Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 7:54 pm

Not a surprise.

ruveyn

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

12 Apr 2009, 9:16 pm

bulgaria rules, did you see those prostitutes on th side of the road? oh hell yeah!

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2009, 7:00 am

Haliphron wrote:
Concenik wrote:
http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/595.html

That video is totally PHONEY.

I wasn't aware it had been debunked - cold war munitions on the black market seems eminently possible to me - can you post up a link to what you have seen or read to prove it is phoney then? or are you just blowing a lot of hot air and acting like you know when you are merely citing an opinion in the guise of a fact?

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2009, 7:02 am

ruveyn wrote:
Not a surprise.

ruveyn

neither was that tawdry comment :roll:

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 7:23 am

Concenik wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
Concenik wrote:

I wasn't aware it had been debunked - cold war munitions on the black market seems eminently possible to me - can you post up a link to what you have seen or read to prove it is phoney then? or are you just blowing a lot of hot air and acting like you know when you are merely citing an opinion in the guise of a fact?

Iran seems to be in deep international manure over obtaining nukes and the Israelis are getting antsy over it. Are you interested in a visit from Mossad?

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2009, 7:30 am

Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
Concenik wrote:

Iran seems to be in deep international manure over obtaining nukes and the Israelis are getting antsy over it. Are you interested in a visit from Mossad?

I'm not interested in a visit from the Mossad whatsoever. *shrugs* What was your implication, Sand?

Lot of Mossad in Georgia - not so far away from the Northern Caucasus - Dimona needs raw materials too, don't forget.

In terms of Iran maybe read the NIE which thwarted Bush and co.s strike scheduled for last year.

monty
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2009, 10:57 pm

Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
Concenik wrote:

He isn't in the former Soviet bloc claiming he has nuclear material for sale, so he should be safe from the Mossad - I don't think they will bother to visit someone for merely pointing out a possible risk.

Are there loose nuclear fission bombs somewhere in the world? We can only speculate, but it is possible. The type of material needed for a 'dirty bomb' is quite widespread - that isn't high grade stuff for a warhead, it is anything that glows and can contaminate if mixed in with a conventional bomb.

Sand
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 2:51 am

monty wrote:
Sand wrote:
Concenik wrote:
Haliphron wrote:
Concenik wrote:

He isn't in the former Soviet bloc claiming he has nuclear material for sale, so he should be safe from the Mossad - I don't think they will bother to visit someone for merely pointing out a possible risk.

Are there loose nuclear fission bombs somewhere in the world? We can only speculate, but it is possible. The type of material needed for a 'dirty bomb' is quite widespread - that isn't high grade stuff for a warhead, it is anything that glows and can contaminate if mixed in with a conventional bomb.

Actually the potential for disruption lies, not only in actual nuclear bomb pollution, but in the belief in such pollution. Any commonly obtainable fluorescent material that would glow under ultra-violet stimulation or even maintain a glow in the dark after exposure to normal light could cause considerable panic and civil disruption if distributed with non-nuclear explosives. The very large distrust in official announcements initiated by the consistent unnecessary secrecy and lying by government officials as to what is dangerous and what is not could easily be taken advantage by clever terrorists in disseminating information that rather innocent materials were radioactive. It is probably only a matter of time before this occurs.

Last edited by Sand on 18 Apr 2009, 4:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

CanyonWind
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2009, 3:31 am

There doesn't seem to be much doubt that things in the former Soviet military weren't always entirely orderly after the Soviet Union collapsed, and I'm not sure anybody would be surprised if a few nukes ended up missing, or for that matter, some chemical or biological weapons material.

Seems likely that somebody with the money and connections to buy a nuclear weapon could also bribe somebody to show them how to operate the detonator, so they might not even need to build dirty bombs.

A lot of contraband gets into the United States, tons of cocaine and heroin for example, so somebody could probably also get weapons in.

I don't think the borders in western Europe are a whole lot more secure.

Biological weapons, disease organisms, reproduce themselves once they're introduced into a human population, so a small initial amount could have a devastating effect.

I'm wondering why the western countries haven't already been hit with nukes, chemicals, or biologicals.

Well thank you buddy for your advice...
-Malvina

Concenik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2009, 5:49 am

Devices could well be already there having been put in situ before the soviet collapse *shrugs*