International law against "slandering religion"?

Page 7 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Should there be an international law against slandering religion?
I've considered all of the practical implications, and my answer is yes. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I've considered all of the practical implications, and my answer is no. 67%  67%  [ 28 ]
I'm not sure. 5%  5%  [ 2 ]
I just drew a cartoon of Muhammad! 29%  29%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 42

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:24 pm

Hey, I just noticed your avatar and think it's not very nice to squash Obama like that!

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:28 pm

oscuria wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
I have sent you a PM on an unrelated issue you have asked me about. In the spirit of goodwill, I will refrain from any response in this thread until you have read it.

Thanks. You can respond now, your Moderating Highness.

:lmao:

Okay, at the moment, my intellectual faculties are not at their most active. So, I will resort to the most basic of ad hominems, screaming loudly until everyone else is deafened.

Not that I need to do that myself. Ladies and gentlemen, debators, philosophers, and other raving lunatics, I present to you, the Rabbids.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqaRCXdFV5M[/youtube]

On sabbatical...

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:31 pm

Quatermass wrote:
oscuria wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
I have sent you a PM on an unrelated issue you have asked me about. In the spirit of goodwill, I will refrain from any response in this thread until you have read it.

Okay, at the moment, my intellectual faculties are not at their most active. So, I will resort to the most basic of ad hominems, screaming loudly until everyone else is deafened.

Not that I need to do that myself. Ladies and gentlemen, debators, philosophers, and other raving lunatics, I present to you, the Rabbids.

It must seriously be a British thing.

I get Monty Python, the Office, and to some extent Young Ones, but that...I don't get it. :(

The_Chosen_One wrote:
Hey, I just noticed your avatar and think it's not very nice to squash Obama like that!

He deserves no less!

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:37 pm

oscuria wrote:
Quatermass wrote:
oscuria wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

It must seriously be a British thing.

I get Monty Python, the Office, and to some extent Young Ones, but that...I don't get it. :(

I'm Australian. And the Rabbids, in fact, are French! (The game that comes from is done by a French company)

On sabbatical...

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:43 pm

Quatermass wrote:

I'm Australian. And the Rabbids, in fact, are French! (The game that comes from is done by a French company)

Long day, I forgot.

I noticed a little french flag somewhere in the vid. Eh.

Is posting off-topic considering derailing a thread even when the threadstarter is Rags?

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:45 pm

oscuria wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

Long day, I forgot.

I noticed a little french flag somewhere in the vid. Eh.

Is posting off-topic considering derailing a thread even when the threadstarter is Rags?

Yeah, but only if it gets completely off topic.

Okay, fun time over, back to the endless debate.

On sabbatical...

monty
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 11:51 pm

Quatermass wrote:

I'm Australian. And the Rabbids, in fact, are French!

No way!! I went to watch a match involving Russel Crow's Rugby team, and they kept saying the Rabbids were Aussies. Course, I did consume a few beverages that day, and might be mistaken. ;)

The_Chosen_One
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2008, 12:11 am

They're the Rabbitoes and they have a green and red stripy shirt as a uniform. Getting back to the topic, I find it somewhat disturbing that Raggy would even contemplate such an inane law as no slandering religion. Last time I looked, we had (relative) freedom of speech. I also hardly think Raggy is the ideal poster child for his religion for reasons too numerous to list again.

Karma decides what must happen, and that includes everyone.