overwelmed when people challenge your faith

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

infilove
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 11:46 am

Do you ever get extremely overwelmed when people challenge or question your faith? In other words when people say something deap that briefly questions your religious beliefs or philosophical belief that has drive you throufh life, tough times, and has been helpful to you? My girlfriend 's friends do that a lot as well as my girlfriend too- sometimes. When they do it, they don't really do it on purpose but when it happens, it's one of the most stressful experiences ever! It is stressful and extremely overwelming until I work it out. Do you Know what I'm talking about here? Do you relate? Has this ever happened to you too?

aspie quiz results; http://www.rdos.net/eng/poly12c.php?p1= ... =80&p12=28

Marky9
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2015, 2:02 pm

Yes, I have also experienced that. So, I now make it a point to not get involved in discussions about religion and politics. I respect that others enjoy those topics, but I am just not wired that way.

DoubleCatrin
Toucan
Toucan

12 May 2015, 4:24 am

It's probably very normal to feel overwhelmed and anxious... after all they challenge the construction/beliefs you constructed bit by bit all your life... like someone saying that the building in which you are leaving and which you don't want to abandon is weak and can crush easily. They probably point out the weak spots and so you might feel exposed.

imaginary? bartender at
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=262032&start=285