26 states are bringing charges against big pharma.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 12:40 pm

Do to big pharmas illegal practises with psych drugs involving, concealing negative side effects
illegal off label marketing, having their drugs be made in a dangerous and defective condition, and outright defrauding medicare and medicaid, 26 state attorney generals are bringing criminal and civl charges against big pharma.

There is a God. sweet justice.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 12:41 pm

Good - I hope it brings about some changes.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:14 pm

Nice.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 1:30 pm

watch Bushy find a way to quash it all... he owes a lot to those companies.

Balefire
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Jul 2008, 1:50 pm

Those drugs did nothing for me except screw up my memory and make me an insomniac.

Obres
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 4:54 pm

Suing big corporations is useless, they just pass the costs back to the consumers anyway. The top execs and major stockholders all get rich while a corrupt industry is making money, then when the s**t hits the fan and they have to pay out they just downsize or increase prices to make it up, or hide behind limited liability if it's really bad. It's time to bring a sense of personal responsibility back to business. Forget about suing a company, just publicly execute a few top execs, that'll get the message out. As Lewis Black said, now I understand why the French chopped off Marie Antoinette's head.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 4:54 pm

NB, do you have a list of all the states? :?

nightbender
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 5:41 pm

connecticut, new york arkansas, vermont, rhode island, montana, massachutes, georgia, ohio, california Alaska, , Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah and West Virginia.
Texas
Arkansas, , South Carolina
theres more but i cant find the orignal article

The_Cucumber
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 6:54 pm

nightbender wrote:
connecticut, new york arkansas, vermont, rhode island, montana, massachutes, georgia, ohio, california Alaska, , Louisiana, Mississippi, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Utah and West Virginia.
Texas
Arkansas, , South Carolina
theres more but i cant find the orignal article

Woo! my home state is there!

Cyanide
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2008, 7:11 pm

Corporation - A way to make individual profit without individual responsibility.

Dogbrain
Toucan
Toucan

05 Aug 2008, 11:39 am

Cyanide wrote:
Corporation - A way to make individual profit without individual responsibility.

Actually, that was sort of the whole point. Shareholders would only risk the monies they put into their shares. Otherwise, businesses never got beyond the private partnership. The problem is not the structure of corporations in and of themselves. There are two problems at work here. First, corporations have erroneously been given the status of "legal persons", meaning that they are deemed to have several rights. This is a grave error and stems from a gross misunderstanding of how rights are supposed to function. The one great limit upon the abuses of rights that any individual can promulgate is mortality. Even the most powerful person will die. Corporations are theoretically immortal. Thus, they can amass power to abuse rights indefinitely.

The second problem is that courts no longer understand who is supposed to be shielded by corporate status and how that status is supposed to shield them. Incorporation is supposed to shield stockholders from direct business-related losses beyond their own individual investment. However, it is not supposed to shield corporate officers from legal consequences due to their actions as corporate officers, which are separate from any status as stockholders.

The problem is not inherent in the structure of corporations but in abuses within our government regarding how these structures are "interpreted".

pheonixiis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2008, 12:44 pm

Dogbrain wrote:
The problem is not inherent in the structure of corporations but in abuses within our government regarding how these structures are "interpreted".

That says it all really.

-Walt Whitman