21 Jun 2023, 7:10 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjkjcW ... ndyRainbow

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 3:53 am

A utube entertainer...with no government experience...as POTUS? 8O

That would be insane!

Next you're gonna tell us that we should make...a reality TV show host...with no government experience...the highest official in the land!

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 7:32 am

naturalplastic wrote:

Next you're gonna tell us that we should make...a reality TV show host...with no government experience...the highest official in the land!

We've done that. I think that Randy would be more fun. His State of the Union Address would be in the form of a song.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 1:03 pm

Would be way more entertaining than the last tv show guy.. who was mostly terrifying. Also a better choice than many of the career politicians that are running if there's still a bunch of people who want a non-career politician.

Would be funny, probably not dangerous. At least we could all relax a bit.

But if there's one movie guy that's considered running for potus in the future who I think would Actually do a good job, make reasonable level decisions, make a true effort to unite various fanatical factions of American citizens etc etc it'd be Dwayne Johnson. I'm not even kidding. At some point, I hope he runs for president - maybe in 2028 or 2032. The earlies the said he'd possibly be available to run is 2024 but I think he knows this election is too crazy and that it's best for the country if he doesn't split independent votes and stays back and lets Biden beat trump again, then when the dust settles he can be the younger blood that runs when Biden's 2nd term is finni.

Apparently he's a conservative republican ? but I also recall hearing he may run as an independent ? not sure - but I doubt he'd saddle himself with the republican party brand these days.. too much baggage. Even if his policies and thinking are more conservative leaning than progressive, I like the guy and think he would do well in the job - he'd just have to bring himself up to speed on the political procedures and legal stuff at light speed for having not been a career politician. It wouldn't be the first time a celebrity actor got elected potus and I'm not even talking about trump. There have been other US politicians that started out in show business, too, and most have performed well. trump's the orange sheep of the family.. toxic funny colour, not even suitable to eat - should just be incinerated.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 1:24 pm

In 1968, Pat Paulsen was the candidate of the Straight Talking American Government (STAG) Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ9H-dADXvc

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 3:13 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Would be way more entertaining than the last tv show guy.. who was mostly terrifying. Also a better choice than many of the career politicians that are running if there's still a bunch of people who want a non-career politician.

But if there's one movie guy that's considered running for potus in the future who I think would Actually do a good job, make reasonable level decisions, make a true effort to unite various fanatical factions of American citizens etc etc it'd be Dwayne Johnson. I'm not even kidding. At some point, I hope he runs for president - maybe in 2028 or 2032. The earlies the said he'd possibly be available to run is 2024 but I think he knows this election is too crazy and that it's best for the country if he doesn't split independent votes and stays back and lets Biden beat trump again, then when the dust settles he can be the younger blood that runs when Biden's 2nd term is finni.

Apparently he's a conservative republican ? but I also recall hearing he may run as an independent ? not sure - but I doubt he'd saddle himself with the republican party brand these days.. too much baggage. Even if his policies and thinking are more conservative leaning than progressive, I like the guy and think he would do well in the job - he'd just have to bring himself up to speed on the political procedures and legal stuff at light speed for having not been a career politician. It wouldn't be the first time a celebrity actor got elected potus and I'm not even talking about trump. There have been other US politicians that started out in show business, too, and most have performed well. trump's the orange sheep of the family.. toxic funny colour, not even suitable to eat - should just be incinerated.

Funny you mention Dwayne Johnson because one tends to think of him in the same train of thought that you think about Arnold Schwartznegger who...if we have to have a Republican...would be good. Conservative, but socially liberal, and has served as governor of the nation's most populous state, good speaker. At the very least he could whip the GOP back into shape...and restore it to a functioning party (rather than being the combination personality cult, and part criminal organization it is now). Might even unite the nation as a whole. Trouble is that he is foreign born, and thus is forbidden by the Constitution to run for POTUS.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2023, 5:01 pm

Am a long time fan of Mr. Rainbow's work.

Here is an earlier master of putting satire to music, Tom Leherer, who...in this song...happens to be singing about showbiz folks entering politics.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 9:18 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zDXVw0 ... TimHensley

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2023, 3:21 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Funny you mention Dwayne Johnson because one tends to think of him in the same train of thought that you think about Arnold Schwartznegger who...if we have to have a Republican...would be good. Conservative, but socially liberal, and has served as governor of the nation's most populous state, good speaker. At the very least he could whip the GOP back into shape...and restore it to a functioning party (rather than being the combination personality cult, and part criminal organization it is now). Might even unite the nation as a whole. Trouble is that he is foreign born, and thus is forbidden by the Constitution to run for POTUS.

I dunno if anyone could salvage the GOP as a party. So many of them would have to be kicked out/arrested & jailed for supporting an insurrectionist ex president that there's not much left. Those remaining shouldn't want to be saddled with their trump and post trump era reputation.

Yeah, the birth thing screws that up. Which is maybe something that should be ammended. Plenty of very solid American citizens that arrived as young children and have only ever really been American their whole lives. Other adults who might be good candidates, too.

Honey69
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 9:21 pm

This was my favorite one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW2SEpW ... ndyRainbow

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 10:01 pm

naturalplastic wrote:

That would be insane!

Wait till Ye throws his hat into the ring 8O

Ye = Kanye West

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2023, 11:01 pm

Recidivist wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

That would be insane!

Ye = Kanye West
Ye-yo, Trumbo, and Sleepy Joe.

What is this world coming to?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2023, 5:20 am

Fnord wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

That would be insane!

Ye = Kanye West

So...all that we need to add is Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, and Doc, and...we will have it made! :D

Recidivist
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2023, 7:14 am

Fnord wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

That would be insane!

Ye = Kanye West

Scary spherules :lol:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2023, 7:17 am

Is that sperm?

Nice to see you, Recidivist. :lol:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2023, 6:22 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Recidivist wrote:
naturalplastic wrote:

That would be insane!

Ye = Kanye West

So...all that we need to add is Bashful, Grumpy, Sneezy, and Doc, and...we will have it made! :D

DeSantis is Dopey (looks like him too)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!