Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 6:15 pm

So there are parts of the Bible that say Jesus is God and parts that say Jesus is God's son? For those of you who believe that Jesus is God, how can he be God and the son of God at the same time? :?

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 6:30 pm

Bec wrote:
So there are parts of the Bible that say Jesus is God and parts that say Jesus is God's son? For those of you who believe that Jesus is God, how can he be God and the son of God at the same time? :?

They are two of three simultaneous faces of one being, and they are connected as one outside our three dimensions.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 6:36 pm

So why does Jesus 'talk to god his father' in the bible then for guidance. It looks like the big man upstairs created two sockpuppet accounts for himself. :lol:

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 6:59 pm

eamonn wrote:
So why does Jesus 'talk to god his father' in the bible then for guidance. It looks like the big man upstairs created two sockpuppet accounts for himself. :lol:

That's kind of what it seems like to me. Even if the there are three faces to the same thing, why do those three faces talk to each other?

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:28 pm

Because Jesus is not God. God create Jesus, Jesus is apart of creation as we are apart of creation too.

Jesus is the firstborn of creation, he was Spirit Born in the heavens and helped God create everything.

He prays to God to do His Will. Jesus says: Saying, Father if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. Luke 22:42

For God is a Separate Being, as Jesus is a separate Being, The Holy Ghost or Spirit is not even a Being.

Hence there is no Trinity.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 7:49 pm

He is referred to as god and the son of god by christians though. According to them god created all men so how was Jesus any different to make him 'the' son of god when we are supposed to be his children too. The bible really is a mass of contradictions.

Why do most christians consider Mary to be a virgin when she had Jesus? Surely this is unlikely. Why did god need a woman to carry jesus when there was no sex involved? Why didnt he create Jesus the same way he created Adam and Eve. They where imperfect because god made humans that way but when he used a human to carry a baby of his this baby was perfect? Why didnt god just come down and act himself like he supposedly did in the old testament.

Why is it now that things can be documented well , recorded and basically proved as historical fact that god or his son/daughter never pops up and creates miracles? The cults and worshipping of people like David Koresh has shown us that lots of us need some sort of god to follow but i think thereligious types are clutching onto straws really.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:12 pm

Jesus is the redeemer for all of mankind.

Mary gave birth because she was impregnated by Holy Ghost or Spirit: Joseph thou son David fear not take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 1:20.

God needed to take away the sins of Adam, Jesus did that since he was sinless. By Dying on the Cross or Tree.

Jesus most likely never had children.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:24 pm

Bec wrote:
That's kind of what it seems like to me. Even if the there are three faces to the same thing, why do those three faces talk to each other?

To describe to us the dynamics going on within the three parts of the Trinity taking place in unseen dimensions. God made it known to Moses early on that He was too complex for human comprehension- even before the Trinity was fully revealed to us (there is probably only about a few paragraphs of Revelation left to be decreed shortly before the end of time, but there's only one human who ever knew if it contains information on the Trinity or not).

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:28 pm

Why did god need to send Jesus to do that when he is god anyway. I take if John Smith from a thousand years ago shook some apples out a tree that wasnt his and ate one then i can beat myself to death to redeem mankind. Im sorry to offend but it all sounds loopy to me. Vengeful, contradictory and damnright nonsense imo.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:31 pm

kevv729 wrote:

Mary gave birth because she was impregnated by Holy Ghost or Spirit: Joseph thou son David fear not take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. Matthew 1:20.

Impregnated by what? A magic spell? It would be far to terrible for a conservative religion to admit that their saviour came about from the old fashioned way. Far too unholy. :roll:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:50 pm

eamonn wrote:
kevv729 wrote:

Impregnated by what? A magic spell? It would be far to terrible for a conservative religion to admit that their saviour came about from the old fashioned way. Far too unholy. :roll:
By God's own Holy Spirit. His Personal Force got Mary to conceive Jesus.
Jesus had to come from God's Holy Spirit. If he would have come from a man then he would have Adam's sin too.

Last edited by kevv729 on 20 Oct 2005, 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 8:56 pm

eamonn wrote:
Why did god need to send Jesus to do that when he is god anyway. I take if John Smith from a thousand years ago shook some apples out a tree that wasnt his and ate one then i can beat myself to death to redeem mankind. Im sorry to offend but it all sounds loopy to me. Vengeful, contradictory and damnright nonsense imo.
Because man sinned Jesus needed to become a man too. So He as a man could take away the sin of Adam for mankind. That is how Jesus redeems mankind.

eamonn
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:02 pm

OK, i get what you mean. It still hasnt been explained to my satisfaction but im a cynic anyway (it's served me well in life :wink: ).

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:13 pm

Sean wrote:
Bec wrote:

To describe to us the dynamics going on within the three parts of the Trinity taking place in unseen dimensions. God made it known to Moses early on that He was too complex for human comprehension- even before the Trinity was fully revealed to us (there is probably only about a few paragraphs of Revelation left to be decreed shortly before the end of time, but there's only one human who ever knew if it contains information on the Trinity or not).
Sean You are making God a Mystery. God does not want us to see Him as a Mystery. He should not be so Mysterious to us. He wants us to know Him for what is truly is God, For us to get to know Him and Him to get to know us too.

For we all are living in the Last Days, more has been revealed to us more than any other time in the history of mankind.

Sean
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:44 pm

kevv729 wrote:
Sean wrote:
Bec wrote:

Sean You are making God a Mystery. God does not want us to see Him as a Mystery. He should not be so Mysterious to us. He wants us to know Him for what is truly is God, For us to get to know Him and Him to get to know us too.

For we all are living in the Last Days, more has been revealed to us more than any other time in the history of mankind.

Okay, so my explaination doesn't make very much sense in a regular three dimensional environment. The way I came to understand it involved four dimensions of space and two dimensions of time. Personally, I always had trouble with the literary explainations, but think the spacial/mathematical one is incredible! C.S. Lewis has a great explainatin of the relation between God the Father and Son that is more of a literary style, so I'll have to go find it later.

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

20 Oct 2005, 9:54 pm

Sean is this book

on the internet

somewhere.

So I can read it

for myself.