Page 2 of 4 [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 8:56 pm

I'd rather be in the war than staying at home.

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2016, 11:16 pm

If you're thinking of statistically those dumb racists who think their anger is somehow superior to everyone else's simply because of either their gender and/or colour, the solution could be simply: enslave them, theoretically. I mean, if they think they really can do it all then let them do it, and if they think they're superior give them a dose of reality... otherwise they clearly wouldn't be able to do it... I certainly don't want to substitute for their absolute ignorance. If the 'natives' are unemployed, great! Get them all under the searing, hot sun like they desire... or scrubbing toilets. No better jobs for prejudiced ret*ds, honestly...

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 4:31 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

Be careful of what you ask for--the two might actually be the same.

adifferentname
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 4:57 am

Mootoo wrote:
If you're thinking of statistically those dumb racists who think their anger is somehow superior to everyone else's simply because of either their gender and/or colour, the solution could be simply: enslave them, theoretically. I mean, if they think they really can do it all then let them do it, and if they think they're superior give them a dose of reality... otherwise they clearly wouldn't be able to do it... I certainly don't want to substitute for their absolute ignorance. If the 'natives' are unemployed, great! Get them all under the searing, hot sun like they desire... or scrubbing toilets. No better jobs for prejudiced ret*ds, honestly...

So you're promoting slavery, using "ret*ds" in a derogatory manner and convinced that you stand on the moral high ground?

I'm sure I've heard this tune before... somewhere.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 9:30 am

I don't understand the question----why would ANYBODY have to stay at home? I mean, maybe I watch too many movies, but wars are always fought, off in fields, somewhere----people who worked in cities wouldn't have to stay at home----maybe those who worked in the fields would have to stay at home.

Also, I certainly would NOT go on vacation when my country / countrymen were in distress----I agree with CockneyRebel: I would rather be IN the war; and, if the war was at my home, I would most CERTAINLY wanna stand and fight / defend it!

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 10:02 am

If all people who were born on odd number days of the month were to "stay home from work" society would prolly collapse because the even number day folks wouldnt be able to do it all. Likewise vice versa. Same answer to pretty much any other "all folks who are X stopped working could the remaining non X people carry on?" questions.

So its kind of a dumb meaningless question.

I think that we should put this inane thread out of its misery, and euthanize it!

Last edited by naturalplastic on 29 Oct 2016, 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 11:12 am

Does it take an Aspie to write something on PP&R to get this sort of response?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 11:29 am

BTDT wrote:
Does it take an Aspie to write something on PP&R to get this sort of response?

Huh?

Are you complaining about the response? Or are you complaining about the original post?

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 11:32 am

I'm just making an observation about how people interpret questions on a "free speech" forum.

I know it is fictional, but I saw an episode of Big Bang in which Sheldon remarked that cuss words were totally unnecessary to be offensive.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 12:01 pm

We all know that being "offensive" doesn't take dirty words.

Half of the respondents did get quite offended. Not sure why either. But I don't know what being an aspie has to do with it.

The other half of the respondents just thought that your post was too inane and meaningless to be either offensive, or enlightening. That half included moi. So I understand that half. But again I don't know what you being aspie has to do with that either.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 2:24 pm

Another possibility is that some were hypocritical--there were offended by the post, but rather than admit that, wanted to argue that it was "too stupid" for an Aspie free speech forum.

Fact is, people suggesting peaceful protest to threats of violence is offensive to some. The targets of such violence aren't suppose to do that--they are suppose to respond with violence, so they are just as bad as the oppressors, or be cowed by the violence--which is the whole intention of the exercise. It might also be offensive because non-action--not doing your job--has become common tactic in government--like not even voting on a replacement Supreme Court Justice.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 2:27 pm

If all the women are left at home they are going to get awful lonely. :D They will be looking for companionship,so soon there will be lots of mixed race offspring.The white men will have a big surprise when they return home.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

BTDT wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Be careful of what you ask for--the two might actually be the same.

I'd rather be on the battlefield with the men.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 8:20 pm

If I were left at home because of society's dumb notions about gender and I wasn't allowed to work or defend my country, I'd go bat s**t crazy and end up in an asylum.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 8:52 pm

It wasn't until 1991 when women were deployed to combat zones in the Persian Gulf war that the USA allowed women to even get close to combat.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2016, 9:05 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
I don't understand the question----why would ANYBODY have to stay at home? I mean, maybe I watch too many movies, but wars are always fought, off in fields, somewhere----people who worked in cities wouldn't have to stay at home----maybe those who worked in the fields would have to stay at home.

Also, I certainly would NOT go on vacation when my country / countrymen were in distress----I agree with CockneyRebel: I would rather be IN the war; and, if the war was at my home, I would most CERTAINLY wanna stand and fight / defend it!

So much for real wars being fought in fields today:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/0 ... 49152.html
“Turning Syria’s most populous city into a battlefield will have devastating consequences for civilians. The atrocities in Syria are mounting already,” Christoph Koettl, emergency response manager for Amnesty International USA, said in a statement accompanying the images’ release.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urban_warfare

I think that staying at home may make it easier to defend against domestic terrorism.