I hate religious people, why is that a problem?

Page 6 of 11 [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 6:19 pm

claire333 wrote:
, I can also understand their questioning why it is tolerated for someone to spout their views of hate for Christians but not for blacks, jews, women...whatever.

Quite simple really hatred for blacks, jews, women is based upon a simplistic prejudice, blacks are just blacks they don't try and make everyone talk jive and wear bling (terrible generalisation I know, but you get my point), women dont go around forcing men to replace their penis's with vagina's etc. Jews are erroniously accused of all kinds of things and 'jew' refers to ancestry as much as it does to religion.

Religions on the other hand refuse to accept changes in human knowledge and try to force others to believe and behave as they do, so it is quite natural for those of us affected by this behaviour to have a Strong dislike / Aversion to them.

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 7:35 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
so it is quite natural for those of us affected by this behaviour to have a Strong dislike / Aversion to them.
My own personal aversion to religion stems from traumatic racial prejudice experienced in church during my youth. Even when I considered myself a Christian, I never felt comfortable or good enough to attend church. However, I cannot see how hatred would be benificial to me. I cannot do anything about what others believe. How can I expect others to ever accept my views, if I am also unwilling?

p.s. I would have to concur that no rules are being broken here since views are being attacked and not people.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 1:32 am

Dentarrthurdent was correct; religions deny changes in human knowledge.
Ever seen a doctor need to get a court order to save the life of a child of a religious family?
Or the open violence between religious sects for ancient events?
As a scientifically minded person, these characteristics represent the worst ignorances in humanity. I understand how some may feel I am generalizing on religion; but all religions have in them the seeds of evil, ignorance and unwarrented violence, by my definition.
History is the best teacher.

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 3:05 am

I can imagine a group of religious people just abusing poor Ishmael.

Run, Ishmael! A Jehova witness is behind you! Don't turn that way! There's a Shi'a performing tatbir! Oh no! He seems to have run into a group of scientologist!

oscuria
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 3:06 am

Ishmael wrote:
Ever seen a doctor need to get a court order to save the life of a child of a religious family?
As a scientifically minded person, these characteristics represent the worst ignorances in humanity. I understand how some may feel I am generalizing on religion; but all religions have in them the seeds of evil, ignorance and unwarrented violence, by my definition.

F)(K YES! All hail history! The greatest, most objective instructor.

History FTW

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 5:06 am

Ishmael wrote:

You are generalizing on religion and by doing so, demonstrating the bias of the mods.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 5:44 am

If it's a problem for you, may be you should try to change your definition for religion? For example, accept it not as commandments (or anything other, your choice!), but as some kind of philosophy which people choose for their world outlook... I think it will make your relations with religious people easier.

Postperson
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 5:58 am

Must be a boring night in Adelaide, again.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Sep 2008, 3:38 pm

It's a problem because you hating a whole group of people without getting to know them gives them the right to hate you back. But even as a christian, I can still sympithize with you. I can't stand it when people try to convert you to be identical to them by threatening you with Hell and stuff like that. That's why I like democracy.

skywatcher
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Sep 2008, 4:53 pm

Don't hate religion, hate "hate", and make the better of the rest of your days. Hatred of anything, good or bad, can be a very overpowering, and very heartbreaking emotion. You can not "want" to be religious, you can not "enjoy" the company of religious people, you can "despise" their actions and the way they talk to you, but honestly, do not take the extra effort to HATE anything, because it will just tear you up inside, make you do things that will get you into trouble, and the next thing you know, you have no friends, you are always late for work because you don't want to be there with all those religious fanatics, and you are exceptionally rude to your boss who happens to be a Christian - hence you get fired and wrongly blame it on his religious attitude and not your own hatred that caused it in the first place.

Try to be happier with life, perhaps don't see things eye to eye, but at least realize that people think differently than you do, especially the NT's, and alot of what you are attributing to the religious aspect is because they are stupid NT's who don't know how better to act, how to behave correctly.

Take my words of advice and use them to your fullest. I wish you well in your new endeavors.

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 4:56 pm

claire333 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
PS: When you look at my avatar, tilt your head 90 degrees to the right. When you see it, you'll sh** bricks.
claire333 wrote:
I see what looks like the profile of some sort of big cat, along with what might also be a face.

Oh wait. I just knew I had to be wrong. You told me to tilt my head the wrong way. Right back at ya', naughty boy :D

Arrrgh, now you two have got me picking up the monitor and flipping it on its side and I still dont get it, which way do I turn left or right :? :lol:

"Religion is the impotence of the human mind to deal with occurrences it cannot understand" Karl Marx

DentArthurDent
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 5:06 pm

slowmutant wrote:

You are generalizing on religion and by doing so, demonstrating the bias of the mods.

Now here we have the pot calling the kettle black, Slowmutant you are one of the worst for generalising and flamming. Stop crying for the mods. If you dont like Ishmael's statement, formulate a well constructed rebuttal to disavow him of his belief. Dont go crying to the mods because you do not have the wits to deconstruct his argument.

Loborojo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2008, 11:16 pm

christians worship a corpse on a cross, hence death.

I prefer Lord Shiva, destroyer and rebuilder of the cosmos with a cosmic dance. Now that's god that I like :D

ToadOfSteel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 12:23 am

DentArthurDent wrote:
claire333 wrote:
ToadOfSteel wrote:
PS: When you look at my avatar, tilt your head 90 degrees to the right. When you see it, you'll sh** bricks.
claire333 wrote:
I see what looks like the profile of some sort of big cat, along with what might also be a face.

Oh wait. I just knew I had to be wrong. You told me to tilt my head the wrong way. Right back at ya', naughty boy :D

Arrrgh, now you two have got me picking up the monitor and flipping it on its side and I still dont get it, which way do I turn left or right :? :lol:

I'll give you another hint. I used the avatar of another WP member as the basis for mine...

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 6:54 pm

DentArthurDent wrote:
I was still seeing the wrong thing. :? If you turn your head to the left, the white parts of the avatar look somewhat like someone flipping the bird, with the head in the distance and their had held up close to the frame...but that's not it, I guess.

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2008, 6:59 pm

Loborojo wrote:
christians worship a corpse on a cross, hence death.

I prefer Lord Shiva, destroyer and rebuilder of the cosmos with a cosmic dance. Now that's god that I like :D

Christians do not worship a corpse on a cross. No, that's inaccurate. We worship the ressurected Jesus Christ and God as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Resurrection, hence life.