Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2008, 4:13 am

You know you have to laugh at this news.
It shows the brutish, visceral nature of their false face fascist society.
They don't respect his right to back out of it if he doesn't want to fro personal reasons and they act like he suddenly spit on their flag or something.
Chinese media is a joke, no opinion exists in that country, every blogger on every site is a government agent that is paid to incite anger among the people to distract them from domestic problems.
Yet, despite the fact that this is all apparent, China puts on this false face to hide the rot underneath.
(overpopulation, rampant sexism, government tyranny, corporate slavery, massive poverty.)
and no I am not anti-chinese, I just don't like when people ignore the fact that they are still a dictatorship over some movies(which are good by the way) and an ancient culture and suddenly think that they are the most advanced civilization in the world. The United States is crap too, this country has tons of problems, but at least we have some right to say that we do and not risk getting arrested for it. I appreciate chinese culture and I live in a mainly asian town, but as soon as I bring up 1989, Falun Gong, the censorship, and Darfur. They hold their ears and go La La La La La! I'm not listening to reason, must believe in parental enforced propaganda!
With some people, I do get a reasonable debate however.
And I'll have you know one of my most respected historical figures is Lu Xun (one of the first modern authors in chinese literature, he basically started writing books for the common folk to understand )

Everchanging
Toucan
Toucan

Location: In my ivory tower where I don't have to pretend to care what you think any more.

21 Feb 2008, 6:35 am

I'm glad Spielberg walked away but he's an arse for ever taking the role in the first place.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Feb 2008, 9:06 am

the only thing i like about china is yao ming

monty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 9:19 am

richardbenson wrote:

And General Tso Chicken.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Feb 2008, 9:30 am

yes, chinease food is also apprechiated

monty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:06 am

There are only 2 things we like about China: Yao Ming, and Chinese food. And fireworks. Three - there are 3 things we like about China.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Feb 2008, 10:33 am

I like Chinese people.. When you know them they are the most generous people ever and very friendly, polite and respectful. But this doesnt mean they dont suffer from bad leadership like the rest of us all over the world.

gekitsu
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:40 am

monty wrote:
There are only 2 things we like about China: Yao Ming, and Chinese food. And fireworks. Three - there are 3 things we like about China.

and shu qi! shes so freakin cute!

monty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 10:57 am

gekitsu wrote:
monty wrote:

and shu qi! shes so freakin cute!

Ok, there are four things we like about China - Shu Qi, Yao Ming, Chinese food - wait, Li Gong is cute too. Five things!! Shu Qi, Li Gong, Chinese food, fireworks, and Yao Ming. The government is terrible, and there are only five things we like about China.

Tensho
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Feb 2008, 11:50 am

Martial Arts movies. :)

monty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 11:55 am

Tensho wrote:
Martial Arts movies. :)

Of course!

Six things:

Kung fu movies
Li Gong
Shu Qi
fireworks
Mu Shu Pork
Yao Ming

And Ginseng!

history_of_psychiatry
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:02 pm

monty wrote:
richardbenson wrote:

And General Tso Chicken.

And Tsing Tao beer

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Feb 2008, 12:03 pm

this thread is ruling Image

doesnt jade come from china? i love me some jade, & jade carvings so we might as well throw her on the list

monty
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2008, 12:16 pm

Jade is found in many parts of the world - there are actually several different minerals called jade. True jade can be heated red-hot and dropped straight in water, wont crack or shatter like most minerals. China does have many jade carvings. Maybe a jade mug to drink that T'sing Tao in?

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

21 Feb 2008, 12:27 pm

yarr right about the jade, it is very tough. my favorite is imperial jade, i have some jadeite jade in my rock collection, (non imperial quality) :)

windscar15
Toucan
Toucan

21 Feb 2008, 2:21 pm

Let's not forget discount airsoft guns!
And the celebrities are cool too.