It scares me a lot, but there are other things that scare me too 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
It is one of the scarriest things I have heard 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It is one of the scarriest things I have heard 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 28

Roman
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 1:39 am

There is a song "citizen in hell" that is supposed to scare you and lead you to accept Jesus. Prophet Elizabeth reproduced by holy spirit what she heard sang in hell by a real man. She claims that even satanists became Christians after hearing this song. SHe also says that if this song doesn't scare you, it means you are already hell bound and beyond redemption. So this leads me to asking you how many of you are hell bound by seeing how many of you were actually scared by the song. She said that when she heard that person in hell singing, it took for her 10 days to recover. Here is the link to this song: http://amightywind.com/hell/audiofilelinks.htm

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 1:47 am

What scares me is that there are people who believe that sort of stuff.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 3:21 am

I'm not going to bother with it because they have the whole wrong idea behind the purpose of converting people to Christianity. Avoiding Hell is a nice fringe benefit, but is not the main point. :roll:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 4:45 am

I beleive that there is no HELL. People die but do not go to hell and most people don't go to heaven. I believe that when God's Will is made that A New Earth and Life on Earth that there will be a RESURRECTION of the DEAD. As Acts 24:15 says: and I have hope toward God, which hope these men themselves also entertain, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous.

adversarial
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 6:42 am

Roman wrote:
She claims that even satanists became Christians after hearing this song. SHe also says that if this song doesn't scare you, it means you are already hell bound and beyond redemption.

Which is all a bit of a self-fulfilling/self-serving prophecy, isn't it?

yealc
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 10:04 am

Ahh I am with Sean on this one. Things like that just make religion and Christianity seem like a joke anyway and do more harm than good. Plus we don't have the right to say who is headed to hell only God has that right. And I could go on and on and on but I won't.

Y

"I never could get the hang of Thursdays"

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 12:06 pm

I'm kinda disappointed. She gives this really long buildup and then the song itself sounds like something that the Oompa-Loompas might sing. I laughed.

So I guess I'm... on the Hiiiiiiiighwaaaay to HELL. :twisted:

Liadain
Raven
Raven

24 Sep 2005, 12:12 pm

Exactly what I thought, sanityisoverrated. She totally ripped off the chorus of a song I read in one of those "Scary Stories" books I read when I was ten: the worms crawl in, the worms crawl out, the worms play pinochle on your snout... and so on. Her lyrics were slightly different but the tune was exactly the same. It didn't frighten me then and it doesn't frighten me now.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 12:21 pm

It must be a joke.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 12:33 pm

It was boring. Oh, and I agree with Sean.

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 12:34 pm

eamonn wrote:
It must be a joke.

I doubt that. Have you been to America before? We've got some pretty crazy-stupid people here.

Namiko
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 1:11 pm

Sean wrote:
I'm not going to bother with it because they have the whole wrong idea behind the purpose of converting people to Christianity. Avoiding Hell is a nice fringe benefit, but is not the main point. :roll:

I agree. And they most certainly are not going to truly convert people by preaching fiery hell and brimstone all the time. Yes, I do believe that there is Hell and that those who do not believe in Christ are going there (separate debate, okay?), but this is not the way to convert people. *mumbles something under her breath about stupid idiots*

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 3:30 pm

I see the action of sending to Hell people who do not believe in you as an action of a bad-tempered child, not of a God. I am pretty sure The Lord would not send anyone to Hell unless they did something of dreadful proportions (e.g. genocide) and even then there is still enough time in eternity for redemption.

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 3:50 pm

I was just thinking about what you said, RobertN. On the flip side, is there really anyone who is deserving of having no punishment at all in the afterlife?

Let's say there is this guy. He murders people for the fun of it and he is put in jail. When he is in jail he realised the way he lived his life was wrong. He turns his life around (or for all the Christians, he is saved). Should he go straight to Heaven? Even though he has changed, shouldn't he be punished for his crimes?

Maybe the afterlife is like Purgatory. That makes the most sense to me.

RobertN
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 3:56 pm

Quote:
Maybe the afterlife is like Purgatory. That makes the most sense to me.

Yes that makes most sense to me as well. I do believe in the afterlife, but I don't think it is as clear cut as Heaven or Hell. I also think it depends on the state of your soul and whether YOU think you have led a just life, rather than an external set of morals, that are not really relevent to the modern world.

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2005, 5:54 pm

That was less scary than death metal. AKA, not scary at all. In fact it was rather funny, much like death metal.