Jesus 53%  53%  [ 25 ]
Satan 47%  47%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 47

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 8:46 am

MR_BOGAN wrote:
I pensonally don't know either so can't vote.

DeanFoley wrote:
Neither are real.

lau wrote:
Who are they?

Khan_Sama wrote:
Jesus ... Satan ... There's no documented proof of their existence.

skafather84 wrote:
one's a ficional character ... i'd rather a fictional character.
pretend evil is always better than the real thing … satan only has fairytales …
satan is a part of the christian mythology.

monty wrote:
if they don't believe in Satan at all, do you really think they would be committed to the red guy with a tail and horns?

So, non-belief in someone's power over you means they have no power over you? That's rather naïve!
I think the following pretty much answers that.
Note: I picked the following clip for the song,
not the photo montage. As a Biblical Christian, though, I am anti-gay.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbV7TWuZb8M[/youtube]

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:17 am

"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

(Matt 10:32-33)

The poll in this thread, and the answers given by each participant, may well be considered by God as indicated above.
The verse indicates that He will hold you all to your answers.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:24 am

Ragtime wrote:
"Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven."

The poll in this thread, and the answers given by each participant, may well be considered by God as indicated above.

So, knowing that people find you irritating, and knowing that some people will say anything to tweak you, aren't you really functioning to create more public denials of God? That's effective use of reverse psychology - for Team Satan.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:33 am

I voted for Satan so the thread's creator can rest assured in the fact that us dirty pinko liberals will go to Hell. Regardless of how I voted, he would come to that conclusion anyway, so I figured I would at least make it easier.

But in all honesty Ragtime, I can't see how you could really get serious results from this. Many WP members are neither Christians nor Satanists, so I don't see how they can make the divine choice of picking one over the other. What, exactly, are you getting from the results? That people prefer hatred, suffering, and evil over eternal love and salvation? In all honesty, your antics have pushed me farther from Christianity than anything. You come off as a smug person who takes pleasure in the notion that those who disagree with you will suffer in hell as opposed to a humble sharer of God's love. As an agnostic, I am not closed to the idea of God, but the people who have truly made me wonder about divinity and truly made me pick up my Bible (yes, I have one) are humble and kind, not dripping with pious arrogance.

I can be a prick sometimes, but I try to be a good person; I really do. However, I also do not have a religious faith and choose to understand the world through objective scientific truths, as are many people on this forum. Knowing this, what honest purpose can you have with threats of hell and "Satan vs. Jesus" internet polls except to behave like an arrogant child? I also took care to notice your other thread about Jesus not respecting other people's beliefs (with no room for Buddha, as you smugly noted), which we all could see was a not-so-subtle way of defending your own pushy brand of evangelism. Guess what? Jesus was God. He performed miracles. You yammer on an internet forum. Surely you can remotely understand why I won't embrace your belief system; it doesn't mean I love Satan. It means I have an critical mind; a mind that God gave me.

Last edited by Phagocyte on 30 May 2008, 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:34 am

monty wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

So, knowing that people find you irritating, and knowing that some people will say anything to tweak you, aren't you really functioning to create more public denials of God?

No, I am not. And I don't intend to be irritating, nor can I control who is irritated by the truths I present.
And I do mainly present documented truths and clear logic, not conjecture or opinion, unless I qualify it as such.

I cannot, nor would I try, through irritation (intended or otherwise),
produce an anti-Christic statement from someone who loves Jesus.
Someone who truly loves Jesus will not say he loves Satan more.

My words stir people up in this thread, but only to speak their inner views and decisions.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:39 am

Phagocyte wrote:
I voted for Satan so the thread's creator can rest assured in the fact that us dirty pinko liberals will go to Hell. Regardless of how I voted, he would come to that conclusion anyway, so I figured I would at least make it easier.

But in all honesty Ragtime, I can't see how you could really get serious results from this.

I wrote the question with as clear English words as exist, and indicated all seriousness,
so that's the best I can do to let people know this is a totally serious poll.
If people want to make light of it, God will judge as He will.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:44 am

Phagocyte wrote:
In all honesty, your antics have pushed me farther from Christianity than anything.
You come off as a smug person who takes pleasure in the notion that those who disagree with you will suffer in hell as opposed to a humble sharer of God's love.

You couldn't be further from the truth! I was grieved in my spirit yesterday when people were extolling Satan,
and denying Jesus' existance and Lordship. I almost had a bad evening yesterday because it seems that
many of these people are Hell-bound, and that makes me VERY SAD!

Why do you think I go around this forum explaining Christianity and Jesus' teachings as best I can?
It's because I care about people going to Heaven, and because I DON'T want them to go to Hell.

Last edited by Ragtime on 30 May 2008, 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:45 am

Ragtime wrote:
I wrote the question with as clear English words as exist, and indicated all seriousness,
so that's the best I can do to let people know this is a totally serious poll.
If people want to make light of it, God will judge as He will.

So what? Though I try to be a good person, I am unfortunately a non-Christian who believes in neither Jesus nor Satan; anything beyond that fact is moot in regards to the ultimate fate of my soul.

So, even if I chose Jesus, I would still go to Hell, right? What is the point of this poll?

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:46 am

Ragtime wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
In all honesty, your antics have pushed me farther from Christianity than anything.
You come off as a smug person who takes pleasure in the notion that those who disagree with you will suffer in hell as opposed to a humble sharer of God's love.

You couldn't be further from the truth! I was grieved in my spirit yesterday when people were extolling Satan,
and denying Jesus' existance and Lordship. I almost had a bad evening yesterday because it seems that
many of these people are Hell-bound, and that makes me VERY SAD!

Why do you think I go around this forum explaining Christianity and Jesus' teachings as best I can?
It's because I care about people going to Heaven, and because I DON'T want them to go to Hell.

Well then Ragtime, it certainly doesn't show. Maybe if you expressed your innermost feelings on Christ instead of letting your pushy evangelist side do all the talking, you would make progress.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:53 am

WOW. 8O

Guess what I just now heard, the moment I turned on my Bible-reading mp3 on my iPod, this very minute?

I was in Luke 6, and this exact verse started up just now:

Jesus:
"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven." (Luke 6:22-23)

I kid you not, this JUST NOW HAPPENED!!

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 11:56 am

EDIT: I don't think you're evil, nor do I hate you... Your Bible mp3 is not adequately describing our discussion. And just out of curiosity, why would you rejoice if I hated you?

Here is my honest opinion of this subject:

I know you are a good person. I joke around a lot and can act like a jerk, but I know you mean well, even if you don't seem to show it from my perspective.

But the problem is (and forgive me if this is unclear), you treat non-Christians like Christians. You get aggravated when people like me don't believe in Jesus' divinity, as if I know Christ exists but I choose to turn my back on him. That's not what I'm doing. I don't know Christ; I can neither embrace nor dislike what I don't understand or believe to exist.

It has nothing to do with my moral compass, but the way I approach and look at the world. Jesus Christ obviously means everything to you; If you made a post explaining why you are a Christian and why you embrace the Bible (without rude comments about liberals or Buddhists), I would be sure to read and seriously discuss it.

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 12:04 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
EDIT: I don't think you're evil, nor do I hate you... Your Bible mp3 is not adequately describing our discussion.

I'm not referring to you specifically, I'm referring to how I'm thought of by many
on Wrong Planet who clearly "hate" me, certainly "revile" me, and "speak evil of my name".
Who knows, maybe I'll even be "seperated from your company" (banned).

Phagocyte
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 12:08 pm

Ragtime wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
EDIT: I don't think you're evil, nor do I hate you... Your Bible mp3 is not adequately describing our discussion.

I'm not referring to you specifically, I'm referring to how I'm thought of by many
on Wrong Planet who clearly "hate" me, certainly "revile" me, and "speak evil of my name".

Well, I certainly don't hate you and I would object to your banning; you seem to rile up many but that doesn't make you a troll.

lau
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 3:21 pm

Phagocyte wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Well, I certainly don't hate you and I would object to your banning; you seem to rile up many but that doesn't make you a troll.

Good point, Phagocyte. You have just told me that Ragtime fits perfectly with the definition of a troll.
OED wrote:
DRAFT ADDITIONS JUNE 2006

troll, n.1

* Computing slang. A person who posts deliberately erroneous or antagonistic messages to a newsgroup or similar forum with the intention of eliciting a hostile or corrective response. Also: a message of this type.

My only problem now would be to be convinced that Ragtime does it "deliberately". Sadly, he seems so blind to his effects that I may conclude that he does not.

I would advise people not to rise to his baiting (more troll-like behaviour), as exemplified by this ridiculous (as in that it has been repeatedly ridiculed) poll.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 3:46 pm

Ragtime wrote:
WOW. 8O

Guess what I just now heard, the moment I turned on my Bible-reading mp3 on my iPod, this very minute?

I was in Luke 6, and this exact verse started up just now:

Jesus:
"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven." (Luke 6:22-23)

I kid you not, this JUST NOW HAPPENED!!

that...is so gay :lol:

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2008, 3:55 pm

lau wrote:
Phagocyte wrote:
Ragtime wrote:

Good point, Phagocyte. You have just told me that Ragtime fits perfectly with the definition of a troll.
OED wrote:
DRAFT ADDITIONS JUNE 2006

troll, n.1

* Computing slang. A person who posts deliberately erroneous or antagonistic messages to a newsgroup or similar forum with the intention of eliciting a hostile or corrective response. Also: a message of this type.

My only problem now would be to be convinced that Ragtime does it "deliberately". Sadly, he seems so blind to his effects that I may conclude that he does not.

Well, I am savvy to the effects. I know what responses hot-button issues ellicit.
But where I differ -- and markedly so -- from trolls is in that I have a good will
in writing my beliefs, I believe what I'm saying,
and am trying to communicate my beliefs as peacefully as possible,
while not bending their truths for comfort's sake.

I tell it like it is. Jesus roused people, and He did it deliberately.
He was not a troll, He was a truth teller.

Speaking the truth got Jesus killed, and He knew that it would.
And it didn't just get Him killed, but whipped, beaten, spat upon, and
excruciatingly executed over several hours.
Therefore, I would say that those who killed Him were the trolls.