Page 2 of 16 [ 244 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

11 Mar 2015, 6:59 pm

I think with a lot of young people you see is hipster ironic racism if that's makes sense, I'm not sure if these kids really have hate in their heart or if they're joking. There is a big difference between somebody doing something to shock people and a guy like Donald Sterling who was tangibly racist. Growing up today the worst thing you can be is a racist and naturally people are going to test boundaries and challenge taboos, it's like putting a big red button in front of someone and telling them not to push so of course they're going to do it. I think we'd all be lying if we say we've said we've never made a non-serious off-color joke or even just happen in the same room as it as a lot of these kids probably were in this video.

To me there is a big difference on how you deal with the two, an offensive joke is really only guilty of hurt feelings and obviously a real racist is something much insidious. One thing I've noticed that words seem to be punished more than actions, everybody that knows the NBA and Donald Sterling knew he was scumbag racist slumlord who has been sued for discriminatory practices on multiple occasions but it took him being recorded on by his mistress to finally be kicked out of the NBA. The message to me it seems is that racism is okay as long as you keep it quite, we punish words and the spectacle but not real racism. The Drug War is probably the modern equivalent of slavery in my opinion but we give those in power a free pass while we ruin Paula Deen's life because she admitted to saying something 40 years ago while being robbed no less. It's crazy to me that we have elites who actually run that entire racist institution or structure we all like to talk about actually condemning speech crime/thought crime while they go on their merry way with barely a lick of criticism because they paid lip services to it.

I've heard racism defined as prejudice + power, usually that's as a way to say that people of color can't be racist which is obviously silly since an entire race of people don't have power or a lack of it but I do agree in principle with at least the sound of the idea since to racism isn't some word or expression but rather an action which has power over such a boss to their employee or landlord to their tenant, that's tangible and real to me. From what I understand this frat does have non-white members, if they discriminate then that definitely is a real actionable problem but crucifying dumb kids to me is about fixing a problem but rather pumping up your own nonracist credentials and feelings of self worth.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2015, 11:53 pm

Geekonychus wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
SAE is just being honest, unlike most white liberals who cry foul on racism, but would never, ever consider living among black people.

I just moved my aunt out of the city she had lived in for thirty years because it was becoming majority black and consequently crime has slowly risen to make it ranked 16 out 100 (100 being the safest) on neighborhood watch. Prior it was a peaceful, low crime white city.

Also, there was a black guy on tv complaining about black people coming from Detroit to live in foreclosed homes. These people were going to ruin his city - he complained.

How many examples of cities being transformed into black ghettos do you need before you say "keep these people out"!

You sir, have a very ironic screenname......... Did Jim Crow pick it out for ya?

Black groups would would point out to you that 25% black residents is considered the "tipping point" where non-blacks flee. They would point out that "white flight" is the origin of many black ghettos. I have seen many cities "fall" into black ghettos, Detroit standing as the prime example. Just this month, the once largest mall in the U.S. in Southfield, MI was closed, because that city turned majority black, and the mall could not survive in a transformed ghetto city.

Apparently, honesty is too much for your tender ears, and when confronted with the truth you resort to trying to denigrate someone by labeling them a racist. When it's your denial of the truth that would get *you* labeled a racist.

Also, be more original next time.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 12:12 am

Geekonychus wrote:
You sir, have a very ironic screenname......... Did Jim Crow pick it out for ya?

I recall he lived in Detroit.

That will make you racist quicker than attending a diverse high school. (Racism itself needn't be a bad thing, contrary to what teachers might say; facts and truths can be racist, and we need facts and truths to be held above all, no matter if you find them unpleasant.)

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 12:24 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The only way to really solve these problems is to work together regardless of race and to see each other as human beings across the board. That is really the only answer because if we elevate ourselves, low behavior will be beneath us and if we see others as elevated we won't wish to harm or exclude them. Respect for ourselves and others is where healing begins.

In my state, the governor, and recently presidential candidate Jeb Bush suggested huge immigration to transform black cities like Detroit so there is less % of black people.

White people won't willingly move to these black ghettos, but for immigrants they can offer citizenship if they stay there for many years.

Black groups have protested, "Keep those non-black immigrants out!" just like SAE though.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 12:58 am

LoveNotHate wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
The only way to really solve these problems is to work together regardless of race and to see each other as human beings across the board. That is really the only answer because if we elevate ourselves, low behavior will be beneath us and if we see others as elevated we won't wish to harm or exclude them. Respect for ourselves and others is where healing begins.

In my state, the governor, and recently presidential candidate Jeb Bush suggested huge immigration to transform black cities like Detroit so there is less % of black people.

White people won't willingly move to these black ghettos, but for immigrants they can offer citizenship if they stay there for many years.

Black groups have protested, "Keep those non-black immigrants out!" just like SAE though.

Whomever is selling the houses cannot legally sell them based on race because that would be discrimination. It doesn't matter how much protesting anyone does, they still cannot legally sell based on race alone.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 12:59 am

Dillogic wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

That will make you racist quicker than attending a diverse high school. (Racism itself needn't be a bad thing, contrary to what teachers might say; facts and truths can be racist, and we need facts and truths to be held above all, no matter if you find them unpleasant.)

Discrimination is a bad thing.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 1:23 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It can also be a good thing.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 1:52 am

Dillogic wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

It can also be a good thing.

That is misguided thinking unless you are talking about trying to figure out who to hire. You will have to discriminate based on which candidate is the best qualified but it is discrimination if you base your decision solely on their race or gender, with the attitude you aren't going to hire certain groups from the very beginning. It's always bad to base your decision on someone's skin, eye or hair color, or where they were born or where they grew up. Just think, if people in the cities decided they would only hire people from the cities and that is it, all those country people wouldn't have cities to flock to for employment so they can take their salaries back to the country towns. Every year more and more of them head to the big city to find work and they take precious jobs us city folk desperately need but can I round up all my city brethren and tell them they better not hire anyone from the country or else? They bring money from the cities to the areas that are more rural so you see, it benefits not just blacks because all those provincial minded country folk can go to the cities and find good jobs since we cannot discriminate against them based on the fact they were not born in the city. People neglect to mention what a drain it can be on an economy when folks leave the farm in large numbers wanting to acquire money from city dwellers and it is often a silent syphoning.

Fraternities and Sororities seem to be a bit of a joke, anyway, as someone already pointed out - why are they allowed to discriminate based on gender alone? I disagree with that kind of discrimination. You will call a fraternity racist and demonize it but you refuse to call it sexist which it clearly is, same goes for the sorority. Men should be allowed to join sororities and women fraternities.

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 2:11 am

Simple example:

Blue skinned people cause 90% of all violent crime
Red and Yellow account for the other 10%

You would discriminate against blue skinned people if you were a police officer, for example (or, you'd justifiably be more wary being around blue skinned people if you were red or yellow skinned).

Hence, discrimination can be good, depending on many variables.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 2:22 am

Dillogic wrote:
Simple example:

You would discriminate against blue skinned people if you were a police officer, for example (or, you'd justifiably be more wary being around blue skinned people if you were red or yellow skinned).

What really causes the crime statistics to increase are gang bangers and they tend to come in all colors. Did you know most gang bangers are not even black? It's a myth they are. So here we are again, back to fraternities of sorts. Gang bangers are pretty much members of fraternities of sorts. It's the same sort of thinking.

Human beings tend to want to collect in groups and they can be pressured into behaving in a myriad of ways they would never dream of on their own. It could be good, helpful, adaptive ways or it can be very horrid or it can be a mixture of the two but it tends to be more extreme than humans on their own unless the group has good checks and balances to address issues within. Again it goes back to what is the purpose of the group? I just read in a Sigma Alpha Epsilon story the chapter in Norman was closed down because of the culture, specifically. SAE headquarters saw the culture in Norman as irreparable and there are plenty of "Sigma Alpha Epsi-gone" jokes making the rounds.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 5:07 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Again it goes back to what is the purpose of the group? I just read in a Sigma Alpha Epsilon story the chapter in Norman was closed down because of the culture, specifically. SAE headquarters saw the culture in Norman as irreparable and there are plenty of "Sigma Alpha Epsi-gone" jokes making the rounds.

What is wrong with race-based groups ? Here are Hispanic sororities/fraternities

National Association of Latino Fraternal Organizations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_A ... anizations

Here is the first one on wiki:

'Alpha Pi Sigma' "Hispanic" sorority
http://alphapisigma.org/

Looks like no black members in their website photo.

Certainly, black sororities/fraternities should not be required to include white people ? They should be allowed to openly say, "NO WHITES ALLOWED" ?

African American sororities/fraternities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Af ... anizations

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 5:26 am

Dillogic wrote:
Geekonychus wrote:

A foundational concept in sociology is the Thomas Theorem. It states:
Quote:
If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_theorem

Misguided, ignorant attitudes can become self-fulfilling prophecies.

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 5:31 am

Dillogic wrote:
Simple example:

However, when we consider that the vast majority of blue skinned people are law abiding, crime stats not withstanding, things become much less clear.

Welcome to the complexity of REALITY.
:roll:

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 6:48 am

Geekonychus wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
SAE is just being honest, unlike most white liberals who cry foul on racism, but would never, ever consider living among black people.

I just moved my aunt out of the city she had lived in for thirty years because it was becoming majority black and consequently crime has slowly risen to make it ranked 16 out 100 (100 being the safest) on neighborhood watch. Prior it was a peaceful, low crime white city.

Also, there was a black guy on tv complaining about black people coming from Detroit to live in foreclosed homes. These people were going to ruin his city - he complained.

How many examples of cities being transformed into black ghettos do you need before you say "keep these people out"!

I think LoveNotHate is a she.

Magneto
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 11:40 am

I was under that impression as well...

I think that statistics should be a mandatory part of high school - you don't pass it, you don't graduate - and should also be required in order to vote, because democracy can't work if you allow people who don't understand matters to vote on them.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2015, 12:58 pm

LoveNotHate wrote:

So, how long until you propose some sort of final solution to the black question? :roll: