Some "true friend" YOU are, William Shitner!

Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 11:42 am

I don't think Nimoy would've wanted a charitable event to lose funding because of his funeral. Funerals are for the living to process grief , they are not for the dead (they are, well, dead after all).

You should not love the dead more than the living.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 6:35 pm

William Shatner is a transhumanist. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes he was fighting post human corpse reanimation groups that are so prevalent in the transhumanist movement. If Nimoy gets reanimated, his popularity will rally support for mass reanimations.

Last edited by Nebogipfel on 03 Mar 2015, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Magnus_Rex
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 6:44 pm

So, he is a terrible friend because he does not have time to ritualistic make small talk over his old friend's corpse?

Sorry for this terrible joke, by the way.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

He still has the option for a shiva call
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shiva_%28Judaism%29

Quote:
It is considered a great mitzvah (literally "commandment" but usually interpreted as "good deed") of kindness and compassion to pay a home visit (make or pay a shiva call) to the mourners, a practice known as Nichum Aveilim.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 8:14 pm

He's a shallow Hollywood actor, how disappointed can you be in his misbehavior ??

YippySkippy
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm

Quote:
William Shatner is a transhumanist. I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes he was fighting post human corpse reanimation groups that are so prevalent in the transhumanist movement. If Nimoy gets reanimated, his popularity will rally support for mass reanimations.

Um....what?? :lol:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 10:20 pm

Nebogipfel wrote:

You mean like Herbert West reanimation stuff? :lol:

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 5:09 am

Obituaries are like constant pressure. Every few weeks someone good dies.

It's an odd custom when you think about it. We consume the arts and that is good, but that leaves us open to something like grief when the originator of the art dies. The more art we consume, the more we can be infected by grief. But, why is this condition forced on us? I believe that arts obituaries are emphasised more than the arts themselves. Death is the hook. At other times the element of controversy is the hook. What's important is that the spirit is degraded somehow.

Nebogipfel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 6:45 am

Nimoy has been reanimated a lot of times if you think about it.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 10:45 am

Dantac wrote:
I don't think Nimoy would've wanted a charitable event to lose funding because of his funeral. Funerals are for the living to process grief , they are not for the dead (they are, well, dead after all).

You should not love the dead more than the living.

I did not know Nimoy, so I can't say how he would have "felt" (Not that I am good at type of thing anyway :wink: )

I would think Spock would say it would be illogical to skip the charity.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 11:59 am

Lazar_Kaganovich wrote:

I don't get it. William Shatner just said that he felt awful that he couldn't attend his funeral. It still looks like he considered he considered Leonard Nimoy dear friend in life, what's wrong with that?

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

05 Mar 2015, 8:54 pm

So he's unable to attend an event for a dead person due to doing something to help living people who are in need?
He truly is an awful man.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I