Why Anti-Vaccine Leaders Are Despicable

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 6:04 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJbc9Xw3yHc&feature=player_embedded#at=20[/youtube]

Yes, diseases are good and there are benefits. :roll:

Rubella causes an increased risk of autism in newborns ironically.

This is the third time I heard an anti-vaccine advocate dismiss the death of a child (Australian Vaccination Network [who said that to the McCaffery's in the video) and being called 'propaganda' on a YouTube video). Children with autism are constantly branded as 'zombies' and 'vegetables' by these people and subject them to horrors such as OSR #1, LUPRON chelation, and other unproven treatments. I even saw an Age of Autism supporter go on a Facebook page of autistics against them and saying they were trying to get them banned.

Disgusting...

(Found on The Vaccine Times)

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 6:52 pm

*sigh*

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2011, 7:07 pm

I so wanted AVN President Meryl Dorey on. She is an absolute idiot and would only help my case. They seriously tried to get a man who shook his child to death acquitted because they said vaccines were actually the cause of its death. The behavior is astounding.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 2:49 am

Well, this is one diagnosed zombie and vegetable who is happy that my parents got me vaccinated.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

PLA
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:16 pm

Being wrong about aspects of reality is one thing. A bad thing, but only one thing.
The other thing, which sets these people apart from people who are merely wrong, is that they would rather have their children suffer the effects of lethal or crippling diseases than autism. That other thing isn't a thing that can be necessarily blamed on having bad information, or even on having a low intelligence.

The only thing outside of their control that can be used as an excuse for that is if they have bad information specifically about what autism entails. And that bad information in turn must specifically suggest that autism is worse than any of the relevant disease effects.

"Everyone loves the dolphin. A bitter shark - emerging from it's cold depths - doesn't stand a chance." This is hyperbol.

"Run, Jump, Fall, Limp off, Try Harder."

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 3:52 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Well, this is one diagnosed zombie and vegetable who is happy that my parents got me vaccinated.

You are not a zombie or a vegetable; you are non-existent. The entire point of anti-vaccine advocacy is to take advantage of people with more severe or more classical autism and embellish it to show autism is heinous and you need to not vaccinate.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2011, 4:00 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You are not a zombie or a vegetable; you are non-existent. The entire point of anti-vaccine advocacy is to take advantage of people with more severe or more classical autism and embellish it to show autism is heinous and you need to not vaccinate.

Yes, they simply pretend that we Aspies are non-existent - or who knows; they may even try to claim that we Aspies are not really autistic.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2011, 11:15 pm

Why, oh why, are these people so eager for the return of small pox and polio? We almost - ALMOST - got rid of measles too but oh no... we want to keep this highly contagious and sometimes deadly to infants disease around... puts hair on your chest... makes you strong like bull...

It may be callous but I honestly hope that these people reap what they sow. Let's gather them all up for an expenses paid vacation to France - with their unvaccinated family members...

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 8:24 pm

I watched this the other night and when they showed the people with polio I thought of my Auntie she had polio before the vaccine was avaliable.
Also a lot of these diseases are coming back because people aren't getting their kids vaccinated they are horrible diseases why take the risk.

techn0teen
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2011, 9:09 pm

Aprilviolets wrote:
I watched this the other night and when they showed the people with polio I thought of my Auntie she had polio before the vaccine was avaliable.
Also a lot of these diseases are coming back because people aren't getting their kids vaccinated they are horrible diseases why take the risk.

Especially when the only reason is due to a movement built by research that has been discredited time and time again.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2011, 4:07 pm

Quote:
vaccines are bad, diseases are good

Some peoples actually listen to her... humanity is hopeless :roll:

cave_canem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jun 2011, 9:31 pm

Those poor parents. I cannot imagine their grief.

I work with someone who is trying to get pregnant, and who plans to not vaccinate any of her children.

I want her to meet my brother-in-law who is deaf because of rubella.

My 9 month old infant son is in daycare, and I inquired regarding vaccinations. Apparently, one of the children at the daycare center is not vaccinated. I let the woman know that this is putting my child, and other children, at risk.

She said, "No, your son is immunized, so it only puts the other child at risk." I tried to explain that my son is too young to have had his MMR vaccine (they get that at 12 months) - so if the unvaccinated child contracts measles and shows up to daycare, my son would be at risk. Additionally, vaccines are not always 100% effective, so there may be some children who have been vaccinated who don't have full immunity. She stared at me like I was from another planet. I don't think she understood what I was saying.

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 6:10 pm

cave_canem wrote:
I let the woman know that this is putting my child, and other children, at risk.

She said, "No, your son is immunized, so it only puts the other child at risk."

8O

Also, I like how these people are trying to get the courts to determine the issue and the "final say" ... just like the Dred Scott decision.

Last edited by HerrGrimm on 22 Jun 2011, 6:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

cave_canem
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Jun 2011, 6:19 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
cave_canem wrote:
I let the woman know that this is putting my child, and other children, at risk.

8O

?

She meant that only the unvaccinated child was at risk of contracting vaccine preventable illnesses, which is not true. I think maybe my wording was unclear??

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jun 2011, 6:21 pm

cave_canem wrote:
HerrGrimm wrote:
cave_canem wrote:

8O

?

She meant that only the unvaccinated child was at risk of contracting vaccine preventable illnesses, which is not true. I think maybe my wording was unclear??

No I got that. I thought she assumed your child was vaccinated.

EDIT: I might have the bad wording from what I mean. That is not the response I would expect. I was under the assumption that it was the first time you met the person.

oldmantime
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 7:48 pm

nice troll, pic a few crappy anti vacciners, interview them, show a few kids who were harmed by viruses and then claim your argument with no regard to the facts at all. brilliant.

why is it so hard for people like you to wrap your heads around the idea that people should have the choice to not vaccinate? there are risks for either decision and autism is not something to take lightly either. if it were not for social security and family help many of us would be on the street.

it's funny that you think taking the risk of being crippled by autism is favorable to taking the risk of being crippled by a disease. seems to me that either are quite destructive and that a person should have their own opportunity to choose their poison.

also, vaccines can cause symptoms similar to those in certain "shaken baby" cases. they obviously wouldn't be able to duplicate neck trauma, but they can cause problems with the eyes and blood vessels. this has been known for years and is on the vaccine insert.