Bisexual 9%  9%  [ 4 ]
Asexual 16%  16%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 45

Henriksson
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:04 am

What kind of 'sexuality' have you?

I'm asexual, I think sex is little more than animal insticts, used for reproduction. Something in us saying "wanna make baby!".

Sexuality is not something we choose. If you're hetero, try being homo for one day, for example. Therefore I tend to think heterosexuality and homosexuality makes as much sense. Of course, there's also bisexuality.

Even though this, I would like a romantic relationship with someone. I just think nudity is just something you are when you're taking a shower.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:22 am

Everybody is rather individual in this area but aside from the large hormone influence which biology dictates to ensure that the species continues there are obvious emotional adjuncts. The way we perceive each other can be hugely influenced by our desires and, as witnessed by the large rate of divorce, these perceptions can change radically when reality intervenes. The sex act itself can be approached very differently by individuals ranging from a base urge merely to get laid which is a mere masturbation with the opposite sex to a delight in finding another individual who is equally delighted with you and the great fun that sexual stimulation results in what might be characterized as a mutual total body sneeze. And, of course, this process has all sorts of interesting and frightful consequences, social and psychological.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 10:54 am

Heterosexual, although I think sexuality can be much more complex than straight forward labels.

I never understood the typical thinking especially among "christians" of how one chooses their sexual orientation. But there's a lot I don't understand when it comes to too much rigid thinking of we're "suppose" to feel.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 11:16 am

I'm heterosexual, but must admit that that the occasional young man has looked "interesting" but I've never acted on those thoughts. I don't think anyone chooses their sexuality. It is just down to brain wiring and hormones, despite what those with a religious brainwashing would have everyone believe.

Shadowgirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2009, 11:48 am

I'm asexual.

There is a really awesome website called www.asexuality.org.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 1:40 pm

I'm straight but sometimes have "gay" or "bisexual" tendencies
at any random moment.

Hating straighforward labels, I'll say to someone, "I'm open to a relationship."

A question: How does a couple keep each other hidden from each other's families?

mikemmlj
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Mar 2009, 10:53 pm

:?

For over 20 years I have been involved in the exgay movement, it has been my only stable identity; now that I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome I have been questioning my faith and my sexuality.

Let's see Aspies have in general: 1. Rigid/unyielding belief systems CHECK! 2. Difficulty maintaing relationships CHECK! I don't even want one. 3. Get overwhelmed by physical
i.e. sexual activity CHECK!

Oi Vey.

p.s. The exgay movement is for homosexually-oriented people whose faith traditions reject
homosexuality and believe that homosexual desire can be overcome.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 11:04 pm

mikemmlj wrote:
:?

For over 20 years I have been involved in the exgay movement, it has been my only stable identity; now that I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome I have been questioning my faith and my sexuality.

Let's see Aspies have in general: 1. Rigid/unyielding belief systems CHECK! 2. Difficulty maintaing relationships CHECK! I don't even want one. 3. Get overwhelmed by physical
i.e. sexual activity CHECK!

Oi Vey.

p.s. The exgay movement is for homosexually-oriented people whose faith traditions reject
homosexuality and believe that homosexual desire can be overcome.

Not terribly dissimilar to the Catholic regimen for nuns and priests which disdains heterosexuality. Apparently any sexuality is somehow smeared with some sort of evil by some religions.

ZEGH8578
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2009, 11:27 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I'm heterosexual, but must admit that that the occasional young man has looked "interesting" but I've never acted on those thoughts. I don't think anyone chooses their sexuality. It is just down to brain wiring and hormones, despite what those with a religious brainwashing would have everyone believe.

you just appreciate good looks: the signs of health and youth and all that.

its almost a death-sin for a guy to admit that another guy looks good, these days, but there should be nothing wrong about it.
know yourself, and then compliment anybody you want.

jamesp420
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2009, 11:31 pm

TallyMan wrote:

Ditto.

http://www.facebook.com/jamesp420

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Mar 2009, 6:50 am

hetrosexual, although I have many bisexual and homosexual friends. Most are female, but some are male. :)
My best mate is a gay guy. He is amazing, he can always tell you a guys point of view on a subject and is the rock in our group. Us girls are a bit protective of him ;). I think its sad the way the guys in our group are wary of him, as if he will approach them when next in the showers :S.
I have read a scientific explanation of homosexuality, but I'm a little busy just now to write it here ;) I'll do it later, when not in a school classroom :lol:

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

Xanderbeanz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 6:52 am

i'm an egaliterian intergendered pansexual...

basically, i'll go for anyone if they're pretty enough XD

alba
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 7:13 am

asexual

ouinon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

16 Mar 2009, 7:40 am

Don't know.

Queer?

Don't think that I am asexual; it depends on how it's defined, ( absolutely no interest full-stop, and/or no interest in anyone for so long that it looks like it ... which is my case ), or bisexual that hasn't had sex in the last 7 years, or "AS"-sexual in that my sexuality may be based on my AS particularities and they don't match the usual/NT models.

If "AS"-sexual: One approach would be covered under BDSM, but I don't want/haven't wanted to explore it with anyone, out of "fear" perhaps, but also, and more crucially, because I suspect it may be "just" a projection of the relationship/dynamic between my mind and my body, ( perhaps specific to AS ), and might therefore be inherently exploitative/objectifying if shared/expressed with another person, ( tho' I don't know ).

And the other approach is probably connected to hyper-sensitivity, and is so "slow" that what is known as "sex" could take a lifetime, or close, ( many months or more ) :wink:

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:14 am

Henriksson wrote:
What kind of 'sexuality' have you?

I'm asexual, I think sex is little more than animal insticts, used for reproduction. Something in us saying "wanna make baby!".

Sexuality is not something we choose. If you're hetero, try being homo for one day, for example. Therefore I tend to think heterosexuality and homosexuality makes as much sense. Of course, there's also bisexuality.

Even though this, I would like a romantic relationship with someone. I just think nudity is just something you are when you're taking a shower.

Married to the same woman for going on 53 years. Four children, five grand children. My wife and I are breeders.

I have no sexual interest whatsoever in males. Males are necessary for reproduction, women are positively glorious and beautiful. They are a better breed.

If you want mathematics and science, look to the men. If you want a humane decency and regard for human life, look to the women.

ruveyn

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2009, 8:17 am

TallyMan wrote:

That is an aesthetic rather than a sexual response. There are physically beautiful men just as there are physically beautiful women.

Healthy and well proportioned scores high for both genders.

ruveyn