) I would have to ask my mom as she knows a lot more about than me.

My general philosophy when it comes to medicine is to avoid unnecessary procedures whenever given the choice and something being mandated on me by the government just gives me more reason to resist it as the trust just isn't there. Can you blame me for that? I don't think they care about me as an individual as much as they do Big Pharma and big business in general. That's not even really conspiratorial, now population control maybe is but lets not pretend like elites have never had any ideas about that.

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 4:18 pm

beneficii wrote:

[MOD EDIT for profanity]

I just get an error when clicking on the link.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 5:29 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
beneficii wrote:

The suggestion among some anti-vaxxers in the article that vaccinations might cause homosexuality takes the cake!

Shook my head when I saw that too.

napper44
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 Jan 2015, 9:24 pm

As someone who ended up with CIDP from an H1N1 flu vaccination, i feel there is just not enough testing being done on the vaccines before their rolled out to the public. Most vaccines have been used for decades and are proven safe, but the yearly flu one is rushed to market with virtually no testing.
Won't catch me getting a flu shot ever again :-)

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 9:35 pm

Jono wrote:

Me too. Are these the people who say vaccines cause autism? If so, hmm. Giving your child a greater chance of acquiring a potentially life-threatening disease? Just so he or she won't have a marginally (if anything) higher chance of getting a disorder that doesn't affect anyone's life and only makes the person different from the norm? Makes sense to me.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jan 2015, 11:39 pm

The Disney outbreak affected adults too. However, most adults I know are anti-vaccination because:

1) why risk it?
2) it costs money
3) they don't think about it until it matters

The CDC recommends
Adults who do not have evidence of immunity against measles should get at least one dose of MMR vaccine. [source 1]

Has anyone here actually done the "right thing" and got this shot or is this all hypocritical talk ? I would estimate that most people by default are anti-vaccines.

source 1:
http://www.cdc.gov/measles/vaccination.html

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 12:11 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
The Disney outbreak affected adults too. However, most adults I know are anti-vaccination because:

1) why risk it?
2) it costs money
3) they don't think about it until it matters

The CDC recommends
Adults who do not have evidence of immunity against measles should get at least one dose of MMR vaccine. [source 1]

Has anyone here actually done the "right thing" and got this shot or is this all hypocritical talk ? I would estimate that most people by default are anti-vaccines.

source 1:
http://www.cdc.gov/measles/vaccination.html

I had all my childhood vaccinations, as well as the flu shot, and I've gotten my daughter all her shots. I am not anti-vaccination by any stretch.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 1:07 am

Jacoby wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Jacoby wrote:

Quote:

I believe some places in the US mandate polio vaccines still, somebody told me that they're pretty unpleasant.

As for comparing death to complications, my point is basically that the illness which may be very unpleasant for few weeks may be preferable to complications that can last a lifetime and I used my brother's brain damage as an example. Complications from vaccines aren't a total conspiracy, claims about autism and homosexuality I think just come from the fact that they're just unexplained phenomenon that we can't point to a cause yet. I think there is a lot of fear mongering on both sides of this issue, for most vaccines it isn't an issue of life or death and a lot of them are more about lifestyle(like Hep B, HPV, etc.) or have questionable effectiveness given the amount of strains(such as the flu) so I don't see the point. I get the whole "herd immunity" thing but my priorities are with myself and my own, personally if I had measles I would most likely self quarantine which wouldn't even be that big of an adjustment for me. :P That's why I brought up the flu vaccine which I think most people skip out on, if someone that is so passionate about this herd immunity then I expect them to be getting multiple flu vaccinations(for the many strains) every year otherwise I think it would be kind of hypocritical don't you think?

As for death from measles, the number of deaths from it I think are less than 2 per 100,000 and complications being almost roughly the same, I don't know if that is exactly true about the measles vaccine(which I think is usually done with the mumps and rubella at the same time) I would have to ask my mom as she knows a lot more about than me.

My general philosophy when it comes to medicine is to avoid unnecessary procedures whenever given the choice and something being mandated on me by the government just gives me more reason to resist it as the trust just isn't there. Can you blame me for that? I don't think they care about me as an individual as much as they do Big Pharma and big business in general. That's not even really conspiratorial, now population control maybe is but lets not pretend like elites have never had any ideas about that.

my polio vaccine was a tasteless drop of medicine on a sugar cube. i ate it. no reaction. my ex-fiance is blind in one eye from measles. there are many important bad sequelae of disease other than death.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 6:25 am

Jono wrote:
beneficii wrote:

[MOD EDIT for profanity]

The new forum software often cuts off the link, happened here too:
Clearly where the dots are is where the software shortened it, there is a bit missing.

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2015, 6:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
beneficii wrote:

Shook my head when I saw that too.

The implication is that the child is better off dead than homosexual... in their messed up minds.