Page 2 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:17 pm

Jaded wrote:
You know what I find amusing?

When Bush first got into office, he initiated a car tax (registration) relief. Many, MANY americans received checks in the mail for several hundred dollars.
Perfectly valid counter-claim, but it's time for you filthy pigs to start answering our points. The ball isn't going to go bouncing into your court this time. Quit being a p****, and answer the points stated in the OP and in several following posts.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 2:18 pm

Jaded wrote:
You're such a tool.
And you like to roll in your own feces.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:14 pm

Jaded wrote:
You know what I find amusing?

When Bush first got into office, he initiated a car tax (registration) relief. Many, MANY americans received checks in the mail for several hundred dollars. I didn't see anyone publicly burning their tax relief checks in the name of hating GWB, no, they took the money and happily spent it.

You don't hear about that.

So here it comes again. There is tax relief coming in May to the tune of (something like) $600 per adult and $300 per child. That's $1800 for this household.

Do you think any public check burnings will take place?

Hmm, guessing not.

Oh, but they'll continue to b***h about him as they're spending the money Image

I'm actually opposed to the rebate because it's not going to do what the politicians want it to do. The politicians think people are still in economic La-La Land and thus will spend the money on consumer junk instead of saving it or using it to pay down debts. The politicians don't get that people are rapidly getting forced out of the debt-fueled binge of the last 15 years that has propped up the US economy while good-paying jobs have been sent overseas.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 3:40 pm

Griff wrote:
Perfectly valid counter-claim, but it's time for you filthy pigs to start answering our points. The ball isn't going to go bouncing into your court this time. Quit being a p****, and answer the points stated in the OP and in several following posts.

I'm not interested in debating with someone whose defense is "quit being a p****" or involves farm stock.

....Amazing, the number of parents who let their children use the internet unsupervised these days.

Jaded
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 5:44 pm

Odin wrote:
I'm actually opposed to the rebate because it's not going to do what the politicians want it to do. The politicians think people are still in economic La-La Land and thus will spend the money on consumer junk instead of saving it or using it to pay down debts. The politicians don't get that people are rapidly getting forced out of the debt-fueled binge of the last 15 years that has propped up the US economy while good-paying jobs have been sent overseas.

Some would argue that those several hundreds of dollars issued in rebates throughout the GWB administration is what kept some from starving, not making rent, fueling costs to get to work, etc.

I would have to agree with you on stopgaps, though.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2008, 6:29 pm

Jaded wrote:
Some would argue that those several hundreds of dollars issued in rebates throughout the GWB administration is what kept some from starving, not making rent, fueling costs to get to work, etc.

yeah, it worked as welfare rather than as an economic stimulus. that's not a good thing.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 12:10 am

Griff wrote:
Hey, Zendell: Stick it up your ass.

Griff wrote:
you like to roll in your own feces.

Griff wrote:
it's time for you filthy pigs to start answering our points...Quit being a p****

Anyone else think this troll should be banned? All Griff does is post Democrat/liberal propaganda and has a temper tantrum everytime someone proves him wrong.

Griff, you seriously need to get a life! Ask your mommy to help you find a hobby besides trolling on WP. If you can learn to be a good boy maybe one of your peers at your elementary school will want to be friends with you.

zendell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 2:01 pm

Griff wrote:

Griff wrote:
you like to roll in your own feces.

Griff wrote:
it's time for you filthy pigs to start answering our points...Quit being a p****

BTW, you make Democrats look bad everytime you post their propaganda and have to attack those who disagree because you have no evidence to support their beliefs. Disinformation and childish attacks don't work with the rest of us.

Last edited by zendell on 22 Apr 2008, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 4:50 pm

Jaded wrote:
Griff wrote:

I'm not interested in debating with someone whose defense is "quit being a p****" or involves farm stock.
Ah-ah, Miss Priss! You started the personal invective.

Now, why is it that, when Republicans plaster up their propaganda, the Democrats are required to answer and defend themselves over every last claim, whether or not it applies to their own views, but, when Democrats make a few stabs of their own, the Republicans are allowed to reply merely with more of their propaganda? These "debates" have been pretty lopsided. I've got a few points of my own to drive in, and I'm going to twist the knife.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2008, 4:57 pm

zendell wrote:
BTW, you make Democrats look bad everytime you post their propaganda and have to attack those who disagree because you have no evidence to support their beliefs.
:?

A fictitious discussion is being carried on in your mind.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 8:29 am

Griff wrote:

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... _feed.html

I'm about sick of conservatives. They're parasites, man! Look at how much money these guys are draining from our pockets! These hypocrites claim that they're being robbed, but who is really being robbed, here? Where do the parasites live? They live in the red states! They all live in the effing red states! That's where all the piggies live, ladies and gents!

AND THEY'RE TOO STUPID TO REALIZE IT!!

The real parasites are the liberals who exploit the rural population and than use statistics to twist reality.

Farmer welfare payments end up back in the blue states threw lower food prices. The food travels on highways funded with federal dollars, so once again the federal spending transports food to the blue states. Army Corp Of Engineers spends most of the money in the red states and the people in the blue states benefit from the spending.

Reality is the hicks aren't living high on the hog off government spending, it's the urban yuppies benefiting the most from it. Look at the people instead of the statistics and some guy in Miss. compared to some guy in Mass. will show who has it made from the wealth transfer compared to how hard they work.
Biff might suffer a paper cut in his air conditioned office while Bubba is out doing real physical labor in the heat more hours every week than silly Biff could imagine.

Bubba is a productive worker, Biff is skimming off Bubba's labor.

I don't think the government is going to build a place like white sands missle range in CT or NJ or have large boarder control opperations in MASS.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 2:49 pm

Never done any heavy industrial, you say? I see.

Get a real job, redneck.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 6:04 pm

Griff wrote:

Get a real job, redneck.

I'm self employed with one customer, ME.

Don't strain yourself reading and turning pages in books. :P

Ever think that the federal dollar per state bull is warped by the locations of corperate headquarters, not many in north dakota is there. Not only the corporate taxes, it's also the payroll at the headquarters. So the average smuch in the states paying more in federal taxes than the state get back has absolutely nothing to do with the statistics being what they are.

General Electric sure didn't make their billions in CT. but it's their tax home. They sucked the profits out of everyone in the country and paid federal income taxes from the state where their corporate headquarters is located.

You are easy to trick aren't you :?: fall for all sorts of nonsense 8O

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/335.html

it's another scam using statistics, this liberal hellhole i live in only screws a small percentage of the population, but in general screws tourists and vacation home owners. The tax burden isn't as bad as it looks for Joe & Jane average. CT is the same way, rated a high tax state, but only because of so many wealthy people paying in so much for the government criminals to stuff in their pockets.

Griff
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 7:38 pm

Sorry for pursuing a happy and successful life, I guess. As much as I would love to exploit and take advantage of you, I'm afraid to say that I am not. It would please me greatly, however, to have an opportunity to contribute to your miserable failure as a person.

Anyway, might I also point out that higher net incomes pretty much guarantee a higher average tax if the same curve is applied. Even if you went with an all-out flat tax, you would see a higher average tax in states rich in affluent families.

I think that I showed that very same link myself in my OP, by the way, or I may have posted it up elsewhere. If you were to look on the right-hand side, you would see a very different mix from that which is shown on the left. It seems to me that there is a fair mix.

In any case, on to the show!

www.itepnet.org/wp2000/pr.pdf

Look at the piggies! Look at the rich, little piggies, living the high life at the expense of the poor! LOOK AT 'EM!! !

You really see a pretty even mix there.

Here's how your beloved red states treat the working poor, though, and their system does more than any welfare system could do to discourage people from doing something to help advance themselves.

In the red states, the poor are being punished for increasing their employment.

http://www.cbpp.org/2-22-06sfp.htm

And Johnnie, again, I am sincerely sorry that I'm not interested in becoming the puking disgrace of a failure at life that you did. Perhaps you should have considered looking for work in the cities. The factories here in Wilmington are always hiring. They do their hiring through temp agencies, so they can fire you easily if it turns out you're too pathetic and wasteful to be worth hiring on full-time. Getting work here is like falling off a horse. It's hard to avoid. I'd love to see you do the work my room-mate does. He doesn't work blue-collar because he comes from a poor family, though: he does it because he happens to LIKE working blue-collar. He's not complaining about his taxes from what I've heard from him. He doesn't like them, but they're not a central issue in his life. He's perfectly content as long as he's able to make ends meet and support his growing family. You know why he doesn't complain about taxes, Johnnie? Because he's not like you. He doesn't count what's taken away from him. He counts his blessings. Working the job he does, which is easily attainable to anyone who can hack it, he is making more than enough to keep himself and his family in what is really a pretty reasonable neighborhood, AFTER taxes. He's working a job that you were too much of a p**** to handle. In a way, so am I: you apparently never had the balls to go to college, and, if you did, you never completed it or made anything of it. Why is that, Johnnie? Because your mommy and daddy were poor? It's not like the government doesn't give you plenty of oppurtunities to seek financial aid. They would have been THRILLED to put you through college for next to nothing. No, your mommy and daddy aren't to blame to the fact that you never amounted to anything, Johnnie. It's all on you, you old fart. Perhaps you should find something better to do than taunt college kids over the fact that they're not flushing their lives down the same toilet that you did.

Hey, if I get tired of college, I've got dozens of fine job opportunities right here in the same city I'm living in right now. It's called heavy industry, and it's not something you usually find buried out in the woods. It's not that they like building in cities, though! Most of the mills and plants you'll find are the ones that originally CAUSED a place to become an urban center in the first place. That's what makes areas grow. That's what makes people who think they can hack it want to move there. I could have the debt incurred by my student loans taken care of within my first two months, man. If I wanted it easy and risk-free, THAT is where I would go.

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 10:16 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Griff wrote:

Get a real job, redneck.

I'm self employed with one customer, ME.

Don't strain yourself reading and turning pages in books. :P

Ever think that the federal dollar per state bull is warped by the locations of corperate headquarters, not many in north dakota is there. Not only the corporate taxes, it's also the payroll at the headquarters. So the average smuch in the states paying more in federal taxes than the state get back has absolutely nothing to do with the statistics being what they are.

General Electric sure didn't make their billions in CT. but it's their tax home. They sucked the profits out of everyone in the country and paid federal income taxes from the state where their corporate headquarters is located.

You are easy to trick aren't you :?: fall for all sorts of nonsense 8O

http://www.taxfoundation.org/taxdata/show/335.html

it's another scam using statistics, this liberal hellhole i live in only screws a small percentage of the population, but in general screws tourists and vacation home owners. The tax burden isn't as bad as it looks for Joe & Jane average. CT is the same way, rated a high tax state, but only because of so many wealthy people paying in so much for the government criminals to stuff in their pockets.

if you are self employed why are you complaining about taxes?

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2008, 10:23 pm

Johnnie wrote:
Griff wrote:

http://taxprof.typepad.com/taxprof_blog ... _feed.html

I'm about sick of conservatives. They're parasites, man! Look at how much money these guys are draining from our pockets! These hypocrites claim that they're being robbed, but who is really being robbed, here? Where do the parasites live? They live in the red states! They all live in the effing red states! That's where all the piggies live, ladies and gents!

AND THEY'RE TOO STUPID TO REALIZE IT!!

The real parasites are the liberals who exploit the rural population and than use statistics to twist reality.

Farmer welfare payments end up back in the blue states threw lower food prices. The food travels on highways funded with federal dollars, so once again the federal spending transports food to the blue states. Army Corp Of Engineers spends most of the money in the red states and the people in the blue states benefit from the spending.

Reality is the hicks aren't living high on the hog off government spending, it's the urban yuppies benefiting the most from it. Look at the people instead of the statistics and some guy in Miss. compared to some guy in Mass. will show who has it made from the wealth transfer compared to how hard they work.
Biff might suffer a paper cut in his air conditioned office while Bubba is out doing real physical labor in the heat more hours every week than silly Biff could imagine.

Bubba is a productive worker, Biff is skimming off Bubba's labor.

I don't think the government is going to build a place like white sands missle range in CT or NJ or have large boarder control opperations in MASS.

please provide evidence for your arguments, they are pointless and biased with out them :)