Atheist kills muslims and Gun Control a bad thing?

Page 16 of 19 [ 303 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 9:12 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, don't accuse me of lying anymore, then I won't question his or your Asperger's.

Stop lying, and I won't point it out anymore.

Also, you just admitted to making an unfounded personal attack out of pure spite, very naughty.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

Seriously, do you even have Asperger's? You look at the rest of us, and tells us from reading our posts from when our blood is up, that we must have problems beyond high functioning autism. Well guess what, our quirkiness, and anything that you pick out of our posts that you find odd or disturbing ARE symptoms of Asperger's! I have to think that you are pretty close to being an NT.
And yes, I admit I don't know much about guns, but I do know something about the various political "tribes," and that gun fetishists out there are irrational and out and out cruel when it comes to their gun rights. And no, I am not calling ordinary gun owners like you gun fetishists.
As far as "house rules" are concerned: but it is a simple, black and white issue. Refusing to serve someone in a business open to the public, because they belong to a group that is hated, is wrong. It doesn't get any simpler than that. You're looking at this from the perspective of a business owner. I'm looking at it from the perspective of social oppression.

1. Since when is being intentionally obtuse and intellectually dishonest symptomatucof Asperger's syndrome.

2. If the best you can do is to accuse someone of faking Asperger's because they disagree with you does not say
anything very flattering about you....

Well, don't accuse me of lying anymore, then I won't question his or your Asperger's.

I don't believe I called you a liar.
But I did accuse you of being deliberately obtuse and intellectually dishonest. Are you going to try and tell me you're not?
Intellectual dishonesty is a failure to apply standards of rational evaluation that one is aware of, usually in a self-serving fashion.

Your BBF Dox did. I tend to associate the two of you with one another, as you're constantly defending one another in your mutual admiration society.

:lol: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
You're too much, and on top of that you're jealous.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 9:14 pm

Fnord wrote:
This thread has degenerated into personal attacks.

If I were a mod, I'd lock it.

Still angling for that mod job?

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 9:36 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
This thread has degenerated into personal attacks.

If I were a mod, I'd lock it.

Still angling for that mod job?

I already turned it down but if I accepted you very possibly wouldn't be posting here by now...

AS you continue to personally attack Bill by calling him a Liar and still have not presented any evidence of that but empty rhetoric.

Haha! It's your lucky day. I'm not a MOD. ;)

And have a good day, as everyone here but you, apparently, can see 'write' through ya..;)

And yeah, I would have locked this thread a long time ago, too...

But apparently, no one's complaining to those in charge, and that's OK, as I don't mind helping out, as I breeze in and out of here, for a few minutes, a couple of times a day....

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

Seriously, do you even have Asperger's? You look at the rest of us, and tells us from reading our posts from when our blood is up, that we must have problems beyond high functioning autism. Well guess what, our quirkiness, and anything that you pick out of our posts that you find odd or disturbing ARE symptoms of Asperger's! I have to think that you are pretty close to being an NT.
And yes, I admit I don't know much about guns, but I do know something about the various political "tribes," and that gun fetishists out there are irrational and out and out cruel when it comes to their gun rights. And no, I am not calling ordinary gun owners like you gun fetishists.
As far as "house rules" are concerned: but it is a simple, black and white issue. Refusing to serve someone in a business open to the public, because they belong to a group that is hated, is wrong. It doesn't get any simpler than that. You're looking at this from the perspective of a business owner. I'm looking at it from the perspective of social oppression.

1. Since when is being intentionally obtuse and intellectually dishonest symptomatucof Asperger's syndrome.

2. If the best you can do is to accuse someone of faking Asperger's because they disagree with you does not say

But I did accuse you of being deliberately obtuse and intellectually dishonest. Are you going to try and tell me you're not?
Intellectual dishonesty is a failure to apply standards of rational evaluation that one is aware of, usually in a self-serving fashion.

Your BBF Dox did. I tend to associate the two of you with one another, as you're constantly defending one another in your mutual admiration society.

Jealous of what? No, seriously.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 10:21 pm

Dox-

This has degenerated into name calling, and I for one admit I was petty for it. I can only hope you can concede the same thing for calling me a liar. I am not a liar.
As for businesses being able to deny service to those they wish to exclude - if you're talking about an individual who has been disruptive, or has committed a crime on the premises, then that's obviously a good reason. But when it comes to race, or sexual orientation, or religion, etc, then no; it's a simple, black and white moral issue. As I stated before, such practices only exist to keep an unpopular group excluded or oppressed, and is never, ever right. As I've observed countless times, I know you are not a racist, so somewhere inside your my-way-or-the-highway soul, you have to know what I'm saying has moral credence.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 10:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

This has degenerated into name calling, and I for one admit I was petty for it. I can only hope you can concede the same thing for calling me a liar. I am not a liar.

Maybe not an intentional one, but you do say things that are not true on a regular basis, this being one of the clearest examples that I can think of off hand:

http://dev.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=265088&start=120#p6214291

When you misquote, falsely attribute, and straw-man me constantly, what else am I supposed to think? Either you're being intentionally deceptive, or you have a combination of memory and cognitive impairments that makes talking to you at all pointless; pick one.

I'm also done talking about private property rights in this thread, it's completely OT, and a transparent attempt by you to tie me to a belief that you consider damning because you don't understand it and think race is enough of a third rail to make me look bad.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

That's the effed up part; you were serious when you made that "mutual admiration society" remark.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:09 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

Maybe not an intentional one, but you do say things that are not true on a regular basis, this being one of the clearest examples that I can think of off hand:

http://dev.wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=265088&start=120#p6214291

When you misquote, falsely attribute, and straw-man me constantly, what else am I supposed to think? Either you're being intentionally deceptive, or you have a combination of memory and cognitive impairments that makes talking to you at all pointless; pick one.

I'm also done talking about private property rights in this thread, it's completely OT, and a transparent attempt by you to tie me to a belief that you consider damning because you don't understand it and think race is enough of a third rail to make me look bad.

You know, I was trying to be conciliatory. And no, I wasn't trying to make you look bad with the private property rights issue; rather, it's something I very much believe has limits. I brought the subject up in the first place to demonstrate how you tow the libertarian party line, even if it clashes with your enlightened view on race.
And just to make a point clear, I was ONLY talking about the fringe element of the gun rights movement. It was you and Dirty Harry who got bent out of shape thinking I was describing all gun owners as gun fetishists. Admittedly, that was the point I had been making when I had brought it up with Dirty Harry in the first place.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:13 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

That's the effed up part; you were serious when you made that "mutual admiration society" remark.

And that makes me "jealous" how? And how do you know I was serious by using the term, "mutual admiration Society?" How do you know I wasn't inserting a little bit of humor?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:23 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox-

And that makes me "jealous" how? And how do you know I was serious by using the term, "mutual admiration Society?" How do you know I wasn't inserting a little bit of humor?

Yeah, I guess maybe you're not jealous. After all, it seems you and aghogday have each other.
I fancy myself too much of a philistine to translate meaning out of that pseudo-poetry peppered with CAPS that passes for responses he's been famous for over the past few years but I did gather that he's trying to protect you here.
How sweet.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:26 pm

Raptor-

As I recall, this whole war of the keyboards started when you blindsided me with an unprovoked attack. Just how do expect me to respond?

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:27 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
You know, I was trying to be conciliatory.

I understand that, but I need you to understand what it is that I'm saying, that you regularly misrepresent my views, and THAT is what is pissing me off here, not any disagreement on any area of policy or opinion. I'm very precise with my words because it's important to me to express my opinions clearly and accurately, and it's extremely offensive to me to have someone distort my views, intentionally or not. Until you understand that, this is going to continue to be an issue, as it has been for years at this point.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And no, I wasn't trying to make you look bad with the private property rights issue; rather, it's something I very much believe has limits. I brought the subject up in the first place to demonstrate how you tow the libertarian party line, even if it clashes with your enlightened view on race.

Again, this is an area where you don't understand my views, as my beliefs have nothing to do with libertarian orthodoxy and everything to do with my belief that limiting state power is more important to the big picture than any local injustices created by merchants putting bigotry ahead of profits, as well as my belief that forcing people to hide their racism doesn't make them tolerant, only resentful. There is no clash between my views on race and on property, it's exactly like my belief in free speech that doesn't stop at speech that I disagree with or find harmful.

Remember, I didn't even call myself a libertarian until relatively recently, and even then only as a short-hand for my iconoclastic beliefs, so saying I'm influenced by libertarianism is putting the chicken before the egg.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And just to make a point clear, I was ONLY talking about the fringe element of the gun rights movement. It was you and Dirty Harry who got bent out of shape thinking I was describing all gun owners as gun fetishists. Admittedly, that was the point I had been making when I had brought it up with Dirty Harry in the first place.

You used a term to wind us up, and you succeeded. Congrats?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:33 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Dirty Harry here.
Don't you think the continuous rehashing of the "fringe element's" conduct post-Sandy Hook is getting a little worn out?

I don't recall you answering when I asked if you thought it was equally distasteful for the opportunistic anti-gun lobby and their pet politicians to seize the opportunity to try (and in some cases succeed) in passing anti-gun legislation in the emotional wake of that incident.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:37 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor-

As I recall, this whole war of the keyboards started when you blindsided me with an unprovoked attack. Just how do expect me to respond?

And where was this "unprovoked attack" exactly? We're up to 17 pages of this s**t so at least tell me what page it was on.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2015, 11:38 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Raptor-

You mean this?

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
^^^
Guns aren't going anywhere. To say otherwise is just right wing propaganda to keep the crackers hating liberals.

It is paranoid to believe that there even could be a nationwide gun confiscation. However, legislation to incrementally attack firearms by type and feature is a real threat and a stepping stone to attacks on other firearms, ammuniton, places to shoot, etc.....

http://wrongplanet.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=276624&start=30#p6476802

That's hardly an unprovoked ambush, especially by Raptor's standards.