What you feel about new America under Trump:-) ?

Page 1 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 4:09 pm

I am a Pole, here in Poland, nobody believed that Americans will choose Trump for president, but it happened.

I planned to make a bet that he will win, our Polish betting pallor's, paid 3.2 polish zloty for every 1 zloty betted zloty, while for Hilary Clinton they payed only 1,5 zloty per bet.

I put to him, but I was late by 20 minutes to betting pallor :(

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:13 pm

If you don't mind me asking - how does the house make money that way? You said they'd be giving out an extra 2.2 zloty for each zloty put down on a bet for Trump, an extra .5 zloty if Hillary got elected - don't they lose money no matter what?

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

Fogman
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 6:21 pm

He takes office on Jan 20th of next year, so I have yet to form an opinion of him.

That being said I liken Trump to a really loud fart. He is loud, rude, obnoxious, and everybody around braces for the stench that never comes along with the sound.

Hillary Clinton OTOH, is like a Silent-but-deadly fart. Nobody realises that somebody has ripped one off, but soon their eyes are watering, they're gagging, from the stench and wondering who ripped it, and cursing the fact that not only does it smell really bad, but the stench of it lingers for a long time, all the while accusing everybody else for dealing it, aside from the nice, prim lady who is sitting there with a smile on her face watching the chaos ensue.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:20 pm

Trump just wants everybody's farts in his businesses that's why he wants to be president. He will make a ton of money as president. If you think the Clinton Foundation was bad you ain't seen nothing yet. His ambition is to be the richest, most powerful man in the world. That's the real goal.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

12 Nov 2016, 10:44 pm

Trump is a real estate mogul and brander, I'm not sure how you think his business interests which he will hand off to his children will interfere with the job he was elected to do. It's not like he's a Wall Streeter and gets money from bankers like the Clinton. I think Trump is somebody that carries a chip on his shoulder and relishes in proving his doubters wrong, I think he genuinely wants to 'make America great again' and all the glory that would come with it. It's is not yet Trump's America, Obama still has a couple months remaining .

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 10:45 pm

A bit hard to say right now, as he hasn't been sworn in yet...so it has yet to be seen how exactly I feel about it. It appears he won so as much as I might not like it he has to at least be given a chance at presidency, if he fails or does something really scandalous he could be impeached....of course then it would go to Pence probably...but of course he could be impeached to.

I mean some people might hate me for saying this but I am willing to acknowledge that maybe his inflammatory, rude persona during the election won was just solely to get voters...and as president he might tone it down and try to be more considerate of various sects of the population. But again I have to wait and see how he does before I can judge his presidency.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 11:10 pm

I'm cautiously optimistic, as a bunch of my most cherished gun law pipe dreams just got a lot more plausible.

- Rick Sanchez

Catlover5
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2016, 11:18 pm

I find it hard to take somebody who says autism is caused by vaccines seriously. I find the autism-vaccine "theory" quite egregious. Not only is there complete disregard for autistic people, but it's as if to say parents should've forgone a vaccination for their children and put them at risk of dying of mumps. I was having a conversation about this some days back with my dad; at the very least, Trump acknowledges that autism is a real disorder.

I did feel some sense of relief when I learned Trump was elected, as about two weeks prior to election night, Vladimir Putin said he would declared WW3 if Clinton won. It seems the U.S. and Russia may now be on better terms, but as my mum, who has a very blatant distaste for Trump, said "they might fall out with everybody else. I don't want them falling out with China.". The misogynistic and xenophobic comments are also quite big red flags for me.

Trump is by no means my ideal president, but as for Clinton, we don't have a crystal ball, so we can't say if she would do better than him. I don't live in the U.S., so it doesn't really affect me.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 1:29 am

I feel very, very glad to not be American.

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)

anagram
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 1:58 am

more than glad to not be american, i'm also glad that i live in a free-movement zone. i'm well aware of how my current country is particularly vulnerable to the same incendiary and divisive BS right now. and regardless of who's going to win, i don't want to be around when it happens

although, who knows, there's a chance that the population here will be horrified in unison, and that the newfound far-right and the like will stay on the sidelines because of that. so in the end the effect might even be positive. although, on the other hand... it could end up boosting the populist and sjw-ish "left" (though it's unlikely, considering how weakened it is right now). all bets are off

as for the man... he's disgusting, plain and simply. to the point that i need to take a break from this website, because it takes a lot of energy for me to ignore it or pretend that it's normal for someone to show support for that kind of creature (voting against the alternative, yes, i understand that. but actual support for him? nope)

pawelk1986
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:59 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
A bit hard to say right now, as he hasn't been sworn in yet...so it has yet to be seen how exactly I feel about it. It appears he won so as much as I might not like it he has to at least be given a chance at presidency, if he fails or does something really scandalous he could be impeached....of course then it would go to Pence probably...but of course he could be impeached to.

I mean some people might hate me for saying this but I am willing to acknowledge that maybe his inflammatory, rude persona during the election won was just solely to get voters...and as president he might tone it down and try to be more considerate of various sects of the population. But again I have to wait and see how he does before I can judge his presidency.

My one friend (who is rightist) said that he could not believe how Americans could choose such a simpleton as president, Mrs. Clinton that it may, she is a fraud maybe cheater and political careerist , but she at least is able to be fraud and thief with class and good manner :mrgreen: while Trump insulting people on daily basis :mrgreen:
both in his home (in America) and other countries as well.

As for me i'm not American but for me he's more charismatic than Hillary Clinton.

BaalChatzaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 9:18 am

I think we are going to have four very interesting years.

And I am glad to see some air let out of the over-bloated liberal-progressive-left wing elite. It is about time.

MDD123
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 11:37 am

I wonder who he's getting payback on first for opposing him. Will he start with the Republican party structure, or 50% of Americans?

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 1:07 pm

Fogman wrote:
He takes office on Jan 20th of next year, so I have yet to form an opinion of him.

That being said I liken Trump to a really loud fart. He is loud, rude, obnoxious, and everybody around braces for the stench that never comes along with the sound.

Hillary Clinton OTOH, is like a Silent-but-deadly fart. Nobody realises that somebody has ripped one off, but soon their eyes are watering, they're gagging, from the stench and wondering who ripped it, and cursing the fact that not only does it smell really bad, but the stench of it lingers for a long time, all the while accusing everybody else for dealing it, aside from the nice, prim lady who is sitting there with a smile on her face watching the chaos ensue.

I love your fart analogy. :D

Really, I'm' skeptical of Trump even tho that's who I voted for but I'd be much more skeptical of Clinton.
He'll have to be in office for a while to make a judgment one way or another.

Earthbound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:11 pm

Trump, along with his racists, and anti-LGBT friends he is putting into power.. are horrible. Trump the conman/racist/sexist/woman assaulter/orange monster needs to be locked up for a long time.

Also I just read- apparently Trump doesn't even want to live in the White House all the time! Seriously? That's so disrespectful to every president in history. It feels like he wants to treat the job as a part-time job, since he will likely try to run his other businesses at the same time I bet.

wilburforce
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2016, 7:21 pm

Earthbound wrote:
Trump, along with his racists, and anti-LGBT friends he is putting into power.. are horrible. Trump the conman/racist/sexist/woman assaulter/orange monster needs to be locked up for a long time.

Also I just read- apparently Trump doesn't even want to live in the White House all the time! Seriously? That's so disrespectful to every president in history. It feels like he wants to treat the job as a part-time job, since he will likely try to run his other businesses at the same time I bet.

I honestly don't think the man ever truly gave a moment's thought to the idea that if he wins he can't live in his golden penthouse in NYC and has to actually live in the White House and generally do the work of being the president of America every day for the next 4 years. The reality is only starting to dawn on him now, slowly. It's why he looked so scared and uncomfortable when he went to the White House to meet Obama the other day. No more golden penthouse for Donald for the next 4 years. :lol:

(Note to Moderators: my warning number is wrong on my profile but apparently can't be fixed so I will note here that it is actually 2, not 3--the warning issued to me on Aug 20 2016 was a mistake but I've been told it can't be removed.)