Page 2 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:26 pm

ZenDen wrote:
I'd respect them more if they would only LEAVE THE WHALES ALONE.

That's like someone killing elephants to eat their trunks (or whatever), while everyone else in the world is working toward saving them as a species.

As nice as they are the Japanese have some cruel twists, none of which is responsible for the latest atrocities.

Well, maybe we need to leave the cows, pigs and chickens alone? Why is it okay to pick on these but no other animal? If you want them to stop what they do, be prepared for them to make their demands right back.

Countries like Japan and the Alaskan natives get their food from the sea because they live in areas that are tough to grow food in so they take what they can and their quotas are small.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 27 Jan 2015, 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:27 pm

The whales are on the edge of extinction.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:30 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
The whales are on the edge of extinction.

There's a world wide moratorium on whaling and this should make the numbers increase dramatically. With very few being hunted, we should see their numbers go up.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

How did ISIS acquire the Japanese hostages to behead anyways? That is sad, but nothing new since ISIS has been doing this kind of thing a while now. Either way I am not going anywhere near any regions where ISIS resides on a large scale as I like my head...attached.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

I don't deny, taking food from the sea is horrible but to me, all business of acquiring nutrients is. It just isn't the most pleasant aspect of life and in the US, we have millions of animals no one wants because if someone passes a law banning animal ownership, or at the very least, require very specific permits to breed dogs and cats and if you do not have yours spayed, you are subjected to a hefty fine by the state, which makes so much sense to me. If anyone proposes such a law, a tidal wave of people rise up hollering their precious freedoms are being taken away and then they condemn hunters who are trying to find food.

Well, look at yourself first and how you refuse to do what is obviously in the best interest of animals. It just seems logical, if we are euthanizing them, then we are breeding too many of them and we should have laws preventing over breeding.

We live in a society with millions of animals without homes yet we are so quick to hate a country like Japan because it is hunting animals for food. It's a disgrace. Why won't people work on these problems first? They are the glaring elephant in the room.

If I were running things, I would be very unpopular and despised because I would write and put into effect a law right away saying if you have dogs and cats, they must be spayed unless you have a permit. I would pretty much enact a moratorium on animal breeding in the US. It would be a thousand times more regulated than it is now.

ISIS got a hold of the Japanese hostages a few months back, August, I think, and they are trying to show up the Yemen Al Qaeda group. Basically, they are beheading them now for publicity.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 2:44 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

ISIS got a hold of the Japanese hostages a few months back, August, I think, and they are trying to show up the Yemen Al Qaeda group. Basically, they are beheading them now for publicity.

I guess I was more wondering did these people go to the middle east region where ISIS is operating rather strongly and then were captured...or did ISIS somehow like kidnap them out of Japan? Also they must be really craving negative publicity at least as far as from most of the world, I suppose ISIS enthusiasts would cheer these things on.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 2:52 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I guess I was more wondering did these people go to the middle east region where ISIS is operating rather strongly and then were captured...or did ISIS somehow like kidnap them out of Japan? Also they must be really craving negative publicity at least as far as from most of the world, I suppose ISIS enthusiasts would cheer these things on.

One's a journalist and the other is the head of a security company. They were in the region and the Islamic State kidnapped them. The drop in oil prices is no doubt hurting the Islamic state because they tried to get 200 million dollars from Japan to let the hostages go.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 3:10 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The drop in oil prices is no doubt hurting the Islamic state because they tried to get 200 million dollars from Japan to let the hostages go.

They still have operational oil fields?

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Jan 2015, 4:11 pm

Do none of you guys know that there is a crazy right wing military party running japan again that wants to recreate imperial japan?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 4:54 pm

Humanaut wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The drop in oil prices is no doubt hurting the Islamic state because they tried to get 200 million dollars from Japan to let the hostages go.

Maybe they are funded by Iran?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 4:58 pm

Orangez wrote:
Do none of you guys know that there is a crazy right wing military party running japan again that wants to recreate imperial japan?

There's all kinds of bad seeds in politics. No reason to hate everyone from a place. A lot of times, there's people in power I don't want to see but they end up there anyway. Would you hate me even if I didn't vote for the guy just because I live in a country where the majority voted for them, or, they were forced on a population?

Also, not everyone in Japan supports the hunting of these whales and dolphins. I challenge people to look at themselves before pointing the finger at others because, at least in the US, we are a terrible, terrible nation when it comes to the way animals are treated. Freedom always comes first.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2015, 5:00 pm

Koichi Toyama for World Emperor!

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2015, 3:49 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Humanaut wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Maybe they are funded by Iran?

No, Iran is even fighting them. Iran is Shia, ISIS is Sunni. These people have opposed each other for some 1000 years.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 8:55 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
ZenDen wrote:
I'd respect them more if they would only LEAVE THE WHALES ALONE.

That's like someone killing elephants to eat their trunks (or whatever), while everyone else in the world is working toward saving them as a species.

As nice as they are the Japanese have some cruel twists, none of which is responsible for the latest atrocities.

Well, maybe we need to leave the cows, pigs and chickens alone? Why is it okay to pick on these but no other animal? If you want them to stop what they do, be prepared for them to make their demands right back.

Countries like Japan and the Alaskan natives get their food from the sea because they live in areas that are tough to grow food in so they take what they can and their quotas are small.

You say: " Why is it okay to pick on these but no other animal?" and they "get their food from the sea."

Do you not understand the seriousness of extinction? Do you feel it has something to do with whether you eat a hot dog, or not? My, or your, views of eating meat and subjecting animals to torture has nothing to do with extinction of either whales or the Japanese peoples. Maybe a different thread thread????????????????

The Japanese are pigs for valuing their disgusting gustatory tradition over the extinction of these highly intelligent and beautiful beings.

Humanaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 12:45 pm

ZenDen wrote:
The Japanese are pigs for valuing their disgusting gustatory tradition over the extinction of these highly intelligent and beautiful beings.

Whales are not very intelligent, and the Japanese are not hunting endangered species. Tender whale meat is delicious.

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jan 2015, 3:40 pm

Humanaut wrote:
ZenDen wrote:

Whales are not very intelligent, and the Japanese are not hunting endangered species. Tender whale meat is delicious.

I actually want to try whale meat some time. The Inuit people in the far north here harvest whales occasionally, with special permission from the government, of course. I think whaling can be done sustainably, as long as endangered species aren't being hunted, and nothing goes to waste.