zeitgeist--a movie about elitism, 9/11, and you

Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

06 Feb 2008, 3:44 pm

www.zeitgeistmovie.com

This video came in a few months back and consists of three grand conspiracies.

I: The Greatest Story Ever Told
II. (on 9/11 but can't remember title)
III. Don't Mind the Men Behind the Curtain

It is very well polished and explains their points all too well. There are various links to sources, and though there may be a few weak ones, the rest of the puzzle pieces are in place very well.

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 9:39 am

I've no idea what's a big deal about the whole film - a fan of conspiracy theories won't find anything new in it. Anyway, there are mistakes in it.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 9:47 am

We had a thread on this a few months back.

Someone (nambo?) also posted a video interview with Aaron Russo (sp?) somewhere, that goes into depth about his experiences (an important part in the 3rd zeitgeist section) worth watching that as well.

E2A: here it is;

Aaron Russo

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Feb 2008, 1:27 pm

i think i also posted a thread on this, some of it might be true especially the part about jesus being a ripoff of the egyption god horus

matrix
Veteran
Veteran

12 Feb 2008, 11:35 pm

psych wrote:
We had a thread on this a few months back.

Someone (nambo?) also posted a video interview with Aaron Russo (sp?) somewhere, that goes into depth about his experiences (an important part in the 3rd zeitgeist section) worth watching that as well.

E2A: here it is;

Aaron Russo

"Russo died of bladder cancer at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles, California on August 24, 2007, at age 64,[9][10] following a six year battle with the disease.[11] Russo said his goal was to "try and get the word out to the public about what's happening to America -- and give them an opportunity to try to change things." For an epitaph on his headstone after his death, he told the Las Vegas Sun (November 4, 1999), "I want it to say, 'Freedom Fighter.' "

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Russo

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 12:45 pm

Was going to post a thread about this but found an old one instead!! *bump*

Who else has seen this? What are your opinions? (Especially Americans, who it concerns the most!)

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 4:03 pm

Actually, also - Christians who've seen it, what do you say to Part One??

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 4:50 pm

I saw it a few months back and really liked it, not that I am into conspiracy theory's,
I thought it was a very well made documentary, and really pointed out some obvious
sources for westren religions. I had also seen this movies complete opposite, a piece
of crap called The Secret, which really pissed me off when someone posted a
thread awhile back

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 4:57 pm

Ew, yes, "The *Secret* ". Nuff said. :roll:

Just to point out though, to all those who go "Oh no, a conspiracy theory (this isn't pointed at you, Spudnik) - do you believe the BS standard line about 9/11? That a bunch of evil arabs controlled by an evil arab leader from a cave halfway around the world flew planes into the towers and the pentagon and caused the buildings to collapse? Because if you do, that's the most famous conspiracy theory of them all.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:01 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Just to point out though, to all those who go "Oh no, a conspiracy theory (this isn't pointed at you, Spudnik) - do you believe the BS standard line about 9/11? That a bunch of evil arabs controlled by an evil arab leader from a cave halfway around the world flew planes into the towers and the pentagon and caused the buildings to collapse? Because if you do, that's the most famous conspiracy theory of them all.

Pointing out that one explanation is a conspiracy theory lends no additional credence to other conspiracy theories.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:07 pm

Orwell wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:

Pointing out that one explanation is a conspiracy theory lends no additional credence to other conspiracy theories.

Wasn't implying that it does - was simply pointing out that people happily throw the phrase around, without realising that most of them buy into the most famous one of all.

"Oh no, you're a wacko, you believe in conspiracy theories..." *ooooooh*
"Yeah, well, so do you!"

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:17 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Wasn't implying that it does - was simply pointing out that people happily throw the phrase around, without realising that most of them buy into the most famous one of all.

"Yeah, well, so do you!"

Fair enough. I think the colloquial definition of "conspiracy theory" may be somewhat different from yours, though.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:19 pm

Orwell wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:

"Yeah, well, so do you!"

Fair enough. I think the colloquial definition of "conspiracy theory" may be somewhat different from yours, though.

I think it is too, but it's still worth pointing out.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:21 pm

LeKiwi wrote:

Well, arguing over definitions is probably less convincing than any factual evidence you could present.

LeKiwi
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:26 pm

Orwell wrote:
LeKiwi wrote:

Well, arguing over definitions is probably less convincing than any factual evidence you could present.

Ahh, but I do present it... trouble is getting people to open their eyes and ears whilst presenting. ;)

(Watch the film if you're not buying the 'inside job' stuff in this particular one, they explain it far better than little old me here ever could).

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 5:31 pm

LeKiwi wrote:
Ew, yes, "The *Secret* ". Nuff said. :roll:

There are somethings that I don't think the general population will never know about 9/11, I think there may be a cover up, and there was some conflicting evidence regarding the pentagon and the lack of plane wreckage, I don't really think George Bush is responsible for 9/11, but I believe someone knew before all this went down.