Why does the left feel the need to attack others all the tim

Page 10 of 14 [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 8:28 pm

Not only that, but the pushers of MMS often advise that parents lie through their teeth to any doctors or authorities. In any reasonable person, that piece of advice would serve as a warning that they might be doing something wrong.

When the parents lie, especially to the authorities, they often make it clear that they know what they're doing is wrong.
That is mens rea.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 8:37 pm

beneficii wrote:
Not only that, but the pushers of MMS often advise that parents lie through their teeth to any doctors or authorities. In any reasonable person, that piece of advice would serve as a warning that they might be doing something wrong.

When the parents lie, especially to the authorities, they often make it clear that they know what they're doing is wrong.
That is mens rea.

Agreed.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2015, 8:52 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
beneficii wrote:
AspieUtah,

It is one thing to espouse certain things. It is quite another to put them into action by doing dangerous things to their children such as by using bleach. There are a number of parents who, if they believe their child has autism, will either force bleach down their child's throat or up the child's rectum, causing at the very least severe irritation. No evidence has ever been produced that this treatment is effective. A number of quacks call this treatment "Miracle Mineral Supplement" and make a good amount of money promoting and selling it to give false hope to parents and give them a way of seriously harming those children; they also say that it is basically a panacea.

Some of the sellers of that have been and are being prosecuted by the feds, which is justified because these sellers operate within interstate commerce.

Indeed. But, should unwitting parents be prosecuted, too? Under simple negligence, maybe. But, malice? I will leave that to the seller of such poison. When I wrote that "state authority" was limited, I meant in ways that weren't already prohibited (such as misrepresentation of untested chemicals and drugs). The state has little or no authority, however, in prohibiting parents from declining certain treatment for their children that isn't required by law. In my state, at least, parental choice is paramount in almost all healthcare matters involving children. So much so, that it requires a court order for the state to provide any care forcibly.

The combination of words that Lazar_Kaganovich used made it seem to me that he wished to include parents with benign opinions among those who knowingly promote dangerous, untested products. The two are worlds apart.

Not true. The 1st amendment guarantees freedom of speech, but not freedom of *action*. More importantly it is a good example of a descriptive right: That is, it does not entitle you to anything but is there to protect you from prosecution when you say things that are socially unacceptable or politically contentious. It does NOT give parents the right to *do* whatever they want to their children....Especially when it comes to medical treatment. Speak out against vaccination all you want, but it is vital that vaccination be required by law whether anyone believes in it or not.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 8:58 pm

Hey OP, I hear you. I'm tired of seeing our country destroyed, and one of the problems happen to be one side attacking the other. I'm devestated, look at how liberals in America praise Europe while not thinking as highly about American politics. They hate Fox News with a passion and love nothing more than see their journalists burn in hell.

And trust me, if they truly identified as Christian, that would mean they have to apply the same standard of love and tolerance to conservative beliefs just as liberal beliefs. I am agnostic though.

Their attacks are the whole reason why conservative media and opinions are so unpopular.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 9:20 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
beneficii wrote:
AspieUtah,

It is one thing to espouse certain things. It is quite another to put them into action by doing dangerous things to their children such as by using bleach. There are a number of parents who, if they believe their child has autism, will either force bleach down their child's throat or up the child's rectum, causing at the very least severe irritation. No evidence has ever been produced that this treatment is effective. A number of quacks call this treatment "Miracle Mineral Supplement" and make a good amount of money promoting and selling it to give false hope to parents and give them a way of seriously harming those children; they also say that it is basically a panacea.

Some of the sellers of that have been and are being prosecuted by the feds, which is justified because these sellers operate within interstate commerce.

Indeed. But, should unwitting parents be prosecuted, too? Under simple negligence, maybe. But, malice? I will leave that to the seller of such poison. When I wrote that "state authority" was limited, I meant in ways that weren't already prohibited (such as misrepresentation of untested chemicals and drugs). The state has little or no authority, however, in prohibiting parents from declining certain treatment for their children that isn't required by law. In my state, at least, parental choice is paramount in almost all healthcare matters involving children. So much so, that it requires a court order for the state to provide any care forcibly.

The combination of words that Lazar_Kaganovich used made it seem to me that he wished to include parents with benign opinions among those who knowingly promote dangerous, untested products. The two are worlds apart.

Not true. The 1st amendment guarantees freedom of speech, but not freedom of *action*. More importantly it is a good example of a descriptive right: That is, it does not entitle you to anything but is there to protect you from prosecution when you say things that are socially unacceptable or politically contentious. It does NOT give parents the right to *do* whatever they want to their children....Especially when it comes to medical treatment. Speak out against vaccination all you want, but it is vital that vaccination be required by law whether anyone believes in it or not.

Then we agree that, in this matter, First Amendment protection is about speech, not acts (even if a large body of law recognizes symbolic speech; signs, armbands, images, T-shirts, protests, marches etc.). But, that amendment, along with the Fourth and Fourteenth amendments, combine to provide us with the right to privacy. And, it is that privacy that protects parents' choice when it comes to declining certain health care for their children which isn't required by law or court order. In 2014, all 50 states allowed a medical vaccine exemption; 48 states allowed a religious vaccine exemption and 17 states allowed a philosophical, conscientious or personal belief exemption (California's pending law will reduce the number of states which allow religious and personal-belief exemptions; but will likely be enjoined until a court resolution on the religious and personal-belief prohibitions is determined). Because the U.S. Supreme Court has made a few determinations about the constitutionality of what religious and personal-belief exemptions mean (more or less conflating the two into one), all of the remaining 47 states will provide the protections to its citizens whether based on religion and/or personal belief, meaning that California remains virtually unique. So, the matter of choice in vaccination health-care law is still tilted strongly for the patient, not the physician. In the provision of health care for children, the matter of choice is transferred to the parents (or legal guardians), giving them the authority to decide.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 9:28 pm

Knowing that a lot of parents who use MMS on their children commonly frequent Internet sites where they can see the horrific effects of the treatment being posted by other parents and photos like this are sometimes posted (most of them don't look quite as bad as this, though):

http://anonhq.com/bleach-away-defect-me ... -children/

Such pictures of such stools would give any reasonable parent pause to at least see their doctor before starting MMS. Most of the people on the forum say that is a result of so-called rope worms, which have never been demonstrated to even exist but which these quacks say causes autism, but it should be clear to parents that these are bodily tissues being effectively burnt off by the chlorine dioxide, at times producing internal bleeding, which is to be expected at the concentrations recommended by these quacks.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

beneficii wrote:
Knowing that a lot of parents who use MMS on their children commonly frequent Internet sites where they can see the horrific effects of the treatment being posted by other parents and photos like this are sometimes posted (most of them don't look quite as bad as this, though):

http://anonhq.com/bleach-away-defect-me ... -children/

Such pictures of such stools would give any reasonable parent pause to at least see their doctor before starting MMS. Most of the people on the forum say that is a result of so-called rope worms, which have never been demonstrated to even exist but which these quacks say causes autism, but it should be clear to parents that these are bodily tissues being effectively burnt off by the chlorine dioxide, at times producing internal bleeding, which is to be expected at the concentrations recommended by these quacks.

What you described sounds almost Scientological! Seriously, worms cause autism? Why not just blame Xenu? Hehe. I am sorry to laugh at such heinous stuff, but it is all so bizarre reaching the level of snake-charming. If and when a court considers complaints in this behavior, I suspect that the judge will need to reassert frequently the definition of an "average person's" beliefs, comprehension and gullibility, compared to that of the likely defendants.

Lazar_Kaganovich
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Then we agree that, in this matter, First Amendment protection is about speech, not acts (even if a large body of law recognizes symbolic speech; signs, armbands, images, T-shirts, protests, marches etc.). But, that amendment, along with the Fourth and Fourteenth amendments, combine to provide us with the right to privacy. And, it is that privacy that protects parents' choice when it comes to declining certain health care for their children which isn't required by law or court order. In 2014, all 50 states allowed a medical vaccine exemption; 48 states allowed a religious vaccine exemption and 17 states allowed a philosophical, conscientious or personal belief exemption (California's pending law will reduce the number of states which allow religious and personal-belief exemptions; but will likely be enjoined until a court resolution on the religious and personal-belief prohibitions is determined). Because the U.S. Supreme Court has made a few determinations about the constitutionality of what religious and personal-belief exemptions mean (more or less conflating the two into one), all of the remaining 47 states will provide the protections to its citizens whether based on religion and/or personal belief, meaning that California remains virtually unique. So, the matter of choice in vaccination health-care law is still tilted strongly for the patient, not the physician. In the provision of health care for children, the matter of choice is transferred to the parents (or legal guardians), giving them the authority to decide.

The right to privacy ends when it involves the life, health, and wellness of another human being. Even your children. When your personal beliefs have a negative impact on someone else's health, the line must be drawn.

Christian scientists can no longer deny medical treatment to sick children because of their religious beliefs, so why should parental choice be a factor in vaccination?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 9:59 pm

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:
The right to privacy ends when it involves the life, health, and wellness of another human being. Even your children. When your personal beliefs have a negative impact on someone else's health, the line must be drawn.

Christian scientists can no longer deny medical treatment to sick children because of their religious beliefs, so why should parental choice be a factor in vaccination?

Because denying necessary care to "sick children" would deny them of that which would improve their depleted conditions. The idea that providing vaccinations to all children, without exception, rises to the same level of necessary care, or that all children would resort to similarly depleted conditions but for the provision of a vaccine, is tenuous at best. Another way to explain it is: It is expected (and in many jurisdictions, required) to provide life-saving measures to others if you can do so without harm. But, it is criminal to interfere with an otherwise healthy individual who neither needs nor wants your attention, let alone your help despite your best intentions. Doing so with no clear indication of need or permission is legally called assault (aggravated assault if your care involves something which could do harm, like a syringe and a foreign substance).

Last edited by AspieUtah on 12 Apr 2015, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 10:03 pm

AspieUtah,

I know, right? Jeez! And you are right on target with the SCIENTOLOGICAL argument; the inventor is an ex-scientologist "Archbishop" of his own church Jim Humble.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 10:04 pm

beneficii wrote:
AspieUtah,

I know, right? Jeez! And you are right on target with the SCIENTOLOGICAL argument; the inventor is an ex-scientologist "Archbishop" of his own church Jim Humble.

I had no idea. Wow. Luckily, there are relatively few such parents and fewer hucksters selling it to them.

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2015, 10:23 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
beneficii wrote:
AspieUtah,

I had no idea. Wow. Luckily, there are relatively few such parents and fewer hucksters selling it to them.

I hope!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 11:12 am

SMH.com.au wrote:
Parents who do not vaccinate their children will lose welfare payments of up to $2100 per child under a federal government policy set to be announced before the May budget.

Under changes that could save more than $50 million a year, Social Services Minister Scott Morrison is preparing to scrap a "conscientious objection" provision which allows anti-vaccination parents to still claim welfare benefits including childcare assistance and Family Tax Benefit A.

[…] Parents of about 39,000 children have signed "conscientious objection" forms that certify they have a "personal, philosophical, religious or medical" objection to immunisation. This form, which requires a consultation with a doctor or immunisation nurse, is necessary for the parents to receive Family Tax Benfit A. But access is means tested so not every one of those parents would be receiving the payment....

SMH.com.au: “Abbott government to announce anti-vaccination parents will lose benefits” (April 11, 2015)
http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... mie6x.html

At least 1,769,091 Australian children received government “Family Tax Benefit A” assistance in 2006/7 and would comprise at least 2.2 percent of the total number of recipients of such assistance today.

With just 1 in 50 recipients having declined vaccinations for personal, philosophical, religious or medical reasons, it appears to me that the cost to continue providing assistance to the children is minimal and affordable ($50 million out of at least $18.8 billion), and is more a political desire to penalize the children and their families than because of budget constraints. If such constraints really do exist, why not just reduce all recipients’ assistance equally by the 0.265 percent that the denial of assistance to unvaccinated children would “save” the government according to Australian Social Services Minister Scott Morrison?

It is clear to me that this policy is mere punishment through the starvation of children. Now, this is evidence of a real left government attacking others.

genesis529
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 Apr 2015, 11:55 am

sly279 wrote:
I hardly ever see the right doing so.(

LOL...

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:10 pm

More evidence of illegal health-care authority:

MLive.com wrote:
A Shiawassee County woman is suing Baker College after she claims she was kicked out of the school's nursing program because she questioned lessons she claims encouraged students to lie to patients in order to get them vaccinated.

Nichole Rolfe filed the lawsuit Monday, April 6, in Genesee Circuit Court on claims an instructor at the private school's Owosso campus told students to threaten and panic patients into immunizations. Rolfe's October 2013 dismissal from the program came 20 weeks before she was set to graduate.

[...]Rolfe's attorney, Hemlock-based Philip L. Ellison, said the alleged lessons from the instructors could have put his client in trouble with the law. Ellison explained that using fake or threatening information to force someone into receiving a medical treatment, such as an inoculation, would likely constitute an assault and battery....

MLive.com: "Baker College instructor told students to threaten patients into vaccinations, lawsuit claims" (April 9, 2015)
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.s ... ing_s.html

beneficii
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:41 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
More evidence of illegal health-care authority:

MLive.com wrote:
A Shiawassee County woman is suing Baker College after she claims she was kicked out of the school's nursing program because she questioned lessons she claims encouraged students to lie to patients in order to get them vaccinated.

Nichole Rolfe filed the lawsuit Monday, April 6, in Genesee Circuit Court on claims an instructor at the private school's Owosso campus told students to threaten and panic patients into immunizations. Rolfe's October 2013 dismissal from the program came 20 weeks before she was set to graduate.

[...]Rolfe's attorney, Hemlock-based Philip L. Ellison, said the alleged lessons from the instructors could have put his client in trouble with the law. Ellison explained that using fake or threatening information to force someone into receiving a medical treatment, such as an inoculation, would likely constitute an assault and battery....

MLive.com: "Baker College instructor told students to threaten patients into vaccinations, lawsuit claims" (April 9, 2015)
http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.s ... ing_s.html

That's going way too far, I think.