Page 3 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 10:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:
Quote:
Cytokine Storm (redirected from Hypercytokinemia)
A potentially fatal hyperrelease of inflammatory mediators in response to stimulation of T cells and macrophages by pathogens and immune insults
Triggers Graft versus host disease, adult respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis, avian influenza, and systemic inflammatory response syndrome

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictio ... ytokinemia

So, basically, he had a severe allergic reaction and died. That's no reason to tell everyone to avoid vaccines. If someone was allergic to penicillin, would you tell everyone that antibiotics are evil and should be avoided?

Exactly. But you can't tell that to the Jenny McCarthy's of the world.

It is really tiresome and tedious when vaxxers insinuate that anti-vaxxers are driven by stupidity.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2015, 11:14 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:
Quote:
A potentially fatal hyperrelease of inflammatory mediators in response to stimulation of T cells and macrophages by pathogens and immune insults
Triggers Graft versus host disease, adult respiratory distress syndrome, sepsis, avian influenza, and systemic inflammatory response syndrome

So, basically, he had a severe allergic reaction and died. That's no reason to tell everyone to avoid vaccines. If someone was allergic to penicillin, would you tell everyone that antibiotics are evil and should be avoided?

It is really tiresome and tedious when vaxxers insinuate that anti-vaxxers are driven by stupidity.

Well, till they aren't driven by stupidity and misinformation, I will have no choice but to criticize them.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 12:01 am

AspieUtah wrote:
My statements were based on Utah law and court opinions simply because I don't know the details of other states' laws, though I presume that most are similar. Despite what other states like California are attempting to do in the forced-vaccination jurisprudence, Utah law still provides for parental medical, religious and personal-belief exemptions from vaccination for children at Utah Code Subsection 53A-11-S302(3) "Grounds for exemption from required immunizations" ( http://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title53A/Chapt ... -S302.html ). For adults who choose to avoid certain medical treatments Utah Code Section 26-1-33 "Individual rights protected" ( http://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title26/Chapter1/26-1-S33.html ), Utah Code Subsection 26-23-10(1) "Religious exemptions from code" ( http://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title26/Chapte ... 3-S10.html ) and Utah Code Section 26A-1-124 "Religious exemptions" ( http://le.utah.gov/xcode/Title26A/Chapt ... -S124.html ) provide certain lawful exemptions.

And, yet, Utah is routinely described as the healthiest state in the nation.

they are healthy because mormons don't smoke or drink. they'd be even healthier if they required vaccinations.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2015, 2:08 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:
Quote:

The entire anti vaccination argument is based on stupidity. If your argument isn't based on stupidity, then prove it.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 6:39 am

The thread title seems to imply that the baby got 8 shots in one go.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:14 am

blue_bean wrote:
It also implies that the child received all of those shots on the day it was born. The 'newborn' was actually over a year old.

It seems that someone may have been trying to sensationalize a event, and ended up simply lying about what happened, and when.

iliketrees
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:29 am

Fnord wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
It also implies that the child received all of those shots on the day it was born. The 'newborn' was actually over a year old.

Oh, I thought the child got shots as a newborn and later at 14 months. God damn this is a badly worded article. Shows the anti vaccine movement at its finest. Clickbait titles, poorly worded articles, and all to direct hate at pharmaceutical companies developing medicines.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 7:35 am

iliketrees wrote:
Fnord wrote:
blue_bean wrote:
Oh, I thought the child got shots as a newborn and later at 14 months. God damn this is a badly worded article. Shows the anti vaccine movement at its finest. Clickbait titles, poorly worded articles, and all to direct hate at pharmaceutical companies developing medicines.
When word gets out, this tactic will likely backfire on the anti-vaxxers and make them look like howling idiots.

So, spread the word!

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 8:08 am

As with all my news-report posts, the topic title is based exclusively on the title of the report quoted. Blame the publisher.

Meanwhile, let's focus on the topic itself, shall we? Criticize it, not each other. After all, the topic is within the News and Current Events subforum.

Ad hominem claims and statements violate WrongPlanet.net rules, don't they?

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 8:27 am

I'm not anti-vaccine, but I am going to play devil's advocate here: Anything you put in your body has the potential to be harmful to you; what works for one individual's biology may not work the same for someone else. It's well within the realm of possibility that vaccines can have adverse effects on certain individuals. Add in that vaccines are controlled by big pharma and regulated by a non-elected branch of the federal government and I see a huge potential for abuse based on a complete lack of accountability. Remember how Wall Street and the Fed worked in tandem during the financial collapse to protect their own interests at the expense of all other citizens during the 2008 collapse? That's because the two institutions are actually one since the Fed is a revolving door for Wall Street insiders. Big pharma and the FDA have the exact same relationship except now we aren't talking about money, we're talking about your health.

Furthermore, name calling (anti-vaxxers are stupid, moronic, etc.), only pushes people away from your argument. If you truly want to get people of opposing sides to listen to what you have to say treat them with some respect, don't dehumanize them with derogatory statements. I don't agree with AspieUtah on a lot of things, but he's not stupid, he has a viewpoint that differs and this debate should be focused on the merits of his claims, not on brow-beating him into submission with verbal abuse.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 8:55 am

Aristophanes wrote:
I'm not anti-vaccine, but I am going to play devil's advocate here: Anything you put in your body has the potential to be harmful to you; what works for one individual's biology may not work the same for someone else. It's well within the realm of possibility that vaccines can have adverse effects on certain individuals. Add in that vaccines are controlled by big pharma and regulated by a non-elected branch of the federal government and I see a huge potential for abuse based on a complete lack of accountability. Remember how Wall Street and the Fed worked in tandem during the financial collapse to protect their own interests at the expense of all other citizens during the 2008 collapse? That's because the two institutions are actually one since the Fed is a revolving door for Wall Street insiders. Big pharma and the FDA have the exact same relationship except now we aren't talking about money, we're talking about your health.

Furthermore, name calling (anti-vaxxers are stupid, moronic, etc.), only pushes people away from your argument. If you truly want to get people of opposing sides to listen to what you have to say treat them with some respect, don't dehumanize them with derogatory statements. I don't agree with AspieUtah on a lot of things, but he's not stupid, he has a viewpoint that differs and this debate should be focused on the merits of his claims, not on brow-beating him into submission with verbal abuse.

Thank you. :wink:

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2015, 3:05 pm

Aristophanes wrote:

Personally, I never called him stupid. I said the anti vaccine argument was stupid.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 3:56 pm

AutumnSylver wrote:
...I never called him stupid. I said the anti vaccine argument was stupid.

AutumnSylver wrote:
...If your argument isn't based on stupidity, then prove it.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2015, 4:21 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:

AutumnSylver wrote:

Right. I called the argument stupid, not you.

Aristophanes
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2015, 6:26 pm

AutumnSylver wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:

AutumnSylver wrote:

You're calling him stupid by extension. Logic example: Bob believes in evolution, Jane believes the idea of evolution is stupid therefore Jane believes Bob is stupid since he believes a stupid idea. It's a very passive aggressive way to attack someone.

That being said I'm pretty sure it's not against the rules so you can do whatever you wish but do you really think calling someone's ideas "stupid" draws them to your side of an argument? In most cases when the dialogue of an argument moves from civilized discourse to using derogatory statements the debate is over because people will hunker down on their side of the argument and refuse to listen to one another since there is an obvious lack of respect among the participants.

What I see in this thread is AspieUtah on one side and a sea of other people against him, this does not bother me one bit. However, when the crowd starts using derogatory language towards the one then I have a problem because they're hiding behind the numbers of their group and not the veracity of their arguments. It's the same process a lot of autistics get from NTs throughout their life: it's ok to call the autistic names thereby treating them as less than human because there's only one among a sea of normal people.

AutumnSylver
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 May 2015, 6:38 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
AutumnSylver wrote:

AutumnSylver wrote:

You're calling him stupid by extension.

No I'm not. It is possible to call an idea stupid without calling the person stupid. All you're doing is putting words in my mouth.