Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 3:00 pm

Barchan wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:
Toddlers kill predictably

Three words that should never be in a sentence together.

That people view this is normal or predictable just proves how severe the problem is. It's time to admit that America has a gun problem.

This I disagree with. The problem is with the gun owners. A responsible gun owner locks up their guns - especially if they have kids.

This would be like saying there's a problem with automobiles given that there are so many accidents and probably a few toddlers have also messed with the controls putting the car in drive or reverse. There isn't a problem with vehicles - it's the person behind the wheel who doesn't or can't control the machine like they are supposed to.

I'm tired of hearing how guns are always the problem.

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

andrethemoogle
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 6:44 pm

Barchan wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

That people view this is normal or predictable just proves how severe the problem is. It's time to admit that America has a gun problem.

Given how many people die by firearms each year, I agree.

I seriously do not understand the need to own an assault rifle unless you are in the military.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2016, 11:54 pm

My pistol is chained to my bed. I have tomahawks and machete sized knives lying all around my apartment, and my long guns have locks on the trigger and in the actions but aren't in a safe.

I'd rather fill my in-born bloodlust for the pale-face man and his foreign allies with my peace pipe than shoot people through walls when they live literally feet away from me and below me.

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 12:00 am

andrethemoogle wrote:

I seriously do not understand the need to own an assault rifle unless you are in the military.

Given that assault rifle is a dumb-down lib trigger phrase to piss off people who actually own guns and are passionate about them, I doubt you would understand since you are using the word unironically.

I'll sooner assault someone with my axe than with my gun, does that make my axe an assault axe? More so than a gun being advanced making it only okay for the military to use.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 2:29 am

andrethemoogle wrote:
Barchan wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

Given how many people die by firearms each year, I agree.

Gun deaths aren't even in the top 10

Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

And according to several new agencies and a study Medical Errors May Cause Over 250,000 Deaths a Year

Gun deaths according to liberals are 30k. Roughly 20,000 of thst is suicides, the rest include lawful self defense, law enforcement shootings and yes murder.

Seems we in the usa have much larger issues to death with then few thousand people being murdered by guns a year out of 320 million people. Talking about 0.000938% of the population.mit only seems like a large problem because the media over reports on anything gun related as their agenda is to ban guns.

Mean 00.19% die from heart disease a yeah.

Then there's the fact none of the gun laws proposed would stop any of the murders or suicides.

The USA has a people problem so do many western nations. Focusing on the current weapon of use doesn't solve a people problem. One has to focus on the root problem instead of punishing 100 million innocent people for the crimes of a very very tiny part of the population.

Also a assault rifle cost 15,000 and up along with a 200 tag stamp and waiting 3 months to a year or more for government approval and registering it with the federal government. Along with getting permission from your local law enforcement. If you later decide you want to move you have to ask permission and again wait for approval.

Simi auto rifles aka mordern sporting rifles which the antis call assault weapons to confuse people who don't know a cow from a horse thst their full auto weapons of mass slaughter. While really their a technology that's been around for hundred years or more.

People when the bill,of rights were written had s 22 shot rifle which today is deemed his capacity assault weapons. So yeah the founders knew what they were doing.

Folders getting guns again is a people problem. Same with them crashing cars, why are people,leaving their tolders unattended near dangerous things. Instead of banning things how about we teach people responsibility. Can't make the world stupid proof but we can educate people to be less stupid.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 2:37 am

andrethemoogle wrote:

If you don't understand something, perhaps you should study it. I did, and now I know why lightweight, easy to shoot rifles that are modular and thus easy to customize are popular with people who enjoy shooting and want one firearm that can fulfill many purposes, from hunting to target shooting to self defense. I also know why said rifles are not very popular with criminals, partially that they're expensive, but mostly that they're bulky and difficult to carry on your person unobtrusively, which is why criminals don't use rifles and shotguns much generally. Of course, if you'd looked into guns at all before posting, you'd know that you're barking up the wrong tree, but you didn't.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 4:19 am

appletheclown wrote:
Given that assault rifle is a dumb-down lib trigger phrase to piss off people who actually own guns...

Yeah, those stupid dumb-lib Nazis and their stupid Sturmgewehrs.

nurseangela wrote:
This I disagree with. The problem is with the gun owners. A responsible gun owner locks up their guns - especially if they have kids.
[/quote]

Agreed. I'm a gun owner, and I plan to own more in the future. I keep them in a safe that's bolted to a concrete wall when not in use or transport, as is required by the law here. Our gun laws are stupidly restrictive, and in need of some updating. That being said, I'm not of the opinion that everyone can and should have guns without at least some sort of exam, because that's what leads to incidents such as that one where an 18 year old handed an Uzi to a toddler who promptly shot him to death, or the woman who shot her own hand off by carrying a cocked revolver in her purse. I know rules are no antidote for stupidity, but maybe they can at least make some idiots think twice.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 1:29 pm

Cup wrote:
http://mic.com/articles/142348/in-2016-toddlers-have-killed-more-people-in-the-us-than-muslim-terrorists-have#.pSsLcVEMS

In 2016, Toddlers Have Shot More People in the US Than Muslim Terrorists Have

Donald Trump has made a big deal out of barring Muslims from entering the United States on the basis that some might be terrorists sneaking in to stage attacks. But the real front line in protecting Americans' safety may be much closer to home.

America's own playpens.

According to the Washington Post, our nation's nurseries are housing more than just unbearable levels of cuteness: Twenty-three people have been shot by toddlers in the U.S. since the start of 2016 — exactly 23 more than have been shot by Muslim terrorists over the same period.

And how many of these so-called "toddlers" are MUSLIM?????? Has anyone even bothered to check?????

It sounds to me like we could have a nefarious plot developing here. Just imagine: Have the toddlers do the shooting for you. Diabolically brilliant!! !!

SOMEONE CALL TRUMP...QUICK BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!! ! :P :P :P

appletheclown
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2016, 9:58 pm

Wolfram87 wrote:

Yeah, those stupid dumb-lib Nazis and their stupid Sturmgewehrs.

Remember us right wingers are the Nazis and the libs are the Maoists.

More like those stupid dumb progressive Maoists and their stupid great leap forward.

Wolfram87
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 2:18 am

My point was that the term "assault rifle" was invented by the nazis.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 2:52 am

Wolfram87 wrote:

Ahh, now we get to the fun bit. See, an assault rifle is an actual category of weapon, being a select fire rifle with a detachable box magazine chambered in an intermediate caliber (the select fire thing rules out virtually everything in civilian hands), where what the liberals are talking about are "assault weapons", a completely arbitrary political term referring to cosmetic features and not capability.

The whole thing was cooked up in the 80s by a guy named Josh Sugarman, who was attempting to exploit the fact that the general public couldn't tell the difference between a modern semi-automatic rifle and a full auto one in order to get those rifles banned, as part of his plan to ban handguns, as he thought it would get the ball rolling and make gun bans more politically palatable. This isn't a conspiracy theory, he's come right out and admitted it on the record.

nurseangela
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 3:02 am

Dox47 wrote:
Wolfram87 wrote:

Ahh, now we get to the fun bit. See, an assault rifle is an actual category of weapon, being a select fire rifle with a detachable box magazine chambered in an intermediate caliber (the select fire thing rules out virtually everything in civilian hands), where what the liberals are talking about are "assault weapons", a completely arbitrary political term referring to cosmetic features and not capability.

The whole thing was cooked up in the 80s by a guy named Josh Sugarman, who was attempting to exploit the fact that the general public couldn't tell the difference between a modern semi-automatic rifle and a full auto one in order to get those rifles banned, as part of his plan to ban handguns, as he thought it would get the ball rolling and make gun bans more politically palatable. This isn't a conspiracy theory, he's come right out and admitted it on the record.

That was very interesting, Mr. D!

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 83 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 153 of 200 You are very likely neurotypical
Darn, I flunked.

ZenDen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2016, 1:02 pm

Barchan wrote:
LoveNotHate wrote:

NO, NO, NO. You completely misunderstand, again.

ISIS has a gun problem. They should NOT be allowed to have guns, just as you would prohibit little children who have no common sense. Going about killing people that don't agree with them proves everyone's worse fears about Muslims. They must be punished as little children and their guns taken away.

Children "accidentally" shooting people is a PARENT problem. Parents must be trained to keep guns out of the hands of children. Guns don't climb out of places protected against children and slither their way into the children's hands; it's irresponsible parents that leave guns available to children that is the problem.

But you knew that, right?