Have you encountered overt discussion of voter intimidation?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 4:53 pm

I don't exactly visit the heartland of racial supremacy, so I might not even realize how big the problem is... but even on UK sites, papers that aren't even pro or anti anyone theoretically, I find (so far always) Drumpf's cult leaving comments like "let's puncture their tires so they couldn't vote"... I try pointing out that it's illegal, but does anyone care? How is the law supposed to approach this? Did it ever have anything similar in the past?

More generally, someone once stated "there will be a sea of red"... which on one hand can be interpreted as the colour of their party, but on the other clearly the spilling of blood.

Why not secure online voting in the 21st century to avoid all this physical mess, at any rate?

AspE
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2016, 4:54 pm

Oregon votes by mail.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 6:14 am

Trump is specifically recruiting thugs *and* forging IDs: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vot ... 3911ee03bc

...and if anyone's in Ohio watch out for local pensioner's as*hole Steve Webb who would like to who would like to make you "a bit nervous"...

How can any of this not be illegal...

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

26 Oct 2016, 7:09 am

Voter intimidation? You mean like what the New Black Panther party debacle? Trump supporters don't commit voter fraud, that is Democrats. Slashing tires is an old special of theirs, I remember that they did this in Milwaukee in 2004 with one of culprits being the son of the US congresswoman that represents the district. I think proper voter ID is very important and am very concerned about the potential fraud with electronic voting, it should be done on paper ballots so their is a paper trail.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

If you say they don't after reading that link (and others easily accessible) then you really have your head in the sand... I don't know what happened a decade ago, but currently we got a fascist that is blatantly encouraging his cult to intimidate, and not only that, funds them too... this is on the voting day itself. Seriously, it's not even hard to look up their (correct possessive usage) comments, it's not like they even bother to say it in private or an intranets... it's there, as per the many links available upon searching for 'voter intimidation'...