Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Iamaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 6:53 pm

And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.
Mark 10:2-9

“For the Lord God of Israel says that He hates divorce, for it covers one’s garment with violence,”
Says the Lord of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”
Malachi 2:16

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.
1 Corinthians 7:12-15

trollcatman
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 7:04 pm

We know the Bible is incorrect about science, so why should we trust what's on the other pages?
If the Lord God of Israel does not like divorce, maybe he should tell his followers to stop getting divorced all the time.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 7:08 pm

In my opinion, they should have spent less time talking about divorce and more talking about marriage and how to deal with it and whom should get married.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 8:37 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
In my opinion, they should have spent less time talking about divorce and more talking about marriage and how to deal with it and whom should get married.

It's more like people don't select the right person and/or rush into marriage.
They base it all on emotions and feelings...

Though God said at the Council of Trent, that marriage is only valid in his eyes if it is a Catholic marriage with a male member of the clergy officiating.

If you aren't Catholic and/or not married via a Catholic ceremony, then your marriage is sinful in the eyes of God.

In reality marriage as an institution has no place in world where women have equal rights.
The two are contradictory by their very nature and origin.

Marriage was originally created so men could control and own women, thus controlling the bloodlines.

The point of my post is marriage has no place in world were human rights are central.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm

xenocity wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

Though God said at the Council of Trent, that marriage is only valid in his eyes if it is a Catholic marriage with a male member of the clergy officiating.

If you aren't Catholic and/or not married via a Catholic ceremony, then your marriage is sinful in the eyes of God.

In reality marriage as an institution has no place in world where women have equal rights.

Marriage was originally created so men could control and own women, thus controlling the bloodlines.

The point of my post is marriage has no place in world were human rights are central.

I completely agree. It's an outdated construct so why people make such a huge fuss over it is beyond me. It's such powerful conditioning.

xenocity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Mar 2015, 10:15 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
xenocity wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:

I completely agree. It's an outdated construct so why people make such a huge fuss over it is beyond me. It's such powerful conditioning.

It's not so much 10s of thousands of years of conditioning as in marriage is enshrined in the legal code with thousands of rights and privileges that go with marriage.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2015, 4:53 pm

don't get married, you won't get divorced :lol:.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2015, 4:56 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:
And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to put away his wife? tempting him. And he answered and said unto them, What did Moses command you? And they said, Moses suffered to write a bill of divorcement, and to put her away. And Jesus answered and said unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept. But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

“For the Lord God of Israel says that He hates divorce, for it covers one’s garment with violence,”
Says the Lord of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”

But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away. And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy. But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

Does your wifey come with batteries? :P

But seriously, I too hate divorce. I know people who've been through it and quite often it is far more devastating than the death of a spouse or a loved one. It's really one of the most awful things that a person can go through and it's as much of a legal crisis as an emotional one.

So c'mon babee, let's start a-newww! Cuz breaking up is hard to do-oo!

Orangez
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Apr 2015, 3:37 am

Divorce is not the problem but marriage is as it is against human nature. Marriage was always a contract not for love but to combine two families together to gain leverage or to produce labour for the farm but it got perverted into a concept about love.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2015, 8:08 am

Orangez wrote:
Divorce is not the problem but marriage is as it is against human nature. Marriage was always a contract not for love but to combine two families together to gain leverage or to produce labour for the farm but it got perverted into a concept about love.

slave
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm

Iamaparakeet wrote:

I don't give a sh*t, I value my sh*t far too much.

What is your point, btw?