Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2007, 9:34 pm

Humans are instinctually selfish. They even abuse other humans for their own gratification. They reject love, and they reject God's word.

In ancient Roman times, people were licentious and completely unrestrained with regard to their morals. They had sex all the time. 95% of the population was poor, while the remaining 5% were extravagantly rich and did not donate to charity. There were millions of slaves, and women had virtually no rights. Self-serving politicians stabbed each other in the back (literally) to gain another's position. Animals were abused and sacrificed to hundreds of pagan gods.

Then Jesus came around. He taught that you should love your neighbor, that you shouldn't kill, that you shouldn't strike back. He taught such a radically different message from what was taught by traditional Roman emperors. He was truly a social reformer.

His followers were burned, crucified and fed to lions, but none of them would recant. The Emperors did everything they could to stop Christianity. But it grew, grew, and grew. Then Diocletian made one last-ditch effort to wipe out Christianity, killing millions of people--until, finally, when all was said and done, he realized he had utterly failed. Christianity became legalized, then became the sole legal religion. Constantine abolished many barbaric torture practices. This new religion completely reformed society, and women were given more rights.

But still you gnash your teeth and spit your bile, because you are depraved monsters--same as the Romans were, same as all humans are without Christianity. Your passionate hatred only fuels my faith, showing that such irrationality can only come from the devil.

Atheist regimes in the 20th century killed millions, whereas the Inquisition killed a composite of 2,000 people.

Indeed you will continue your selfish ways, until lo, Christ returns and justice is delivered. He will separate the goats and the sheep. You will get just what you want--eternal sin. But then your god, Satan, will be tossed into a burning lake of fire.

As stated before, only 2% of the world population are atheists. People of your religion have killed millions of people with unspeakable tortures.

Where is the Christian version of Bin Laden? There is none.
There are no Christians blowing themselves up to kill you.

But still, you choose to hate it. You hate it because you cannot stand the truth. You hate it because you hate God. You hate it above all religions, when it has done far less than Islam. When Jesus returns, you will pay for your cruelty, your vice.

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:43 pm

Did you know more people were killed in the name of god than for any other reason? Look at the crusades, the halucaust, slavery, witch trials, priests molesting children, the inquisition, just to name a few...... And ---YOUR--- telling ----ME--- about morality?

snake321
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:46 pm

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic jewish zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree..... Sure, that makes perfect since :roll:

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:47 pm

Chuchulainn, I'm just wondering, I hope you don't take this in a wrong way, just curious, how old are you?

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2007, 9:48 pm

Barely an adult

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:48 pm

ok, just checking :P

Chuchulainn
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2007, 9:52 pm

snake321 wrote:
Did you know more people were killed in the name of god than for any other reason? Look at the crusades, the halucaust, slavery, witch trials, priests molesting children, the inquisition, just to name a few...... And ---YOUR--- telling ----ME--- about morality?

You aren't very good with grammar, are you? Just as a hint, there's a difference between your and you're, and indefinately is indefinitely.

Listen, I know you've been brainwashed to think that, but it's not true. The Holocaust was not a Christian event. Hitler hated Christianity and liked European paganism/occultism, but he didn't persecute it because he would instantly lose support from everyone in Europe.

I'm sure there are just as many, if not more, atheists who molest children than priests, because in general religion bolsters morality.

The Salem Witch Trials killed a total of 15 people.

The Crusades were started because Muslims were torturing Christian pilgrims.

Mao, Stalin, and atheist douchebags killed millions.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:53 pm

please don't feed the trolls.

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 9:55 pm

Quote:
Hitler hated Christianity and liked European paganism/occultism, but he didn't persecute it because he would instantly lose support from everyone in Europe

You haven't studied Hitler have you. Every knew he wouldn't gain any support when he wrote about what he planned to do. That didn't stop him though did he. Because he went out and did it, and quite quickly at that.

You're either a complete fool or someone who deosn't know a thing about history if you honsetly think Hitker would have not promotoed something because of how everyone would react to it.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 10:20 pm

i r sorry. I be betterer person now.

:(

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

greenblue
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 10:30 pm

Chuchulainn wrote:
Humans are instinctually selfish. They even abuse other humans for their own gratification. They reject love, and they reject God's word.

well, humans in early christianity and primitive judaism pretty much abused other humans, didn't they? And even today some do.

Quote:
In ancient Roman times, people were licentious and completely unrestrained with regard to their morals. They had sex all the time.

What's wrong with that? :P

Quote:
There were millions of slaves, and women had virtually no rights.

Israel/Palestine in Jesus' time, and before him, they had slaves and women did not have rights, it is in the Bible, and apparently God in the OT didn't forbid slavery to their people and was ok with mysoginy. Women in ancient Rome seemed to have more rights before they adopted christianity actually.

Quote:
Animals were abused and sacrificed to hundreds of pagan gods.

Some animals were sacrificed to God in the pre-christian era.

Quote:
Then Jesus came around. He taught that you should love your neighbor, that you shouldn't kill, that you shouldn't strike back. He taught such a radically different message from what was taught by traditional Roman emperors. He was truly a social reformer.

Yeah I agree, it is very likely his ideas were seem very radical at the time to jewish people and to the romans as well.

Quote:
His followers were burned, crucified and fed to lions, but none of them would recant. The Emperors did everything they could to stop Christianity. But it grew, grew, and grew. Then Diocletian made one last-ditch effort to wipe out Christianity, killing millions of people--until, finally, when all was said and done, he realized he had utterly failed. Christianity became legalized, then became the sole legal religion. Constantine abolished many barbaric torture practices. This new religion completely reformed society, and women were given more rights.

Christians and jewish were persecuted, I believe Constantine may have adopted christianity as a politically strategy, combining things from early christianity with their own pagan rituals, which resulted and originated the catholic church. And about women given more rights, I think it was the opposite.

Quote:
But still you gnash your teeth and spit your bile, because you are depraved monsters--same as the Romans were, same as all humans are without Christianity. Your passionate hatred only fuels my faith, showing that such irrationality can only come from the devil.

All civilizations and societies in ancient times were barbarians, not only the romans.

Quote:
Atheist regimes in the 20th century killed millions, whereas the Inquisition killed a composite of 2,000 people.

Indeed you will continue your selfish ways, until lo, Christ returns and justice is delivered. He will separate the goats and the sheep. You will get just what you want--eternal sin. But then your god, Satan, will be tossed into a burning lake of fire.

As stated before, only 2% of the world population are atheists. People of your religion have killed millions of people with unspeakable tortures.

Is there any reliable source for the numbers and statistics of all of this?

Quote:
Where is the Christian version of Bin Laden? There is none.
There are no Christians blowing themselves up to kill you.

I think some people from the klu klux klan are christians, or call themselves christians.

Quote:
But still, you choose to hate it. You hate it because you cannot stand the truth. You hate it because you hate God. You hate it above all religions, when it has done far less than Islam. When Jesus returns, you will pay for your cruelty, your vice.

I am not atheist, but not believing in the existence of God or lacking the belief does not constitute hating him, it is not something like "I hate God so I chose to deny his existence", it is a skeptical thinking about all things supernatural, etc.

Last edited by greenblue on 13 Nov 2007, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gwenevyn
l'esprit de l'escalier
l'esprit de l'escalier

13 Nov 2007, 10:36 pm

Evangelization of any kind is usually more successful sans insults. :wink:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2007, 11:15 pm

Considering human behavior in general religion seems to have very little influence on humanity's capability to behave well.

Sedaka
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 12:20 am

great! ill have more personal space in hell

got free science papers?

www.pubmed.gov
www.sciencedirect.com
http://highwire.stanford.edu/lists/freeart.dtl

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2007, 1:00 am

I'm going to hell because I am a witch :)
though in my own religion its the Summerlands
a wonderful, heaven like place-where I get sex, nudity, all of lifes wonderful things
where no one ever suffers and there is lots of food for all
and its always a good day :P

Apollyon
Toucan
Toucan

14 Nov 2007, 3:39 am

I'm going to Hell because the people there are more interesting. :D