Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 7:11 pm

First, you all fail. (I think Speckles knows why...)

Second, if you think Fred's malicious, honestly, an animal is an animal. If you're not a vegetarian, you're a hypocrite.

Third, you're all much sicker than Fred. D1nko, I'm looking at you.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 7:14 pm

twoshots wrote:

Second, if you think Fred's malicious, honestly, an animal is an animal. If you're not a vegetarian, you're a hypocrite.

The 2nd statement is an Opinion and Not a fact twoshots! I DO NOT consider all animals to be equal AND I regard Humans as animals.

twoshots
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 7:15 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
twoshots wrote:

The 2nd statement is an Opinion and Not a fact twoshots! I DO NOT consider all animals to be equal AND I regard Humans as animals.

That would depend entirely on whether your evaluation of an animal's moral worth was based on a consistent and intelligent system rather than an ad-hoc rationalization of your cultural conditioning. We eat very intelligent animals and no one objects (pigs and octopuses come readily to mind).

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 7:19 pm

twoshots wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:
twoshots wrote:

That would depend entirely on whether your evaluation of an animal's moral worth was based on a consistent and intelligent system rather than an ad-hoc rationalization of your cultural conditioning. We eat very intelligent animals and no one objects (pigs and octopuses come readily to mind).

Did you know that we also eat each other? :lol:
There are some cultures where enemies killed in tribal warfare are brought home to eat.

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 7:25 pm

twoshots wrote:

Quote:

cats = "catfish" oh ha-ha OPer...

Quote:

Hey, my animals are my animals, and I get to choose which I'm gonna like and which I'm gonna eat. Ranchers have pets and don't eat them.

Also, homo sapiens are animals, but and lots of people choose not to eat them for 'hypocritical' reasons.

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 7:42 pm

I cant wait for machines to become more intelligent than humans 8) . Not to mention more physically capable so people will be enslaved and then exterminated(after MY lifetime of course) :twisted: .

But yes, if fred is talking about CatFish than I recant my statements. I though he was talking about Felis Sylvestris.

But furthermore, I do believe that violence should be inflicted upon humans who wantonly harm cats. If that makes me a hypocrite so bloody be it.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:01 pm

D1nk0 wrote:
But furthermore, I do believe that violence should be inflicted upon humans who wantonly harm cats. If that makes me a hypocrite so bloody be it.

But is that belief the product of a 'consistent and intelligent system' or an 'ad-hoc rationalization of your cultural conditioning'. If the former, im intrigued to learn more about it :)

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:01 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
-------------------------------
One of my favorite recipes
-------------------------------

Oven Fried Catfish With Remoulade Sauce

Ingredients:

4 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup cornmeal
4 (6 ounce) fillets
2 large egg, beaten

Remoulade Sauce:

1/3 cup dill pickles, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
2 tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. with the rack in the middle of the oven. *Brush the baking pan with 2 tablespoons oil.

2. Combine the bread crumbs, cornmeal and 1 teaspoons of salt in a large, sealable, plastic bag and shake to mix.

3. Season fish with salt and pepper on both sides.

4. Take on piece of fish at a time and dip fish in the egg, letting excess drip off, then put in the plastic bag and shake to coat well with crumbs.

5. Transfer to the baking pan and bake until the undersides are golden, about 6 minutes.

6. Drizzle fish with remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, then carefully turn over and cook until golden and just cooked through, about 6 minutes more.

7. Make the sauce while the fish is baking, by simply whisking together all the remoulade ingredients and add salt to taste.

8. Serve the fish with the sauce on the side.

sounds like it has potential.

Kalister1
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:05 pm

skafather84 wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:
I think we eat beef for a reason, less stringy muscle, more meat :|

you've obviously never had the general tso's in west hollywood, huh?

more like dark meat chicken (thought not like rabbit).

:looks at cat sitting next to him:

I don't think checkers would approve.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:18 pm

Kalister1 wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
Kalister1 wrote:
I think we eat beef for a reason, less stringy muscle, more meat :|

you've obviously never had the general tso's in west hollywood, huh?

more like dark meat chicken (thought not like rabbit).

:looks at cat sitting next to him:

I don't think checkers would approve.

really, i'm just speculating and joking. it was most certainly dark meat and either a composite or it was cat.

i don't get people's problems with eating cats and dogs and what not. obviously never steal anyone's personal property but beyond that...what's wrong with it? it's just another corpse with meat on its bones.

and wasn't nixon's dog named checkers?

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 8:29 pm

Catfish sure are ugly. :o

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 9:54 pm

psych wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:

But is that belief the product of a 'consistent and intelligent system' or an 'ad-hoc rationalization of your cultural conditioning'. If the former, im intrigued to learn more about it :)

The answer is NEITHER. I like cats, I dont like most people. Furthermore, other people who are not friends or family pose a FAR GREATER THREAT to me and my interests than cats do! That is why I deliberately choose not to have empathy for them. Not having empathy for strangers means that Im not all that adverse to harming them if they are a threat to people and things that I DO like.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 10:00 pm

I second that. Put something in a human's paw and you don't know what they're capable of.

Kilroy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 10:07 pm

Fred2670 wrote:
hundreds

I prefer to "skin" them rather than "scald" them
because it doesnt parboil the meat, which in my
opinion should be either baked or deep fried.

okay so like do you live in the deep south or china :lol:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=PF0OjrFIVWY

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 10:14 pm

twoshots wrote:
D1nk0 wrote:
twoshots wrote:

Changing the subject, since you claim to be interested in psychology twoshots, why is it that some people derive excitement and even sexual pleasure from harming other Human beings?

MR_BOGAN
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2008, 10:26 pm

I have never heard of anyone eating cats before, only racist asian jokes about people eating cats.

People eat dogs in Korea :?
In Indian cattle are considered sacred I think. People all over the world eat beef, same agument I guess.