Page 1 of 12 [ 188 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:42 am

people killing there babys because they where high at a party having sex with some random guy from the bathroom is horrific murder
would preffere a raper above those atleast they have a reason

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 11:45 am

everybody already knows my answering, i'm against abortion, not other ways out, rape my mother was raped and still gave me a chance to live. Abortion can lead to serious risks, like of not being ever able to have children again, serious post tramatic disorder, leaves scars in the womans body physically and mentally, some end having terrible dreams of the baby coming back haunting them and end up doing sucicide, also abortion can lead to serious infections. I was raped when i was 15, my first thought was oh crap what if i get pregnant, i dont want a dang baby, then i thought of my mother who lived on the streets no husband, no boyfriend, no house, nothing, yet still decided to go through the months of horrible back pain, nausea, headaches assuming because thats how most pregnancies are lol, and had me and got me in an orphanedge so i can have a chance.

02 Sep 2008, 1:09 pm

I don't care for abortions. I believe it's up to the woman. Not all abortions all bad because sometimes a woman is in pain during her pregnancy or her health is at risk. There are also cases when a baby grows in the fallopian tube instead of in the uterus. It's very painful and the baby dies because the tube cannot stretch and the mother dies too so the abortion is needed.
Also sometimes a fetus is severely deformed which is rare and it it not going to live after it's born so a abortion also takes place. The woman can decide if she wants to wait till 40 weeks or stop the pregnancy now.

My mother had her tubes tied because the doctor told her her next pregnancy would be very hard on her back. She even had to have my last brother early too because the doctor told her it would be very hard for her so having it early would be easier on her back so they picked a day to have her son and she had it delivered when that day came.

Unfortunately people abort their babies for lame reasons because of a missing toe or finger, cleft lip, etc.

I also look at the woman's perspective why she would about her child over DS or treacher collins, or it is severely deformed because she thinks the child will get bad treatment from other people and the child will suffer with it because of how he or she is treated by society because they are so different so think of it as them doing their child a big favor.

Every time I look at deformed people on the internet, I think it's very sad and wonder how do people treat their child. Do they stare or laugh or make rude comments like "Your child is disgusting she shouldn't be out in public."
I also wonder how is the child going to feel when they are older, are they going to want to hide themselves in their own home because of how they are treated by people. About grown ups, I feel sorry for them too. My mother told me the only way for them to make a living is being in a freak show and people would laugh at them, throw things at them. Luckily they don't do it anymore she says but I don't know if they can still get jobs. Back then they couldn't get one because of the way they looked. That's what my mother told me.
My shrink would call this all empathy I am doing because I am wondering how are the deformed people going to feel in life because of cruel people out there. That's why I believe in abortions. It isn't all black and white. Of course I wouldn't abort my child over a minor birth defect like if they have very short fingers or they have a cleft lip or a missing toe or finger. I am talking about severe birth defects.

What I do think would be nice so that everyone is happy, a baby has to be aborted for a medical reason. Instead of aborting it, cut the baby out of her and try and save it. Babies have lived young as 21 weeks when they were born. The mother has been saved and all the people who are against abortions are happy too because they didn't abort the baby.

zebedee
Toucan
Toucan

02 Sep 2008, 1:16 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
Pro-killing.

The less humans, the better.

A fair point, maybe just become pro-weapons of mass destruction or anti-seat belts or something.Personally I'm anti-strategic arms limitation treaties.

I'm pro-choice as I believe there are circumstances where abortions should be allowed but I think the time frame for having one should be a very small window as I think many countries leave it too late and are killing far beyond what amounts to "a cluster of cells".

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 1:17 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:
I don't care for abortions. I believe it's up to the woman. Not all abortions all bad because sometimes a woman is in pain during her pregnancy or her health is at risk. There are also cases when a baby grows in the fallopian tube instead of in the uterus. It's very painful and the baby dies because the tube cannot stretch and the mother dies too so the abortion is needed.
Also sometimes a fetus is severely deformed which is rare and it it not going to live after it's born so a abortion also takes place. The woman can decide if she wants to wait till 40 weeks or stop the pregnancy now.

My mother had her tubes tied because the doctor told her her next pregnancy would be very hard on her back. She even had to have my last brother early too because the doctor told her it would be very hard for her so having it early would be easier on her back so they picked a day to have her son and she had it delivered when that day came.

Unfortunately people abort their babies for lame reasons because of a missing toe or finger, cleft lip, etc.

I also look at the woman's perspective why she would about her child over DS or treacher collins, or it is severely deformed because she thinks the child will get bad treatment from other people and the child will suffer with it because of how he or she is treated by society because they are so different so think of it as them doing their child a big favor.

Every time I look at deformed people on the internet, I think it's very sad and wonder how do people treat their child. Do they stare or laugh or make rude comments like "Your child is disgusting she shouldn't be out in public."
I also wonder how is the child going to feel when they are older, are they going to want to hide themselves in their own home because of how they are treated by people. About grown ups, I feel sorry for them too. My mother told me the only way for them to make a living is being in a freak show and people would laugh at them, throw things at them. Luckily they don't do it anymore she says but I don't know if they can still get jobs. Back then they couldn't get one because of the way they looked. That's what my mother told me.
My shrink would call this all empathy I am doing because I am wondering how are the deformed people going to feel in life because of cruel people out there. That's why I believe in abortions. It isn't all black and white. Of course I wouldn't abort my child over a minor birth defect like if they have very short fingers or they have a cleft lip or a missing toe or finger. I am talking about severe birth defects.

What I do think would be nice so that everyone is happy, a baby has to be aborted for a medical reason. Instead of aborting it, cut the baby out of her and try and save it. Babies have lived young as 21 weeks when they were born. The mother has been saved and all the people who are against abortions are happy too because they didn't abort the baby.

do you even realise what your saying whe the aspie's arent welcomed in society to so whe should be abortus'd to?its like telling your mother "kill me im not worth living because im a freak"
there are parents who take these freaks as a child and thats the real parents not the "i whant i pretty and a super child who is super spoiled and blablabla" i mean i dont care how much you do for your child once you aborted your child your a bad mother/father once again aspies are freaks to in society remind yourself :!:

BokeKaeru
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 1:20 pm

Spokane_Girl wrote:

I have a cleft lip and would have to agree with this. On the one hand, I like existing. On the other, though, had my mom found out that I would have this condition and several others and aborted me.... how would I have known or been worse off for it?

I would be afraid if the state or society mandated that people like me be aborted. That would be eugenics. However, I can't easily say that a personal decision based on one's circumstances or fears is across the board wrong. For reasons that you noted, not to mention that necessary treatments and other forms of help are often expensive and time-consuming to provide, I can see why for reasons completely unrelated to shallowness a mother would choose not to have a baby with a certain problem if it was going to prove difficult for everyone in the equation.

On a side note, yes, I am able to get a job... it was a bit more difficult starting out, but I've perfected my interviewing and computer skills to compensate for my appearance and speech impediment, and it's worked out so far. :D

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 1:23 pm

abortion is like prostitution, or alcohol consumption- people have done that for thousands of years and always will do, no matter how strict the law gets. it's just better if they don't hurt themselves in the process.

hence...

pro pro pro!

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 1:55 pm

simply explain it again for the once who didnt understand:
freak=kill
one arm=kill
no head=kill
asperger=kill
people who steal candy from the shop and tell there brother did it when he whasnt looking:good to go
kill=coldblooded murder
coldblooded murder=abortus
conclusion=killing a baby equils killing a baby
grab a knife and stab your own kid its the exact same thing the abortus didnt even had the time to live so killing your own child is less coldblooded

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:01 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
grab a knife and stab your own kid its the exact same thing the abortus didnt even had the time to live so killing your own child is less coldblooded

exactly how is it less coldblooded?

shopaholic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:03 pm

Anti.

The baby is as much a human being before it is born as after. No woman should have the "right" to kill another person just for her own convenience.

Sorry, but if you insist on making it "safe", all you are doing is removing the deterrent.

If there was a 95% chance that having a abortion would kill or maim you, how many people would risk having one?

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but abortion is even harsher on the baby, who has no choice in the matter, unlike the woman.

UndercoverAlien
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:05 pm

why isn't it?
tell me whats the diffrence to kill a baby or a kid?
grab a knife and kill a baby and do that with a kid feel any diffrence?
i stand with my point killing a baby means cold blooded killer in my eyes
unles the kids already dead or the mothers going to die

02 Sep 2008, 2:05 pm

UndercoverAlien wrote:
Spokane_Girl wrote:

do you even realise what your saying whe the aspie's arent welcomed in society to so whe should be abortus'd to?its like telling your mother "kill me im not worth living because im a freak"
there are parents who take these freaks as a child and thats the real parents not the "i whant i pretty and a super child who is super spoiled and blablabla" i mean i dont care how much you do for your child once you aborted your child your a bad mother/father once again aspies are freaks to in society remind yourself :!:

I didn't know AS was a birth defect :roll:

Obviously you didn't read my post right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8GlI0v_zYo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSKqn6m3TLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vs_LoWaAGb0

^Also very sad but luckily the girl has been getting operations, maybe someday her face will look close to normal but I wonder how she gets treated in society by people^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlZnqLKDRlo

^I dunno if that is real^

Tell me do those people gross you out? Are you going to treat them bad and laugh at them and make fun of them? I wouldn't and it makes me mad when people shun people who are severely deformed. No wonder parents would want to abort their child. They do not want their child to suffer because of society. That's why I find it sad for those people.

No I would never tell someone they should abort their child or say someone should have been aborted. Every time I see those comments on youtube, I think of them as dumb asses so therefore I don't do the same.

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:06 pm

I'm pro-life, except in the most extreme cases (eg. if the fetus is anencephallic).

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:10 pm

shopaholic wrote:
Anti.

The baby is as much a human being before it is born as after. No woman should have the "right" to kill another person just for her own convenience.

Sorry, but if you insist on making it "safe", all you are doing is removing the deterrent.

If there was a 95% chance that having a abortion would kill or maim you, how many people would risk having one?

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but abortion is even harsher on the baby, who has no choice in the matter, unlike the woman.

strange thing to say for someone from the UK, you guys have more abotions per capita than any other EU country as far as I've heard...

I've heard of women who risked their lives just to get rid of the foetus, I think it's stupid and cruel but that doesn't change the fact that it will happen no matter what if the woman is desperate enough. some women are so reliant on their husbands/boyfriends, scared of loosing them or scared of being left alone they would do whatwever it takes to get rid of the baby if thats what the guy expects of them.

I'm not saying its right, I could never do that but that's what people are like, they are strange and unreasonable creatures and the law should be on their side, at least thats my opinion.

forallotherthings
Butterfly
Butterfly

02 Sep 2008, 2:11 pm

I’m pro choice; people will have abortions even if they are outlawed I would rather keep those people safe. There are valid reasons for abortion in some people’s cases, I don’t like the idea of bringing unwanted children into the world and adoption is really not the ideal situation people would have you believe.

In an ideal world no one would have the need for abortion but we don’t live in an ideal world. I prefer to look at the abortion debate rationally and if people want to convince me away from pro choice they won’t do it with histrionic emotive language – a foetus is not a baby. Until it can survive outside a mother’s body it is a bundle of cells.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2008, 2:15 pm

CleverKitten wrote:
I am pro-choice for all of the common arguments. However, I wouldn't go around being sexually irresponsible and getting pregnant and having abortions left and right.

Basically, I believe that people should have the choice of an abortion available to them should an unwanted pregnancy were to occur, but they should also be responsible so that they won't have an unwanted pregnancy. :wink:

QFT

Pro-choice